How to clean up LexisNexis report?

The last post in this topic was posted 2111 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I disputed several tax liens from Lexis Nexis and I received confirmation that they were removed from all my reports. I disputed them over the phone and it took about 2 weeks

So they were removed from your LN or all your credit reports?

they removed them from the CRA's initially...then I went back and disputed them with LN...LN then removed them from all of their reports as well!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well the "LN 1-2 punch" worked! DH's PR was deleted today. Could be coinkydink, but it HAD been verified by TU 3 separate times before... One left, but we will close on the house in 6 weeks and can't

I'm sorry if I missed something. I am helping out a friend remove a bankruptcy from his credit reports. Should he be disputing the bankruptcy with LN, OR, first freeze and opt out and then dispute the bankruptcies with the credit reporting agencies? Thank you.

Jimmy.

I would opt out of LN first...then dispute the BK with the CRAs

I got my full report & I was disappointed there was nothing but addresses, my car insurance info & two requests for Chexsystems.

There were more pages of disclosure details than there was info in my file.

BUT, there were lots & lots of requests for my file from EQ.

Can you dispute old addresses, as in 20+ years old?

Yes you can do that but why would you want to?

Blake10, can you please tell us what reasons you gave LN in your dispute to have the liens removed. I recently froze LN then disputed my liens off with the CRAs, but I would like to have them removed from LN also. Thanks!

I did it over the phone. I just told the lady that I had some errors on my report that I would like removed. She asked which ones they were and I told her the 3 state tax liens. She asked which reports they were on and I told her. Then she said it will take a few weeks but they will send me a new updated report once it was done...About 2 weeks later I received all the new reports with everyone of the negatives removed...It was very easy actually

• 2 weeks later...

I opted out of LN about a month ago. I waited about two days and then disputed the one judgment I had on EQ and the two I had on TU. EQ made me wait the entire 30 days and then they deleted. TU made me wait about three weeks and then deleted. Thanks for all the help.

I opted out of LN about a month ago. I waited about two days and then disputed the one judgment I had on EQ and the two I had on TU. EQ made me wait the entire 30 days and then they deleted. TU made me wait about three weeks and then deleted. Thanks for all the help.

Ninja chop. ..LN runs deep sadly enough and CBS Verification team are lazy to say the least

Edited by mrjuggalo9er

So we received the LN packets in the mail and the postman brought them up to the door in a wheelbarrow - j/k. No point in trying to correct all of the mumbo jumbo when the end goal is to get a PR removed from all 3 CRAs. If I have read and interpreted correctly, next step is to opt of: Accurint and KnowX. Do we need to opt out for CLUE? These are all of the LN opt outs available, I think. I'm going to opt out online BUT the email ad social security number info is optional - should I provide or not? We are in California and I was going to upload the Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield breach notification as the documentation and select "other" as the reason for opting out. Good choice or not? I don't want to make this any more convoluted that it already is!

Thanks

So we received the LN packets in the mail and the postman brought them up to the door in a wheelbarrow - j/k. No point in trying to correct all of the mumbo jumbo when the end goal is to get a PR removed from all 3 CRAs. If I have read and interpreted correctly, next step is to opt of: Accurint and KnowX. Do we need to opt out for CLUE? These are all of the LN opt outs available, I think. I'm going to opt out online BUT the email ad social security number info is optional - should I provide or not? We are in California and I was going to upload the Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield breach notification as the documentation and select "other" as the reason for opting out. Good choice or not? I don't want to make this any more convoluted that it already is!

Thanks

Upload it and opt out. ..exactly the way you wrote it

I contacted LN. On the first call, the rep was obtuse and acted like she could not understand what I was referring to when I requested a security freeze. I made a second call immediately after and the rep froze my risk view reports. He said the know-x report is done via opt out. I completed that with my anthem information. Awaiting my opt out confirmation and my pin from the security freeze.

Thanks

Upload it and opt out. ..exactly the way you wrote it

When you opt out...do you receive some kind of confirmation letter?

Okay this should sum it up for everyone...I just successfully went through the process...I had 3 PR Tax Liens reporting with all 3 CRAs.

First I ordered my full file disclosure.

Then I opted out online using a police report from years ago when I had my identity stolen. (Opting Out is different then freezing. You can only freeze the reports in 4 states but all that is necessary is to opt out.)

I received a letter in the mail about a week later, confirming they were suppressing my information.

Once I received that letter I disputed with all 3 CRAs. stating similar name/not mine.

All 3 tax liens at all 3 bureaus were removed immediately.

I am pretty sure they pulled my LN reports and couldn't pull them up so they just deleted.

Any questions just ask me...Keep it simple.

I froze my Riskview (received a pin) and opted out. Received both confirmations today from LexisNexis.

I've now filed a dispute with all three bureaus as not mine person with same or similar name.

We'll see how this works. I have a tax lien on my report. Hopefully they are removed.

Here are my results to date ..... As you'll recall I had a PR tax lien.

Equifax DELETED :dance:

Experian VERIFIED :cry2:

Transunion ...Awaiting Response ... :dntknw:

I am pretty sure that Experian Verified the account as a result of a rep at Experian putting in an unrequested dispute on the account when I called in to dispute old addresses. She argued with me about one of the addresses that was tied to the lien and I told her I did not live there and the lien wasn't mine. She said do you want to dispute the lien? I said no ...And the *&^%$* put in a dispute anyway. This was before I opted out and froze LN. I am going to try to re-dispute it online.

I am pretty sure that Experian Verified the account as a result of a rep at Experian putting in an unrequested dispute on the account when I called in to dispute old addresses. She argued with me about one of the addresses that was tied to the lien and I told her I did not live there and the lien wasn't mine. She said do you want to dispute the lien? I said no ...And the *&^%$* put in a dispute anyway. This was before I opted out and froze LN. I am going to try to re-dispute it online.

Very likely tu will verify. ..you still got one deleted

Any reason why you think TU will verify .... They've had my dispute under manual review for days now. Does TU use another company other than LN? EQ is my lowest score ( school loan currently in rehab reporting 4 times) so I was happy to get some good news from them.

I don't think TU will verify. I opted out and disputed both judgments I had on TU and they were both deleted after about three weeks.

I have my fingers crossed about TU ...

Since Experian verified the account when the telephone rep put in the unrequested not mine dispute, I think I am going to dispute it next time as withdrawn. Is this a good idea? I don't want them to refuse to reinvestigate if I put in another not mine dispute.

I have my fingers crossed about TU ...

Since Experian verified the account when the telephone rep put in the unrequested not mine dispute, I think I am going to dispute it next time as withdrawn. Is this a good idea? I don't want them to refuse to reinvestigate if I put in another not mine dispute.

I'd use a different reason but I'm not sure if I would use withdrawn though. That may tell them that it was once yours.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So what exactly is the correct process here? I have a paid PR state tax lien on my report and its the ONLY baddie on my CR. Its pulling me down to low 700's.

1) Order full file disclosure

2) Opt Out/Freeze (do I have to wait before I receive my full file disclosure, or just do it a day after I order it?)

3) Wait for freeze/opt out confirmation letter and then dispute with CRAs?

Should I try disputing over the phone with LN first before freezing to see if they will remove?

Edited by joem1cha3l

Joem1cha3l I believe you have it correct except you should probably wait to receive the file as others on this thread have reported receiving blank reports if they froze it then requested the reports... Better safe than sorry. I was successful in having 4 tax liens removed this way. Now I'm planning to dispute with LN. Good luck.

Joem1cha3l I believe you have it correct except you should probably wait to receive the file as others on this thread have reported receiving blank reports if they froze it then requested the reports... Better safe than sorry. I was successful in having 4 tax liens removed this way. Now I'm planning to dispute with LN. Good luck.

Thanks C. Can I order the full file report over the phone/online or with that printable form only?

I called and requested mine. My state of GA allowed me to obtain and freeze my reports for free. Depending on your state of residency you may or may not need a police report or other proof of identity theft. GA allows me to freeze without a reason....yay lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help me confirm or deny this info here?

I called into LN and requested a freeze. They told me its processed and I will receive a pin in the mail. My goal is to dispute a public record on two bureaus. Is this "freeze" enough dispute with the CRA's so they won't be verified?

I don't have the documentation to "opt-out".

The last post in this topic was posted 2111 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.