Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

JPMorgan Palladium Card

The last post in this topic was posted 1616 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Ahh! I remember the good old days when this post started 35 pages ago with the line "Has anyone actually tried calling in and applying? I have a feeling there isn't actually a Private Banking requirement based on things I've read on other boards. " Oh how it has went so off in a tangent. offtopic.gif

Edited by Chronometer

Anyone thought about the Chase United Club Visa? They sent me an email stating that since I already have a UC membership they will reinburse me the cost (~450.00) of the UC. As the Palladium benefit paid for my UC membership not sure that it would work...but made me think. $95 credit for first use and then the say $450 credit for the UC reimbursment..~$550 for opening...not bad. Chase has been pretty good to me over the years so not sure I want to jeopardize that over five hundred bucks..so I will pass..plus not sure i see any benefit in the Club Visa over what I already have...anyway just thinking out loud

Anyone thought about the Chase United Club Visa? They sent me an email stating that since I already have a UC membership they will reinburse me the cost (~450.00) of the UC. As the Palladium benefit paid for my UC membership not sure that it would work...but made me think. $95 credit for first use and then the say $450 credit for the UC reimbursment..~$550 for opening...not bad. Chase has been pretty good to me over the years so not sure I want to jeopardize that over five hundred bucks..so I will pass..plus not sure i see any benefit in the Club Visa over what I already have...anyway just thinking out loud

if you value UC membership a lot then the card can make sense, but IMHO the United Club Visa is subpar, especially if you already earn a lot of BIS miles.

anyone else get a call asking some general questions about how you like the perks and rewards and what could improve the card?

BTW, I'd be willing to make a bet that the Pd card is NOT made predominately of Pd.

Someone needs to do a serious density check on one and take it to a jeweler with an x-ray fluoresence spectro to cross check the density. If the density and alloy makeup match I'll buy it but until then I think it's just branding.

BTW, I'd be willing to make a bet that the Pd card is NOT made predominately of Pd.

Someone needs to do a serious density check on one and take it to a jeweler with an x-ray fluoresence spectro to cross check the density. If the density and alloy makeup match I'll buy it but until then I think it's just branding.

Who cares though ?.. I stopped carrying the metal card quite some time ago.

Who cares though ?.. I stopped carrying the metal card quite some time ago.

word!

I found a local jewelery place that told me over the phone they could do the analysis, but it is located in the hood so I have not made it over there yet. even if I did get a print out I doubt some folks would believe it.

so you want to know the perks and app process for the Palladium card? you can read this entire thread or read this web site...

http://mypalladiumcard.com/

I love how this stupid website and some arrogant folks on flyer talk are now claiming Delta Sky Club is an official benefit. I was probably the first one to get this and since I mistakenly posted it word got out and now everyone and their brother are trying to get it (and probably all of those people are just getting it because).

so you want to know the perks and app process for the Palladium card? you can read this entire thread or read this web site...

I love how this stupid website and some arrogant folks on flyer talk are now claiming Delta Sky Club is an official benefit. I was probably the first one to get this and since I mistakenly posted it word got out and now everyone and their brother are trying to get it (and probably all of those people are just getting it because).

case-by-case is not a universal benefit. :wave: IIRC some people on FT got denied DSC?

1344621590[/url]' post='4730853']
1344614994[/url]' post='4730811']

I got the United Red Carpet Club card only after complaining about th Priority Pass Select card (included with membership) was no longer accepted at Unted Clubs. I suggested them that they Chase are connected to the United Visa etc. etc. There was some pushback but they came around. No Delta Club needed.

has anyone gotten swag lately? we got a package from westlake OH and for a second I was excited for some Pd swag, but it was info and stuff for the Fairmont card.

Read through half this thread so this may have been brought up: Turns out these cards are simply plated in palladium and not palladium all the way through. They are composed of some base metal, with a gold plate on top of that, then the palladium plating on top of the gold plating. There is a cost to the producer of these cards but I can assure you it is nowhere near the $1000 as reported. I would like to melt one down if someone here is willing to report their card lost and get a new one and send me the cancelled one. Or if somebody has an expired/cancelled card they don't need? I'd pay for it.

Read through half this thread so this may have been brought up: Turns out these cards are simply plated in palladium and not palladium all the way through. They are composed of some base metal, with a gold plate on top of that, then the palladium plating on top of the gold plating. There is a cost to the producer of these cards but I can assure you it is nowhere near the $1000 as reported. I would like to melt one down if someone here is willing to report their card lost and get a new one and send me the cancelled one. Or if somebody has an expired/cancelled card they don't need? I'd pay for it.

Please be careful. We do not allow solicitations on our forums.

where is your evidence of the card being plated? and why does it matter even if it is?

where is your evidence of the card being plated? and why does it matter even if it is?

it was one of the comments posted on http://www.thejanedough.com/palladium-credit-card/ a year ago. looks like they just cut and pasted it onto their post over here.

Ive broken down the materials of the Paladium card. It consist of 99% of people that can't get one and 1% of people that can. It could be made of recycled plastic bottles and it would still be the best credit card I've ever had. Their service is top notch. Their concierge service is awesome and the personalized perks are the best in the business. The best part is that it is more exclusive than the AMEX black card.

Edited by Chronometer

i can confirm it seems to be plated. mine has started showing some copper/brass color on the rear edges.

It came up about ten times if the card is plated or if it is full palladium in this thread. Most basic evidence is the weight is wrong. If it was mixed with a base metal it wouldn't look the way it does- obviously plated.

Ive broken down the materials of the Paladium card. It consist of 99% of people that can't get one and 1% of people that can. It could be made of recycled plastic bottles and it would still be the best credit card I've ever had. Their service is top notch. Their concierge service is awesome and the personalized perks are the best in the business. The best part is that it is more exclusive than the AMEX black card.

It's unfortunate it's not available outside the US. Try call AMEX South Africa. It's a nightmare for all of the above.

In spite of marketing efforts, it's not more exclusive than the Centurion. It's available to Chase PC and JPM PB customers. The former requires 250k the latter 5M of financial assets. I don't even come close to the spend required for a Centurion invite nor would I pony up the fees for it. I've considered the Pd card largely because I like the idea of occasional large spends that it would do. OTOH, I think my plat would work for those cases right now.

i can confirm it seems to be plated. mine has started showing some copper/brass color on the rear edges.

please post some pictures. thanks.

The last post in this topic was posted 1616 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.