Sign in to follow this  
deluxmary2000

We need an official "Tinkerbell Half" thread

I ran 4 miles yesterday, and to quote giraffy, it was "magical". Ankle didn't hurt at all, and I felt like I could have gone farther/faster.

I may be back in business. :yahoo:

That's fantastic!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

I ran 14-ish yesterday and I think my brain forgets to work while I'm running. That's the only logical explanation for why I didn't just round up to 15. :unsure:

Or the other logical explanation could be that you were TIRED after running a ridiculous distance. Dork.

By the way, I may need you to take a look at my training plan for me. I got it from runnersworld.com, but it seems messed up. It has me doing all of my Sunday long runs at a 12-12.5 minute pace, and some speedwork at a 10-10.5 minute pace. Then for raceday, it inexplicably shows me running the 13 miles in 2:16 (an average pace of 10:24). How the hell is that supposed to happen if all my long run days are so much slower? :blink:

Or the other logical explanation could be that you were TIRED after running a ridiculous distance. Dork.

By the way, I may need you to take a look at my training plan for me. I got it from runnersworld.com, but it seems messed up. It has me doing all of my Sunday long runs at a 12-12.5 minute pace, and some speedwork at a 10-10.5 minute pace. Then for raceday, it inexplicably shows me running the 13 miles in 2:16 (an average pace of 10:24). How the hell is that supposed to happen if all my long run days are so much slower? :blink:

1. I wasn't THAT tired. I was okay. I could have done a couple more miles. It's like my brain saw 13.1, and was like, Yep. You're done now. :lol:

2. I'd LOVE to. I'm a sucker for training plans. Do you have my email?

6-mile long run yesterday.... KILLED. IT. :yahoo::yahoo:

(But Jan 29th is approaching pretty damn fast. :mellow: )

:yahoo:

Dude. SO fast. Cannot wait.

:rofl::rofl:

DD is excited for California :wub:

You're brave. I never, ever tell my kids when we're going somewhere. :rofl:

I think Squirrel and I talked about doing Disneyland Friday? Maybe Saturday? I can't remember.

Did you register the kid for the kids races??

:rofl::rofl:

DD is excited for California :wub:

You're brave. I never, ever tell my kids when we're going somewhere. :rofl:

I think Squirrel and I talked about doing Disneyland Friday? Maybe Saturday? I can't remember.

Did you register the kid for the kids races??

No, because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to steal her away from Grandma for that long :lol:

But we may come watch. I still need to work out pretty much every single detail of the trip. I'm slacking :lol:

:rofl:

My younger two, and Squirrel's A are all doing the kids stuff...

I've got big plans to pillage the expo as soon as it opens. I need to locate a Coast to Coast shirt...

Why am I never invited to any of these CB get-togethers???? :unsure:

I wanted to, but Snork said you weren't welcome. :unsure:

So I ran 6 miles yesterday (on the treadmill because it was yucky out - ugh)... and it was pretty hard. I mean, I wasn't DYING or anything, but I certainly couldn't have gone another 7 :wacko:

I am starting to get a little nervous about this. BUT... I bought a kick-flowers pair of pirate socks, so that should help, right? :lol::lol:

LB and Mini have been awfully quiet lately. You two still in?

Bah. Don't worry about it. Sometimes, runs just suck. Pirate socks ALWAYS make things better. Duh.

I haven't heard from them either. :unsure:

ugh.

I have tried several times and I can tolerate the pain in my knee up to maybe 3-4 miles. It's bearable. But. The next day, my knee absolutely kills me. Going down the stairs in the morning to make coffee about knocks me on my butt. As the day goes it kind of loosens up. And if I take a few days off, then it's about 80% better. So I don't know what I am going to do. Then of course, my team-mate had surgery last month so we're a sad lot.

1. Did you guys see the race weekend program was released?! You should have gotten an email... but link HERE.

2. Are travel plans set? We need to plan dinner!!

3. SIX WEEKS!!

I'm attempting a run tonight. Dear lord, let The Shin not hurt... I am feeling stabbier than usual... :unsure:

1. Did you guys see the race weekend program was released?! You should have gotten an email... but link HERE.

2. Are travel plans set? We need to plan dinner!!

3. SIX WEEKS!!

I'm attempting a run tonight. Dear lord, let The Shin not hurt... I am feeling stabbier than usual... :unsure:

1. Got it :clapping:

2. YES. :dance: Tentative plan is as follows:

Arrive LATE Thursday night.

Friday with the family

Saturday maybe take the kid to Disney for packet pickup and to troll around the park if it's not too crowded.

Staying in a hotel Saturday night (TBD).

Race day Sunday!! Mom has DD for the whole day, so I'm free for lunch or dinner afterwards.

Monday with the family.

Fly home Tuesday.

3 - :swoon: I am so not ready. I mean, I did an 8-mile run on Sunday and only stopped to walk once (for about 30 seconds). But I almost died. :lol: Not sure how I'm going to do 13.1 in 6 weeks.

Tell T.S. to stop being such a wench!

Snork, did you sign up Shady for the diaper dash? :unsure:

You down for a carb-load dinner Saturday night?? and brunch Sunday. Duh.

I am REALLY panicky that I won't be ready. Maybe you and I can run/walk/take pictures/be fools together. :unsure:

Pretty sure Snork is boycotting all things Disney. :lol:

Three weeks from now, we'll be done! :yahoo:

:dance::dance::dance:

So excited!!

I did 10 miles yesterday. And although it kind of sucked, and it took me longer than it should have, I DID IT. And I didn't die. So that means there's about a 50/50 chance I will survive Tinkerbell :lol:

Holy crap - 3 weeks? I need to get working on my costume. Team Sparkle was sold out of black Sparkle skirts. :(

And I never saw your last post - sorry. I'm definitely in for brunch on Sunday, and possibly dinner Saturday depending on what time. And I'm also definitely in for taking pictures/acting like fools :rofl:

Edited by deluxmary2000

I have a black if you want to use it!

I did 10 yesterday too. I didn't die, so I guess it could have been worse.

So... three weeks until we plan the next adventure?

THREE WEEKS!!! A still knows nothing.

Next adventure? :huh:

Seattle? San Fran? Wine and Dine? Take your pick... :lol:

So... three weeks until we plan the next adventure?

THREE WEEKS!!! A still knows nothing.

Next adventure? :huh:

Seattle? San Fran? Wine and Dine? Take your pick... :lol:

PS. I managed to peer pressure L into running Seattle with us. NOW YOU HAVE TWO PEOPLE TO RUN WITH YOU FOR YOUR FIRST MARATHON!!! :D

As an aside. This is gonna be an AWESOME year. And with all my races on the west coast I should totally just move there.