Sign in to follow this  
stroked89coupe

The new guide to establish business credit.

Is having a net 30 account better than just a business credit card? I am looking at office depot and they have two options a Business Credit Account and a Business Account. The Credit account is just like a credit card and the account you have to pay in full each month.

Not really, usually the Net is a little easier to get. If you notice the revolving is geared towards smaller businesses which tend to borrow and not pay in full while larger businesses pay their bills in full monthly usually.

Please, I cant move forward. I read dozens of times that virtual offices are not a good idea. Use my home address, got it. But what if my home address is an apartment? Ive been told not to use "APT" but "Unit"... Ok, but cant lenders tell I'm in an apartment by using google? Also should I change my info with D&B to UNIT?

If lenders do "Google" the address they will see its a virtual or a apartment.. Lenders want a address where you can be found not a virtual place.

If D&B did their job it is already marked in your file that it's a residential address.

I have read that you should let the vendor accounts that report to create the DNB profile, but you are saying to set up online for free. I have net 30 account with Quill, Uline, Amsterdam, MSC Industrial and Grainger. I have been checking for them to report and nothing yet.

Should i do set up DUNS number free or wait til they report? What is the benefit either way?

What about the personal name? When applying for all those accounts could the personal name vary at each account?! Or does it have to be the same exact personal name?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

How long does it take for trades to post to D&B?

They seem to report to Experian Business quickly, but reporting to D&B is taking forever (at least it feels this way :)

I'm interested in starting an online business out of my home, selling services. My home will not be a place where I will meet with clients. I'd like to establish business credit for this new business, but would prefer to have a PO BOX instead of my home address on my business listings. Does having a PO Box/UPS Store box affect one's ability to acquire credit? Also, if I incorporate in a different state than where I physically live, does that affect one's ability to get business credit? I have a perfect, thick and older personal credit file for whatever it is worth. Thank you for your input.

On 9/8/2016 at 11:55 AM, briand said:

I have read that you should let the vendor accounts that report to create the DNB profile, but you are saying to set up online for free. I have net 30 account with Quill, Uline, Amsterdam, MSC Industrial and Grainger. I have been checking for them to report and nothing yet.

Should i do set up DUNS number free or wait til they report? What is the benefit either way?

The first thing you need to do before applying is have your duns number. The vendors that report to dun and Bradstreet can’t report on an unregistered company.

On 10/22/2011 at 5:55 AM, troppixx said:

Awesome! Thank you! :-)

Thanks for the excellent solution to my problem, now all the reporting will be done on time

Here is a Company that reports to all three bureaus. EX and EQ quickly. DNB takes about 45 days. www.thedsquad.net they will give you a reasonable size if you have a established business. If you are starting off they will still give you a line just a smaller one.