Sign in to follow this  
deluxmary2000

We need an official "Tinkerbell Half" thread

So... three weeks until we plan the next adventure?

THREE WEEKS!!! A still knows nothing.

Next adventure? :huh:

Seattle? San Fran? Wine and Dine? Take your pick... :lol:

PS. I managed to peer pressure L into running Seattle with us. NOW YOU HAVE TWO PEOPLE TO RUN WITH YOU FOR YOUR FIRST MARATHON!!! :D

As an aside. This is gonna be an AWESOME year. And with all my races on the west coast I should totally just move there.

L is running the full!??!!? :yahoo:

Please move! Say yes!!

So... three weeks until we plan the next adventure?

THREE WEEKS!!! A still knows nothing.

Next adventure? :huh:

Seattle? San Fran? Wine and Dine? Take your pick... :lol:

PS. I managed to peer pressure L into running Seattle with us. NOW YOU HAVE TWO PEOPLE TO RUN WITH YOU FOR YOUR FIRST MARATHON!!! :D

As an aside. This is gonna be an AWESOME year. And with all my races on the west coast I should totally just move there.

L is running the full!??!!? :yahoo:

Please move! Say yes!!

Yes. The full. It's going to be 26.2 miles of... awesome. :D

Wherever an awesome job is, that's where I am... Wherever that may be.

Is she gonna "run" it with us?!

PS, My fingers are crossed for Wherever=Irvine. :lol:

Is she gonna "run" it with us?!

PS, My fingers are crossed for Wherever=Irvine. :lol:

YES!! She is "running' with us. Will be AWESOME. And you will have your own personal photographer (me) to document all the awesome-ness of your first marathon. Out of the 6 marathons I've run, I did FOUR by myself. TWO were in other countries. Well, three, if you count Texas :rofl:

L is not a Tough Chik so maybe we save that for San Fran??

Fab.

I am dying for those new skirts. And race legs. :mellow:

I was at the Houston Marathon expo yesterday and I saw the disney booth. I thought of y'all when I was playing with the medals. Those thing are cool, I wish y'all the best.

Side note, I hadn't seriously considered the SF marathon until when I went by their booth. That would be so cool to run over the golden gate bridge. Hmmm....

I was at the Houston Marathon expo yesterday and I saw the disney booth. I thought of y'all when I was playing with the medals. Those thing are cool, I wish y'all the best.

Side note, I hadn't seriously considered the SF marathon until when I went by their booth. That would be so cool to run over the golden gate bridge. Hmmm....

Giraffy and I are running SF marathon. I think it'll be awesome. I wanted to run Houston this year...

A couple friends of mine are at Houston this morning watching the trials.

And what squirrel said, we are running San Fran!!

Eta: I saw some dude who did a photo essay of the course in SF, it looks rad. I'm super excited.

Edited by giraffy

A couple friends of mine are at Houston this morning watching the trials.

And what squirrel said, we are running San Fran!!

Eta: I saw some dude who did a photo essay of the course in SF, it looks rad. I'm super excited.

I actually had people trying to talk me OUT of running San Fran. WTH?? I know it is not an easy course, but um, hello, like I do stuff because it's "easy." I think it will be one of the best courses I've ever run and I'm pretty excited about it.

:dance::dance:

So... quick, last-minute training question.

I kind of want to skip my long run this weekend... Is that a bad idea? I did a 10-mile run 2 weeks ago, then was supposed to do an 11-mile last weekend but stopped a little after 9 because my exploded-tendon ankle started hurting pretty badly around mile 6. It still kind of hurts, but nothing too terrible.

Anyway, was supposed to run 11 tomorrow, but I think I may choose to just rest up for next weekend and do an easy 3 or 4... is that a good idea or bad idea? :dntknw:

ps - costume is complete. Except, it has to be reworked because I thought it would be warmer in California. Just checked the weather and it is looking like temps in the high FORTIES. Seriously... W.T.F?! If I wanted to run in temps below 60 I would stay on the east coast. That gets three side-eyes. :glare::glare::glare:

:rofl:

It's definitely going to be chilly. Maybe bring some throwaways. I can grab an extra fleece blanket for you, too, if you want.

So, in this instance, because we're specifically planning to run for fun, and will be run/walk/cartwheeling, I'll say if you recently did 10, and feel like you need a lower mileage week, take it. It'll just be a two week taper, nbd. You'll be fine to finish, and you'll have too much fun to notice if the running sucks.

IMO.

This time tomorrow, I will be on a plane. :dance::dance:

Have I mentioned I hate flying? <_<

And, I have a 3 HOUR layover in Denver <_<<_<<_<

Are you wearing your sparkles to the expo!? :rofl:

You bet your sparkly flowers I am!!

Hopefully I get to spend some time there. I won't be leaving my mom's house until about 3:30, and she said she's about 45 minutes away from Disney which doesn't leave me much time for packet pickup and expo'ing.

You bet your sparkly flowers I am!!

Hopefully I get to spend some time there. I won't be leaving my mom's house until about 3:30, and she said she's about 45 minutes away from Disney which doesn't leave me much time for packet pickup and expo'ing.

I might be as excited for the expo as I am the race. Make sure you print out your waivers before you go, so you can save some time.

Hey, so remember how we ran a 3:20 half marathon?

tink1.jpg

That was fun. :mellow:

Wine and Dine registration opens March 13th.......

Hey, so remember how we ran a 3:20 half marathon?

tink1.jpg

That was fun. :mellow:

Wine and Dine registration opens March 13th.......

Oh look!! It's us NOT RUNNING. :good:

That picture cracks me up - :rofl: I mean, I know I'm pretty tall, but posing next to a line of 5'1" chicks really exacerbates it. It's like we're the Kardashian sisters... and I'm Kloe.

I will only do wine/dine if LB is there to balance out the fun-size people. :lol:

(Seriously, I'm going to look into it. DH will not be pleased, but I'm leaning towards not caring).