Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

JPMorgan Palladium Card

The last post in this topic was posted 1606 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Read through half this thread so this may have been brought up: Turns out these cards are simply plated in palladium and not palladium all the way through. They are composed of some base metal, with a gold plate on top of that, then the palladium plating on top of the gold plating. There is a cost to the producer of these cards but I can assure you it is nowhere near the $1000 as reported. I would like to melt one down if someone here is willing to report their card lost and get a new one and send me the cancelled one. Or if somebody has an expired/cancelled card they don't need? I'd pay for it.

where is your evidence of the card being plated? and why does it matter even if it is?

It came up about ten times if the card is plated or if it is full palladium in this thread. Most basic evidence is the weight is wrong. If it was mixed with a base metal it wouldn't look the way it does- obviously plated.

please show your math. how is the weight wrong? I have several Palladium coins and the color of the Pd card is essentially the same so I am not sure what you mean by "it wouldn't look the way it does"

what base metal are you claiming it is plated over? Palladium is fairly brittle so I would not be surprised if there are other metals in the alloy.

I'll be more specific. The density is wrong for Palladium. If you were to weigh the card (1oz) and then check it's water displacement you'll find that the density is completely wrong for Palladium. Similarly the density for a palladium alloy is not consistent either.

As for my statement about the way it looks. You just pointed out my very point. It looks like palladium, if it were only a 50% palladium alloy it would not look the way it does. An example is the Krugerrand. It is 22ct gold with the remainder being copper. The coin has a red look to it.

Another simple way to see if the coin is plated is to see if it it sticks to a magnet. Palladium isn't very magnetic and gold isn't at all.

I also think that you guys are reacting very weird to something you don't care about. I think a lot of people are just curious as to what the card is made out of. I was just adding some input to the thread.

I am a mild credit card enthusiast and collect different countries credit cards and since I live outside the US the only way to get a crack at seeing what the card is made out of myself is trying to find someone to send me one.

I am living in South Africa at the moment and the most exclusive credit card is a VISA Infinite private bank one. The VISA Black cards here are actually just VISA Platinum. AMEX Platinum is by invitation only and the Centurion isn't available.

However. something you guys may find interesting. My private banking fee here is 250 rand a month which is around $30 which includes all ATM fees and internet banking transfers etc as well as a AMEX Platinum and Visa Black (but not really black). You get the priority pass airport lounge access as well so it's a lot cheaper than the US for that.

If you think anyone from this form or elsewhere is going to send a JP Morgan Palladium card to South Africa for you to "play with it" your more out your mind than I thought.

What's wrong with South Africa? And why would someone care about a cancelled credit card?

South Africa is a haven for credit card fraud. Even though the card is cancelled some how some way a fraudster will figure out how to extract money from it.

South Africa is not a haven for credit card fraud. There's barely any credit card fraud in South Africa.

Also, you can't do anything with a cancelled credit card. eBay allows people to sell credit cards. There's loads of hardcore collectors in Asia.

By the way, if there were at least 500 parts per thousand- which would be half -There would be a hallmark on the card. Specific Hallmarks for Palladium exist since 2010 and before a platinum one would be given.

Now if someone could be specific about the base metals we could actually work out how much palladium is in the card using water displacement weight and metal density. How much fun would that be?

I have Pd bars and Stillwater Pd items and none have a hallmark.

Have you even seen a Pd card? It is not magnetic BTW and somewhere in this thread I posted the exact dimensions IIRC.

Pd IS magnetic, just not extremely so. And you would need a strong magnet to get past the gold plating anyway.

Since 2010 Palladium items have to be hallmarked. Generally bullion bars are hallmarked or have a hallmark certificate. You might just have yourself some plated bars there.

I am sure the bars are real because I bought them from a trusted ebay seller in South Africa.

The funny thing is that any palladium you own probably did come from SA ----> http://www.angloplatinum.com/

Sounds like you are quoting the UK hallmarking law.

If you read further there are exemptions for scientific and industrial products, amongst many others such as gold leaf and Pd, Pt, ad Au wire.

In any case it should be perfectly obvious at this point that the Palladium Card, almost certainly contains a rather small amount of Pd or Au. It's all about branding.

Gold and Platinum are often sold without hallmarking. For instance, gold leaf is extremely common and platinum wire and crucibles are widely used. Now within the jewelry industry there are hallmark requirements mandated by the ftc.

Palladium is indeed paramagnetic. That is slightly, very slightly, attractive to the divergent field near a magnetic pole. It would be very difficult to detect but a 1 oz Pd coin would exhibit around .0001 pounds pull from a strong magnet that would attach itself with tens of pounds to a steel plate. You aren't going to feel it but it is easily detected with simple instruments.

