Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Idaho Liquor Stores

The last post in this topic was posted 3295 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

All the sudden, the Idaho Liquor stores are asking for ID for credit cards. I just tried to buy some coconut rum at the one on Vista, and the cashier rang it up, took my card, then asked if it was credit or debit. When I responded credit, only then did he ask for ID. I'm over 40, so I asked him why he needed it. He confimed that it was for using a CC and said he had no way of knowing it was my card without seeing ID. He said it's company policy to ask with credit cards, but then when I told him it was against MC/Visa policy, he tried to worm his way out of it saying he didn't know how old I was LOL. So maybe it's not company policy and he's a rogue cashier??? I tried to reassure him it wasn't his fault, that he was only following company policy and that I'd let MC/Visa know so they could alert his corporate office. He got very defensive and said customers aren't allowed in the store without ID and blathered on about something. Very defensive for a guy who thought he was following company policy.

Someone else did say they were asked at the Overland/Orchard store, so maybe it really is a change in corporate policy.

I'm going to have to phone the complaint in because I still can't get either Visa or MC online forms to work either in IE or in Firefox. Anyone else having problems with them?

hmmm I doubt its related but today at Wendys the lady in front of me paid with a credit card. They asked to see her ID, she made a little fuss and then produced it. I went ahead and grabbed some cash because I didn't want to argue with that cashier.:aggressive:

hmmm I doubt its related but today at Wendys the lady in front of me paid with a credit card. They asked to see her ID, she made a little fuss and then produced it. I went ahead and grabbed some cash because I didn't want to argue with that cashier.:aggressive:

I carry the reporting phone numbers with me in case I see another customer getting upset about it. Give it to them and let them know they can report it.

I try not to argue or even explain unless the cashier asks why. Because the cashier usually doesn't have anything to do with it, they're just following instructions from their manager. And the manager is usually following instructions from corporate. They just want to keep their jobs and usually couldn't change the policy even if they wanted to. In this case, I wanted to make 100% sure it was about the CC, and not checking my age since it was a liquor purchase. I was also curious if it was company policy, because I've used my credit card at various ILS's for years and haven't been asked for ID till today.

Even tho you used cash, you should consider reporting that Wendy's. They did deter your intention to use a credit card, and that's exactly why Visa/MC has this policy - to ensure their customers feel comfortable and welcome using their CC.

Edited by waterlili

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    RMillers123
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines