Sign in to follow this  
teresa82

best possible card for 699 fico?

just finished college, have only walmart store card thats been open one month, some student loan accounts in good standing.

699 FICO according to the walmart free fico.

both transunion and equifax are clear of any negatives. experian is froze

1 inq each on all 3 reports.

thx

my wife who had thin credit file, applied for many cards but were denied. name a few, discover, BofA, UMB, Chase then applied for NFCU cashreward, after sending check stub and arrange Direct Deposit they approved $1k with whopping 17.9% APR then a month later she applied Citi forward card and got $4k limit.

just finished college, have only walmart store card thats been open one month, some student loan accounts in good standing.

699 FICO according to the walmart free fico.

both transunion and equifax are clear of any negatives. experian is froze

1 inq each on all 3 reports.

thx

For those starting out Capital One. All the major CC companies such as Citi, Bank of America, Chase (they might consider), Amex, Discover etc want to see more of a revolving history.

Edited by cjsmilez1

looks like capital one seems the best option. they pull all three, what will happen if my experian is frozen? deny?

If it's frozen and they need to pull it they will contact you unless the one they actually pull isn't good enough for approval. But I would lock the report you don't want them to pull.

I'd suggest starting a relationship with a credit union such as Alliant or a local CU. Alliant's rewards visa is very easy to get.

my juniper just started an AF though..so watch out for them.

What's "AF"? Additional fees? Edited by greatview

most juniper cards do not have annual fees. and some that do have AF offer higher rewards that the fee cost. ymmv.

Thanks Hegemony.

no worries :)

barclays has about 10,000 cobranded cards. I've had several of them over the years. My current card has a $29 AF but I smile all the way to the bank :)

Thanks Hegemony.

barclays has about 10,000 cobranded cards. I've had several of them over the years. My current card has a $29 AF but I smile all the way to the bank :)

best barclayscard to apply for and easiest?

most juniper cards do not have annual fees. and some that do have AF offer higher rewards that the fee cost. ymmv.

i churn my 2% hsbc to do that but this juniper just has money parked there and i pay 15% on it, i didnt mind it sooo much before but now with 49AF i'm gonna xfer to 2.9 psecu and i cant get rid of juniper because i paid 180 bucks for over 3000 in CLIs..which i never minded doing...but cant lose that 'investment' now

Thanks Hegemony.

best barclayscard to apply for and easiest?

many folks found the itunes card easy but it is also known for low limits.

I suggest you pick a cobrand that serves your needs best.

great news for me! i applied for that discover more card for students and was approved for 2k!

thx BobWang for those student cards link!

was not instant, said 5-7 days, checked status online next day approved for a Discover® Card with a credit line of $2,000.00

699 fico, 1 inq, 1 walmart card. will update creditpulls

congrats on the disc approval!

thx! can you suggest what i should do next. are these two cards enough to build my history or do i need one more card?

i will hardly ever use these cards like once a month for gas. i use cash on everything, how i survived college.

but i do want to strengthen my file. so will 2 cards suffice or one more?