Sign in to follow this  
lorcan

AT&T U-Verse

Does anyone here have AT&T U-Verse TV and Internet? I was over at AT&T office and given a sales pitch for this. I have Time Warner cable which I hate but I am wondering if this is a good alternative. Anyone here have it and what do you think of it?

I've been very happy with it. Good selection of channels, great internet speeds, reliable, etc.

I had Crapcast before... and I intend to never do business with them again. Slow speeds, crap channels (no Fox Business?! WTF?!), constant outages, etc.

Does anyone here have AT&T U-Verse TV and Internet? I was over at AT&T office and given a sales pitch for this. I have Time Warner cable which I hate but I am wondering if this is a good alternative. Anyone here have it and what do you think of it?

I have U-verse and have had an overall positive experience.

When they first installed their equipment (I live in a brand new apartment) there were issues with some of the connection that caused me to be without cable for 10 days. They took care of the problem and offered $10 dollars a month off for the next year to make up for it. Right now I have U-100, the elite internet, and all movie channels and it is costing only $40 a month (including HD). They also offered to upgrade to U-200 and a DVR for an additional $10.

I like Comcast better. U-verse is like a Verizon FiOS and is lacking in features.

My son has Verizon Fios and it works great. I don't know what features you think are lacking?

When they first installed their equipment (I live in a brand new apartment) there were issues with some of the connection that caused me to be without cable for 10 days. They took care of the problem and offered $10 dollars a month off for the next year to make up for it. Right now I have U-100, the elite internet, and all movie channels and it is costing only $40 a month (including HD). They also offered to upgrade to U-200 and a DVR for an additional $10.

That sounds like a great deal. I would grab it.

Do you get good picture quality? I am interested in how good their DVR is but you don't have one. Maybe someone else can answer that?

HUH? 50 a month for that? That's amazing...

I have U-200, 6 meg internet (elite I think) and home phone...with showtime package for like 154 a month

DVR is fine...never used another one though...get 120 hours of recording time...only complaint is sometimes the menus are slow...

HUH? 50 a month for that? That's amazing...

I have U-200, 6 meg internet (elite I think) and home phone...with showtime package for like 154 a month

Wow, they quoted me less than that for the U-450 with HBO and Showtime with home phone and internet. They were giving me a little break because I have wireless service with AT&T.

DVR is fine...never used another one though...get 120 hours of recording time...only complaint is sometimes the menus are slow...

Their literature says their DVR has 233 hours of standard recording time or 65 of HD recording time. I get about 200 hours with Time Warner so I would not want to end up with less.

What I was wondering is with the DVR can you rewind a program if you have the channel on but want to go back an hour or so? I used to have a Moxie Box with Time Warner where I could go back and forth between two channels and rewind on both. I am trying to find out if that is possible with U-Verse. TW stopped the Moxie boxes and took them all back. The DVR they gave us in exchange is a piece of carp! I could buy my own Moxie box for about $700 -800 and then not have to pay for the rental of both boxes but it is a lot to spend. I have thought about it though.

Hate our U-Verse. The boxes they use freeze up and need to be reset a lot, and the Internet is pretty slow.

At least in our experience.