Sign in to follow this  
brianmcw09

HSBC went on a closing spree on my accounts today lol

My BBRZ is still open as well, the only time it gets swiped nowadays is when I end up in some very sketchy places :grin:

I read that a lot of accounts are being closed. I've had my Orchard ($320 limit) for about 8 months with a score of 547. Not sure what the criteria is. I'm wondering if they're closing those with better credit, though. I also read that a couple people paid theirs in full and it was immediately closed the next day. Mine was untouched as of this morning with a balance of 180.00. They will be getting double the minimum for the next couple months. I'll keep the payment history moving forward, of course. However, if they're going to close it, I'll max out the payment history on that sucker for about a year and then pay it off.

just curious, whats the limit on your suncoast card and your inputed income for the application? I'm a member and have been thinking about getting one.

I logged on to my HSBC accounts to make a payment today (2x BBRZ and 1x Sears Solutions Mastercard) and it looks like HSBC decided to close all 3 accounts. Figured I'd give you all heads up in case HSBC may be on a closing spree again.

I'll be giving them a call in a bit and I'll let you guys know what I find out.

They actually increased my limit yesterday which they could have kept. 200 bucks...really HSBC? And after 3 years with 1 x 30 Day late. I'm never using the card again anyway.

My orchard is still open...with a bonus $200 CLI

They just did the same for me! But they really could have kept it. Had the card for 3 years and I get 200 bucks? I was a pretty heavy user with the card and paid it off monthly. I'm charging gum on this card from now on.

Both my BBRZ and HSBC cards are still open. If they're closing people for new accounts or INQs though, I could be next.

I'm hoping CapOne will CLI the stupid $300 BBRZ card because honestly otherwise its first on my chopping block anyhow.

They refuse to increase my BBRZ and I've had the thing for 3 years. It's on the chopping block for November before I am hit with the ridiculous 59.00 monthly fee with a measly $300 CL

I got a CLD from $1,000 to $305. I just checked my Fico and it's 731. I have a car loan refinance and a AU account addition in the last 30 days. This RZMC was already my crappiest credit card. They couldn't tell me over the phone why I got it, just that I would have to wait for a letter. My utilization is under 1%. I'm so tempted to close this thing but I use it for the rare occasions that I shop at BB.

Guest SoFLi-ne

My BBRZ is still open, no closure and no surprise CLI yet, pluued CLI trigger last week and call cut off before they could tell me "CLI denied" or "7 to 10 day" message. I have since made a purchase on the card and paid it in full.

:dntknw:

My wife just applied and was given 600.00 limit and no AF. Card has not arrived in mail yet. She applied in April 11 and was denied. I do not get the complete randomness of their approvals and CLI. I was approved in Apr 11 for 1500.00 limit. Just checked still open. I pay in full every month and was charged 39.00 AF. I have accumulated about sixty bucks in BB rewards, one expires this month. Are all the BBRZ mastercards going to Cap 1?

More and More I am reading HSBC is cld's bbrzcc accounts what the h... is going on with this bank, they have cld my account also very huge amount and what makes me so mad they decrease it so much without notice with a balance on the account totally pretty much maxing it out, jepodizing your credit score, this bank is just on a cld spree right now and handling it very poorly just right before getting sold to Cap 1, just poor customer relations/communications with this bank