Sign in to follow this  
jeff1964

Got some luv from Alliant....Woo Hoo!!!!

Last week, app'd for the NFCU cashrewards VISA....denied!!!...reconned...denied!!! I then thought I'd just keep trying...I app'd for the nRewards VISA ....denied!!!..reconned...denied.....Did however get an approval for the navCHEK LOC for $3500 after adding the DW to the app (she was denied for CC's too) !!!! Thought that was weird no CC, but LOC. I know it's a different department, but oh well I'll take it....

So I finally was able to get my application for membership to Alliant completed last week after having to fax my SS card twice. I couldn't finish it online and was hoping to get a preapproval offer.....SOOOO last night, I decided to just do it myself....so I applied for the standard VISA and only put $1500 as the limit. I got the "someone will be in touch with you result". I was thinking it was just a nice way of getting denied. I got an email this morning from a CSR that said to call in regards to my application. i was thinking they were gonna just tell me to try their secured program or flat out deny me. Well to my surprise, the rep told me that it looks like they could APPROVE me!!!!!! :yahoo: I just have to fax 2 pay stubs and an employment letter on Monday and it's done.!!!!

I was pretty shocked after what I had read about them and what's in the Creditpulls... My EQ FICO right now is 621, I have a unpaid judgement that is about to fall off. A 2 yr old paid tax lien. An educational collection that has been re-aged that is 2 years old and a medical collection for $189 that is 4 years old. I have LOTS of new credit and my UTI is around 21%....

Guess they were in a giving mood today!!!! Lucky me!!!!!

:yahoo::clapping::yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Last week, app'd for the NFCU cashrewards VISA....denied!!!...reconned...denied!!! I then thought I'd just keep trying...I app'd for the nRewards VISA ....denied!!!..reconned...denied.....Did however get an approval for the navCHEK LOC for $3500 after adding the DW to the app (she was denied for CC's too) !!!! Thought that was weird no CC, but LOC. I know it's a different department, but oh well I'll take it....

So I finally was able to get my application for membership to Alliant completed last week after having to fax my SS card twice. I couldn't finish it online and was hoping to get a preapproval offer.....SOOOO last night, I decided to just do it myself....so I applied for the standard VISA and only put $1500 as the limit. I got the "someone will be in touch with you result". I was thinking it was just a nice way of getting denied. I got an email this morning from a CSR that said to call in regards to my application. i was thinking they were gonna just tell me to try their secured program or flat out deny me. Well to my surprise, the rep told me that it looks like they could APPROVE me!!!!!! :yahoo: I just have to fax 2 pay stubs and an employment letter on Monday and it's done.!!!!

I was pretty shocked after what I had read about them and what's in the Creditpulls... My EQ FICO right now is 621, I have a unpaid judgement that is about to fall off. A 2 yr old paid tax lien. An educational collection that has been re-aged that is 2 years old and a medical collection for $189 that is 4 years old. I have LOTS of new credit and my UTI is around 21%....

Awesome. Congrats! If you don't mind me asking what kind of limit did they give?

Awesome. Congrats! If you don't mind me asking what kind of limit did they give?

I only asked for $1500 because I didn't want to push it given my FICO of 621 AND the DTI would probably be close.... the rep I've been talking to is VERY nice and has been helpful....just want to get my foot in the door with their credit products and and hopefully let it grow.....I've been impressed so far with their service.......

I only asked for $1500 because I didn't want to push it given my FICO of 621 AND the DTI would probably be close.... the rep I've been talking to is VERY nice and has been helpful....just want to get my foot in the door with their credit products and and hopefully let it grow.....I've been impressed so far with their service.......

Cool! I cancelled my app with them as I wanted to apply for credit but they pull 1 for membership and 1 for credit cards. Don't want an extra inquiry.

Congrats! FWIU a rather unusual profile to lead to an approval for Alliant cc, good going clapping.gif

Thank guys!!! That's what I thought too!!!! BTW the educational collection has been deleted thanks to a sternly worded DV follow-up letter about the contract they sent me with the year blacked out....YAY ME!!!! I finally got my employment letter today and am faxing all the info to them tomorrow...so let's hope they are not just messing with me....:grin: