Sign in to follow this  
Nostromo

Walmart has Christmas Trees out already

They moved all the grills and replaced them with Christmas trees. I know they change sections of the store based on the seasons, but isn't it a little early for Christmas trees? :unsure:

IMAG0367.jpg

The michael's by me has had Christmas stuff out since June. Costco has had their stuff out for at least a month. Target just busted out a couple aisles of decor.

I have not been to a wamart in 3 years, so I dunno what those hoodlums are doing.

Unacceptable. None of this stuff should be out for November. Sheesh.

+1 Kohls by me had their stuff out last weekend or weekend before when I was there, not sure how long it's been out tho.

I grabbed picnic tables & chairs from the clearance aisles at Lowes over the weekend...they were putting up Xmas lights & decorations around me as I happily stacked my flat cart w/ $5 chairs that were $25+ each when summer began

I hate and loathe Xmas :angry::aggressive::beee:

You are not the only one... coming up on dad's 10yr anv Dec 26th from when he died.. heard one of his songs that was played at his funeral today on the radio.. which I always seem to do when I'm stressed.

Good point, Tee...I need to head to Lowe's and look for a new grill. It can sit in the basement 'til the spring.

We snagged a grill last weekend 50% off at home depot. :good:

You are not the only one... coming up on dad's 10yr anv Dec 26th from when he died.. heard one of his songs that was played at his funeral today on the radio.. which I always seem to do when I'm stressed.

Sorry for your loss...I never like Xmas..even as a kid, guess I'm just weird..Santa has always been all kinds of shady to me.. <_<

I'm sorry for your loss.

I can see places like Michaels (and other craft stores) having Xmas stuff out in the summer....I mean, many crafts take a while to do.

But Walmart and places like that? That is just plain ridiculous.

Good point, Tee...I need to head to Lowe's and look for a new grill. It can sit in the basement 'til the spring.

We snagged a grill last weekend 50% off at home depot. :good:

Word? Guess I'll head out this weekend and have myself a little look-see.

I can see places like Michaels (and other craft stores) having Xmas stuff out in the summer....I mean, many crafts take a while to do.

It's all about the money.

It's all about the money.

LOL...it isn't about my money....because I refuse to buy decorations this early in the year. (If I am making something, that is a little different)

However, I don't mind buying gifts early. I don't usually do it (because I am terrible about losing things), but my grandmother usually started Christmas shopping in April or May. She was on a fixed income so she bought gifts throughout the year so that she wouldn't have to spend a lot of money during the holidays.

Im going to stock up on white mini string lights... not for Xmas but for next summer's night time cookouts.... those things were a BLEEP to find this summer....

This will be the best Christmas in a LONG time for me because my first granbaby will be 7 months old and she will be full of energy and loving the paper and boxes. That being said I usually was done shopping by October 1st and this year I haven't even started yet. I plan to give my 18 y/o daughter and her baby my tree and decorations so their house is ready for Santa and the baby and I will buy all new stuff when it goes on clearance after Christmas. I'm super uber excited about that baby having her first Christmas though.

I didn't see any Christmas trees at the Walmart I was at today, but that could be because they were "remodeling" (basically, changing the damn store around so I couldn't find what I usually could in the places where they usually are)... UGH...

Please note that the above post was NOT made by Echo.

Honestly, I thought it was until you clarified.

I even went back to check to make sure you were correct.

:rofl::rofl: