Sign in to follow this  
Cone

JPMorgan Palladium Card

Has anyone actually tried calling in and applying? I have a feeling there isn't actually a Private Banking requirement based on things I've read on other boards.

Has anyone actually tried calling in and applying? I have a feeling there isn't actually a Private Banking requirement based on things I've read on other boards.

Being that apps are only accepted through your private banker I don't see how its openly available. But its not as hard o qualify for privaye banking, its certainly not the $30 million that everyone says it is.

Being that apps are only accepted through your private banker I don't see how its openly available. But its not as hard o qualify for privaye banking, its certainly not the $30 million that everyone says it is.

There is a number on the Chase website that you can call.

What other boards? Everything Ive ever read says at minimum you need a private banker relationship. How about you call and ask :P

At least one guy on this thread claims to have apped for and gotten a Palladium card without being a private banking client. My guess is that the palladium card is really a marketing effort for their private banking "services" which generally amount to trust and active portfolio/money managing. Large banks are looking to these services as a way of getting back some of the profits traditional banking no longer provides.

http://www.luxury4play.com/business/88543-jp-morgan-chase-palladium-card.html

Not quite sure how that's related but thank you for your response.

just that folks have discussed getting it in the past.

if I didn't loath JPC I'd go for it.

What did they do? You know what they say, forgive and forget!

I just prefer to not have my savings or investments with it. I do have a couple chase credit cards, but I have to cover my nose when I use them. :grin:

I just prefer to not have my savings or investments with it. I do have a couple chase credit cards, but I have to cover my nose when I use them. :grin:

Why so? I've never banked with them. My choice of banking is largely driven by the density of local offices I can run into in the states I visit and, while there are a lot of Chases where I live they are kinda thin in some other places.

Why so? I've never banked with them. My choice of banking is largely driven by the density of local offices I can run into in the states I visit and, while there are a lot of Chases where I live they are kinda thin in some other places.

most of my investment $$ is with fidelity and vanguard. for savings I use Alliant and also ladder CDs with various CU. chase does not have a single banking product (sans a couple rewards cards) that I see value in and I certainly don't need someone at JPmorgan making 1% off the top of my investments regardless of whether they make money for me or not.

Chances are you have investments with Chase with/without your knowledge. They provide "services" to many small banks and CUs.

Chances are you have investments with Chase with/without your knowledge. They provide "services" to many small banks and CUs.

true, but that is very different than me moving brokerage accounts from fidelity to JPM.

I just prefer to not have my savings or investments with it. I do have a couple chase credit cards, but I have to cover my nose when I use them.

Yea don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable. But the guess is that you don't need either to get the card. Maybe someone will apply and find out. :D

I have both a Visa Black Card and the JP Morgan Palladium Visa card among others. Here are the differences of the credit cards.

1-A standard Visa or MC card must be accessed by the web. Very minimal phone help. Some minor perks. When presented no one cares.

2-My B Of A Visa Signature card has no annual fees. A low intrest rate and World Points. Nothing exciting. When you phone the number on the card you get a automated system and need to enter the account number and zip before it prompts you to select an extension. Also when presented; No one cares.

3-My Black Card Visa (not a Visa Signature but some of the same benefits) .

115947_img_2749.jpg

The annual fee is $495. Perks are $150 ish annual gifts, Priority Pass Select (Select is the base PP card 4 free visits total per year.), Decent interest rates, Noticeable card gets some attention when presented, willing concierge service, and reward points.

When you call them you get the same service as above but with a British automated voice. Very sexy.

4- My J.P.Morgan Palladium Visa (Also a Visa Signature) .

115946_img_2751.jpg

You get a actual human who answers the phone number on the back of the card. They don't even ask for a card number but instead ask your name (verification) and may ask one more security question. Annual fee is $595. The card is made of 1 oz of Palladium (I weighed it), (1oz of Palladium is over $750 right now) A smart chip for European travel and maybe someday here in the US. Your name and account number laser etched on the front and the back. Every time I've used it the merchant has made some comment about how cool it looks or feels. Not the best interest rate but if you can prove better they may lower it. It comes with a 57 page book of benefits that include...

Top tier JP Morgan concierge service that is only offered on the Palladium card. Aside from the usual travel planning, dining reservations, and event ticket procurement, the guide states that they will "provide you with a virtually limitless array of unique offers, time-saving conveniences and personalized insider expertise." I was told that they could get me tickets to any event I wished to see or go to.

Ultimate Rewards

The JP Morgan Palladium credit card participates in the Chase Ultimate Rewards program:

2 points per dollar spent on travel

1 point per dollar everywhere else

No caps or expiration

A bonus of 35,000 additional points after you spend $100,000 annually

Points can be used for almost anything. My favorite benefit is the ability to transfer Ultimate Reward points on a 1:1 basis to British Airways, Marriot, and Priority Club.

Unlimited Priority Pass Access:

With the JP Palladium Visa card you get unlimited lounge access for you and one guest each year BUT and a BIG BUT ; As of October 2011 Priority Pass Select marked cards will not be allowed in United or Continental's Red Carpet Clubs.

For the record the A M E X cardholders Priority Pass Select cards are unlimited use but only for the member. Guest have to pay. So in short the JP Palladium Card wins again. So far love the card!

Marquis Jet Perks

Marquis Jet has access to the world's largest fleet of private jets. For those with the JP Morgan Palladium, additional perks and benefits will be offered on Marquis Jet, including a free hour of flight time with the purchase of your first 25-hour jet card. To put that in perspective, the value of that exclusive Palladium card benefit ranges from $5,716 to $14,716!

British Airways Benefits

Complimentary upgrade to first-class with each purchase of a full-fare, non-restricted, round-trip business class ticket from the U.S. to London

Complimentary companion ticket for each full-fare, non-restricted, round-trip business class ticket from the U.S. to anywhere British Airways flies.

Travel and Purchase Benefits

Automobile Rental Collision Damage Waiver (primary)

Roadside Assistance (up to $50 per incident)

Emergency Evacuation and Transportation Coverage (up to $100,000)

Travel Accident Insurance (up to $1,000,000)

Repatriation of Remains (if you die while traveling, up to $1,000 will be paid to bring your body home)

Emergency Medical and Dental Coverage (supplementary up to $2,500, may be subject to $50 deductible)

Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance (up to $5,000)

Trip Delay Reimbursement (up to $300 per ticket, to cover lodging, meals, etc. necessary due to your delay)

Baggage Delay (excess coverage of up to $500 for emergency purchase of essentials if baggage is delayed 18+ hours)

Lost Luggage Reimbursement ("up to amounts you actually paid for luggage and its contents")

Hotel Burglary Insurance (up to $1,000)

Travel and Emergency Assistance (arranging for money transfers, emergency translation services, legal referrals, etc. while traveling)

Purchase Protection (up to $10,000 per claim/$50,000 per year)

Return Protection (for eligible returns not accepted by the retailer within the first 90 days, up to $500 per item, $1,000 per year)

Price Protection (up to $500 per item and $1,500 per year)

Ticket Protection (for unused, non-refundable ticketed events that cannot be attended due to covered reasons, up to $500 per event ticket, $2,000 per event, and $4,000 annually)

Visa Warranty Manager Service (up to one additional year of coverage for purchases with a U.S. manufacturer's warranty of 3 years or less)

No foreign transaction fees

Add-on fee waiver (late fees, over-limit fees, cash advance check fees, and return payment fees are waived)

and oh yeah....It looks and feels sweet!

Disclaimer: The above is a summary only that was listed in the Palladium Card benefits guide as of February 2011 excluding the "it looks and feels sweet" part. Benefits are subject to change without notice. Please consult the card issuer for the rules, limitations, and restrictions applicable to each benefit.

