Sign in to follow this  
Grizzly Bear

Hotels

What has been your experience with hotels in regard to credit cards and ID requirements?

What I have noticed is that 80% do not ask for ID. Perhaps this is because we book online with a loyalty card, but we also have not been hassled at the "mom & pops". It seems to me that since so many do not require it, they are probably doing just fine as is.

We have been to Best Western, LaQuinta, Comfort Inn and Quality Inn and 80% of the time we are not hassled. When I write to Visa to file a complaint, they send me the same letter they send as if it were any other type of business, saying they will take action.

If there were a chain we could count on to treat us with respect (no demand for ID) then they would have our loyalty.

Edited by Grizzly Bear

This is interesting. I've been of the impression hotels require ID of all patrons regardless of how they are paying...

I find I am asked about 67% of the time and there is not really any consistency between chains at hotels.

This is interesting. I've been of the impression hotels require ID of all patrons regardless of how they are paying...

I find I am asked about 67% of the time and there is not really any consistency between chains at hotels.

Yeah,I have been asked 4 times out of 20 hotels. When I ask why, the answer was the same every time - it was to verify that the credit card was legit.

Also, the fact that many do not require ID seems to indicate that they are not so vulnerable as the pro-ID folks would have us believe.

Edited by Grizzly Bear

I spend >30 nights a year at hotels and always get asked for ID at check-in regardless of credit card use.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SherryBaby
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines