Sign in to follow this  
deluxmary2000

We need an official "Tinkerbell Half" thread

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Cannot wait!!

A is coming, right??

Did we figure out hotels yet?

Yes, A is coming! I think Ladybug was working on hotels... (right?)

Cannot wait!!

A is coming, right??

Yes! Remind me when I get home to get back with you guys about this?

Cannot wait!!

A is coming, right??

Yes! Remind me when I get home to get back with you guys about this?

Squirrel and I will just need a room for the night before the race.

So I am going to "try" running tonight after being on my flowers for 5 weeks with a torn ankle tendon and ligament, followed by a week of strep throat-induced fever.

Pray for me. :mellow:

So I am going to "try" running tonight after being on my flowers for 5 weeks with a torn ankle tendon and ligament, followed by a week of strep throat-induced fever.

It will be awesome. :yahoo: :yahoo:

That's a lie, it will probably suck. But what WON'T suck is getting it done ;).

I ran.. and it didn't suck!!! :dance:

Granted, I only did 2 miles at a slow pace to start, but my ankle seems pretty happy. Maybe it is trying to make up for being such a douche the past 5 weeks.

I ran.. and it didn't suck!!! :dance:

Granted, I only did 2 miles at a slow pace to start, but my ankle seems pretty happy. Maybe it is trying to make up for being such a douche the past 5 weeks.

YAY!!!

My foot feels better. I'll look at the 5K next week, but you guys needs to remind me on Thursday to do that and hotels, k?

My foot feels better. I'll look at the 5K next week, but you guys needs to remind me on Thursday to do that and hotels, k?

I really think you could pull off the half.

Really.

But I will remind you about the hotel.

SG and I have already begun planning Wine and Dine for autumn 2012. :unsure:

Really.

Ditto. I'm starting over from essentially zero this week, and I'm still planning on doing it. Somehow... :mellow:

Maybe check out the Galloway method, run/walk. I do it for every long training run, and it's glorious, and so far (aside from the possibly broken shin...), no injuries.

Honestly, if you're ever going to do a race for fun, it'll be this one. I'll even run (or walk) with you. I've done it before. :mellow:

I'll try, for real. Only other problem is that I'm out again for surgery in late November. Regardless, I'm there - even if I'm just cheering you guys on.

I tried running again the other day and my knee hurt kinda during but the next day was pissed at me. I am thinking one of those neoprene type things? I know I should see a sports med doctor but with just starting a new job I don't want to ask for time off. I am afraid January will come too soon!

Really.

Are you chicks serious???!!!!!!! What about me?? :cry2:

Really.

Are you chicks serious???!!!!!!! What about me?? :cry2:

Why you crying?! Come run wine and dine with us!

I tried running again the other day and my knee hurt kinda during but the next day was pissed at me. I am thinking one of those neoprene type things? I know I should see a sports med doctor but with just starting a new job I don't want to ask for time off. I am afraid January will come too soon!

Mine would do that before I got fitted for good running shoes. Have you been to a running store and had them recommend shoes based on your stride and how you land on your feet?

Mine would do that before I got fitted for good running shoes. Have you been to a running store and had them recommend shoes based on your stride and how you land on your feet?

I should probably do that. I do have good shoes (Brooks) but maybe they are not right for me?

I should probably do that. I do have good shoes (Brooks) but maybe they are not right for me?

I only know that when I got fitted, she picked out a specific pair of Brooks based on what she saw when she watched me run. And it made a huge difference. Can't hurt, fittings are generally free.

I ran 4 miles yesterday, and to quote giraffy, it was "magical". Ankle didn't hurt at all, and I felt like I could have gone farther/faster.

I may be back in business. :yahoo:

I ran 4 miles yesterday, and to quote giraffy, it was "magical". Ankle didn't hurt at all, and I felt like I could have gone farther/faster.

I may be back in business. :yahoo:

That's fantastic!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

I ran 14-ish yesterday and I think my brain forgets to work while I'm running. That's the only logical explanation for why I didn't just round up to 15. :unsure: