Sign in to follow this  
orangecrush

Should a 96 year old get jail time for murder?

Guest SoFLi-ne
<BR>Yes. If they do the crime, they do the time. I don't care what their age is.<BR>

+1, ^^ this. (Its not like hes innocent, or did something minor, or didnt do something.)

My answer, as to the topic: Yes, he should.

Id say an appropriate sentence is: "Life in prison." :lol::rofl:

Edited by SoFLi-ne

<BR>Yes. If they do the crime, they do the time. I don't care what their age is.<BR>

+1, ^^ this. (Its not like hes innocent, or did something minor, or didnt do something.)

Please let me know what browser and skin you are using.

Yes. If they do the crime, they do the time. I don't care what their age is.

What is this nonsense? A 96 year old man should not be sent to prison for murder... He should be sentenced to teach preschool for the rest of his life...

Evil_Grin_by_kata.jpg

Guest SoFLi-ne

Please let me know what browser and skin you are using.

Yes maam, skin was "Star spangled" and browser is IE8 8.0.7601.17504

I think a slow net connection caused those, hence the replicate posts. Apologies.

The culprit is a 96 year old woman, who acts like she doesn't give a damn. I would throw her in jail.

I'd also hang out with her for a couple of days....

The culprit is a 96 year old woman, who acts like she doesn't give a damn. I would throw her in jail.

We have been :rofl: :rofl: over this at work - chick is HARD!!

We're betting she already has run of the unit she's on.

:lol:

Did you see her when the judge told her he wouldn't give her bail?! She smiled and DID.NOT.CARE! She was smiling and chilling with guards. The other lockups are scared of her.

I'd also hang out with her for a couple of days....

That's probably long it would be, before she shot you.

Did you see her when the judge told her he wouldn't give her bail?! She smiled and DID.NOT.CARE! She was smiling and chilling with guards. The other lockups are scared of her.

:rofl:

I didn't watch the Casey Anthony trial, but I'll have the DVR set up for this one if it's televised - I'll bet she's got a dam good reason for why she shot her nephew. He probably talked greasy about her cooking or her mama.

I think a lot will come down to her mental state of mind. If they determine that she is senile then she probably won't be tried.

I figure she will spend the rest of her days in Chattahoochee.

:rofl:

I didn't watch the Casey Anthony trial, but I'll have the DVR set up for this one if it's televised - I'll bet she's got a dam good reason for why she shot her nephew. He probably talked greasy about her cooking or her mama.

She is just mean. Her nephew had been trying to get help with her. Family services showed up and she threatened to shoot them. For some reason, no one believed she had a gun. Her nephew is the only one who would take her in. Neighbors and co-workers say he was scared of her and worried.

Yeah, I think that the 96 yr old should get jail time for murder. If 96 years of age excludes someone, what about 95? 90? What would be the cut off age for penalties for committing crimes (big and small)? On the other hand, if I knew I just had to wait to be 80 to get away with say... well, something criminal, then I'd always have that in the back of my mind and plan a big Thelma & Louise type adventure with small modifications for walkers and oxygen tanks :grin:

Dementia/Alzheimer's ain't no joke. She Probably thought he was trying to do something to her (beat her with a stick as was reported to social services)...but she's pretty hard core crazy or not. I can just see her mumbling to herself "beat me with a stick?!?!? I'll show you beat me with a stick!!!"

I feel bad for the nephew and his family. They tried to do the right thing and take care of her, when the state should have taken her and put her in a elderly care facility. Crazy thought, but no one seems to know where the gun came from... could it be possible dude's wife left it with G-ma (cause this old bitty is G for reals)ya think? :dntknw:

I'm glad I read this though. It'll make me better aware when MeMaw comes to live with us. Luckily PePaw already took her gun away (she thinks a distant "yankee" cousin stole it. :rofl: Hopefully she wont ever see him again.)

to answer the question - yes she should never see the outside of a prison again. But I foresee the state mental institution anyways.

Dementia/Alzheimer's ain't no joke. She Probably thought he was trying to do something to her (beat her with a stick as was reported to social services)...but she's pretty hard core crazy or not. I can just see her mumbling to herself "beat me with a stick?!?!? I'll show you beat me with a stick!!!"

I feel bad for the nephew and his family. They tried to do the right thing and take care of her, when the state should have taken her and put her in a elderly care facility. Crazy thought, but no one seems to know where the gun came from... could it be possible dude's wife left it with G-ma (cause this old bitty is G for reals)ya think? :dntknw:

I'm glad I read this though. It'll make me better aware when MeMaw comes to live with us. Luckily PePaw already took her gun away (she thinks a distant "yankee" cousin stole it. :rofl: Hopefully she wont ever see him again.)

to answer the question - yes she should never see the outside of a prison again. But I foresee the state mental institution anyways.

My Aunt Irene had it so bad, she no longer recognized my uncle (her husband) after 50+ years of marriage. Got dangerous one day he went out to check the mail and she wouldn't let him in the house since she didn't know who he was. Him telling her to get pictures off the fire mantel of them together didn't work either. Luckily she didn't go to shoot him, but he had to call his daughter drive over to bring a spare key.

One of my friends had a dad with a collection of guns for decades. Then his dad started to get really bad dementia. A relative that lived "far away" had to "borrow" the guns to keep everyone safe. So yeah, distant cousins can come in handy :rolleyes:

Edited by slow_but_eventual