___

I have both a Visa Black Card and the JP Morgan Palladium Visa card among others. Here are the differences of the credit cards.

where else

way cool on the palladium card but that visa black card has the worse ratio of annual fee to perks in the world. why on earth did you get it?

on the Palladium card, are you a JPM private bank client? If so, are you close to the average account holder (30 million)?

where else

way cool on the palladium card but that visa black card has the worse ratio of annual fee to perks in the world. why on earth did you get it?

on the Palladium card, are you a JPM private bank client? If so, are you close to the average account holder (30 million)?

After having the Black Card for two years I would have to say it all seems to be a clever cover up. First off you were not invited to receive the card as one would be from AMEX. I simply applied. Another example is that they use British female's voice when you call the 800 number. As for the $495 fee. It covers the Priority Pass Select card cost of ($99) and the $150ish black Swatch watch gift I received this year. Last year the gift was a pair of Ray Ban black Aviator sunglasses. ($180 ish). My honest opinion is that they will offer it to anyone regardless of income but the people who are approved do need to have excellent credit and a income. Since I have the JP Palladium card and love the service so far I will be dropping the Black Card in April when it is up for renewal.

I called Black Card today and they said it is a standard Visa card that is limited to the top credit 1% of US citizens. They are not able to upgrade it to a Signature Visa due to their agreement with the issuing bank. They did hint that upon renewal of the card next year that the annual fee could be reduced or waved if I was to try to close the account. She did also mention that it does have perks like, annual gifts, Priority Pass card and private concierge service that are provided by the issuing bank. Barclay's.

No I do not have a private banker at JP Morgan.

The chase card sounds good but a hefty annual fee. What is your interest rate on it?

from the application form I completed today:

INTEREST RATES AND INTEREST CHARGES

Annual Percentage Rate 8.24%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.a

(APR) for Purchases

APR for Balance Transfers 8.24%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.a

APR for Cash Advances 8.24%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.b

APR for Overdraft 8.24% (not available in some states). This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.b

Advances

Your due date will be a minimum of 21 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you periodic interest

on any portion of new purchases billed to a statement that we allocate such payment to, so long as your current statement

FEES

Annual Membership Fee $595.00; each additional card: $99.00 per year.

Transaction fees

Balance Transfers Either $5.00 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.

Cash Advances Either $3.00 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.

Foreign Transactions None

Penalty Fees

Late Payment None

Return Payment None

Return Check None

No I do not have a private banker at JP Morgan.

Chronometer, not trying to pry, but with your income/net worth, would you say you are their target demographic for this card, or would you say you were below that demo and "squeaked" in? Not trying to insinuate anything, but if you squeaked, I sure would love to try and be able to squeak!

Do you do primary or significant banking with JPMorgan/Chase? Most of us here avoid big banks like the devil as far as checking, savings, and loans. We just like going after their shiny credit cards!

You will earn 2 points for each $1 of net purchases made at retail locations that classify their merchant location for Visa in any of the following categories: airlines, car rental agencies (excluding truck, trailer,and RV), and lodging establishments. Online and catalog purchases are not eligible to receive the 2 points unless the merchants have correctly identified and billed the transactions. We do not determine whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions as being made at locations in each particular category. However, we do reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for the 2 points. You will earn an additional 1 point for each $1 of eligible airfare net purchases made online through the program booking tool. You will earn 1 point for each $1 of all other net purchases. As a one-time bonus Annually, once you reach $100,000 or more in net purchases, and you make one additional purchase within that year, you will receive 35,000 bonus points. (“Annually” means the year beginning with your enrollment date through the fi rst statement after the anniversary of your enrollment date, and each twelve months thereafter.) You do not earn points on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. There is no maximum number of points that you can accumulate in the program. A service fee of up to $20 per ticket may be charged for the use of our toll-free number to book or

change airline itineraries. Redemptions made online do not have a service fee. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established