Oh, and gold plating will not affect the magnetic field any more than water would. They are both weakly diamagnetic (repel from a magnetic pole). Gold, thin or thick layer, will not shield a stationary magnetic field.

"

Since when do bullion bars not have a hallmark?

Read what I wrote. I never claimed bullion wasn't hallmarked. Bullion bars are hallmarked except for certain special industries such as medical/dental uses. I was pointing out that hallmarking is not always required. Even for amounts exceeding 1g. I have a couple fillings that are easily several grams. I guarantee you they aren't hallmarked.

Read through half this thread so this may have been brought up: Turns out these cards are simply plated in palladium and not palladium all the way through. They are composed of some base metal, with a gold plate on top of that, then the palladium plating on top of the gold plating. There is a cost to the producer of these cards but I can assure you it is nowhere near the $1000 as reported. I would like to melt one down if someone here is willing to report their card lost and get a new one and send me the cancelled one. Or if somebody has an expired/cancelled card they don't need? I'd pay for it.

where is your evidence of the card being plated? and why does it matter even if it is?

i can confirm it seems to be plated. mine has started showing some copper/brass color on the rear edges.

please post some pictures. thanks.

IMG_0801.jpg

Oh, and gold plating will not affect the magnetic field any more than water would.

if I cover myself in olive oil and bourbon will that affect my magnetism?

Try some Honey instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll be beary magnetic then. :angel:

Oh, and gold plating will not affect the magnetic field any more than water would.

if I cover myself in olive oil and bourbon will that affect my magnetism?

Try some Honey instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll be beary magnetic then. :angel:

honey works. :lol:

I used JP M Palladium to set up a stay at the Trump Chicago. We were bumped up to a much better & larger room, a bottle of champagne, $50 per night food credit and $25 spa credit ,early check in and a late check out. It was wonderful. We set up two small events with Trumps concierge and were driven in their Audi A8L limo to both no charge except a generous tip to driver. Had to walk back. No biggy we were ok with that. All in all a GREAT experience. I will use them the next time around as well. I LOVE THIS CARD!!

I used JP M Palladium to set up a stay at the Trump Chicago. We were bumped up to a much better & larger room, a bottle of champagne, $50 per night food credit and $25 spa credit ,early check in and a late check out. It was wonderful. We set up two small events with Trumps concierge and were driven in their Audi A8L limo to both no charge except a generous tip to driver. Had to walk back. No biggy we were ok with that. All in all a GREAT experience. I will use them the next time around as well. I LOVE THIS CARD!!

sweet! we usually stay at the Drake or Fairmont but want to try the Trump

1345868078[/url]' post='4737927']
1345779823[/url]' post='4737355']

sweet! we usually stay at the Drake or Fairmont but want to try the Trump

If you are going to Chicago I recommend a suite at the Waldorf...possibly the best room I have ever stayed in (inside US)...

1346092667[/url]' post='4738982']

Can you email or send me a url to downloand the application? please advise. i really want to apply for the card.

You can go to the Chase web site and click on "all credit cards" then call the number on the Palladium card link. They will email you the application. You fill it out and fax it back. Easy. rolleyes.gif

Can you email or send me a url to downloand the application? please advise. i really want to apply for the card.

You can go to the Chase web site and click on "all credit cards" then call the number on the Palladium card link. They will email you the application. You fill it out and fax it back. Easy. rolleyes.gif

I was just on the Chase website and the Palladium is no longer (or at least at this time) not listed...maybe they finally pulled it...or are making a marketing change to it...

I was just on the Chase website and the Palladium is no longer (or at least at this time) not listed...maybe they finally pulled it...or are making a marketing change to it...

I just checked, and didn't login and it's still listed. It was on the second page of three under "all credit cards"

Go through your private banker because all reports now show that without a private banking relationship you will not get the card.

cool. i called and asked for cli. i was at 15k, and asked for 50k. they countered with 37.5k.

hard pull?

xxxxxxxxxxxx it, turns out it was HP on exp. they never asked me for permission, nor did they tell me they were going to do HP. oh well...

Edited by MarvBear
profanity removed

cool. i called and asked for cli. i was at 15k, and asked for 50k. they countered with 37.5k.

hard pull?

xxxxxxxxxxxx it, turns out it was HP on exp. they never asked me for permission, nor did they tell me they were going to do HP. oh well...

That's why you ice EX and then they will pull TU which is B*

The last post in this topic was posted 1606 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.