Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

We need an official "Tinkerbell Half" thread

The last post in this topic was posted 3214 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Team Sparkle is fantastic, right?!?!?

I think they'll be at the ling beach expo. I sense danger....:unsure:

My gold skirt was actually the first non Nike/Adidas running skirt I ever bought. I had it like 8 months before I wore it for the first time (Vegas RnR last year). I actually bought that BEFORE Runningskirts... only reason I gave them a try was because I was trying to find something in yellow to match my Half Fantatics top...

PS.

I plan on posting a skirt pic on FB or Twitter now that my dresser is too full and I have to hang them up. I fear.

#2 and #3 are registered for the kid races. :yahoo:

Gonna be so fun! Do you think #2 and A will actually race or will they just poke around being weird and creepy. :dntknw:

Put the BFF's together? I'm betting on weird and creepy.

What color sparkle skirt should I get #2? they've obviously got to be matchy matchy.

Put the BFF's together? I'm betting on weird and creepy.

What color sparkle skirt should I get #2? they've obviously got to be matchy matchy.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Team Sparkle about the special ordering... she already has the pink and turquoise, any other color in youth is special order, but on the special order page you can't order anything smaller than adult XS... are you running with them this weekend?

A would pretty much wear any color, let #2 pick!

My Achilles is toast. Tendinosis, I'm sure. I see the podiatrist on Monday morning. Bleah.

Dude. I don't even want to say it out loud, but I'm 89% sure I've got a tibial stress fracture. That is down a little from 98% last night. :unsure:

SG, I'll let her look tonight. Are you asking about the Team Sparkle run we talked about on twitter?? That one is in October sometime. Fingers crossed!

Edited by giraffy

My Achilles is toast. Tendinosis, I'm sure. I see the podiatrist on Monday morning. Bleah.

Dude. I don't even want to say it out loud, but I'm 89% sure I've got a tibial stress fracture. That is down a little from 98% last night. :unsure:

SG, I'll let her look tonight. Are you asking about the Team Sparkle run we talked about on twitter?? That one is in October sometime. Fingers crossed!

Yikes - good luck tomorrow and let us know what you find out!

FWIW, I finally went and saw a podiatrist about my ankle sprain because it wasn't getting better (still can't walk on it - still swollen and blue), and he said based on the severity of the sprain it would probably be 8 WEEKS before I can START running again. :angry::angry:

Dammit, dammit, dammit. This really messes up my Tinkerbell goal. My new goal will have to just be to finish it. sigh.

Yikes - good luck tomorrow and let us know what you find out!

FWIW, I finally went and saw a podiatrist about my ankle sprain because it wasn't getting better (still can't walk on it - still swollen and blue), and he said based on the severity of the sprain it would probably be 8 WEEKS before I can START running again. :angry::angry:

Dammit, dammit, dammit. This really messes up my Tinkerbell goal. My new goal will have to just be to finish it. sigh.

Wait - I just re-read that and realized LB has the achilles problem. LB - good luck tomorrow. Giraffy, are you going to a doc? Team Tinkerbell is falling to pieces.. :(

I'm holding off, for now. Partly because I want to see if I can self-treat instead of spending a jillion dollars on mri's. And, partly because I don't want to hear if it is. I might still run long beach. :unsure:

I've been taping, and compression wrapping, and icing, and elevating, and not running, and it seems better? Ish? :dntknw:

8 weeks? :(. Honestly, if ever there was a race to just plan on finishing? It's a Disney race. Don't worry about a time goal :)

I'm possibly seconds away from death.

Aka, half marathon today almost killed me.

Lots of hills? Too hot? I hope you are ok? Please take care of yourself.

In other news, my doctor told me to stop running unless I want a knee replacement. However, I am going to proceed like he is foolish and try again on Tuesday. My knee is feeling a lot better.

Hot. I wilt in the sun. Blah.

If you're intent on continuing running, I would talk to another dr, probably a sports med who has worked with runners.

Hot. I wilt in the sun. Blah.

If you're intent on continuing running, I would talk to another dr, probably a sports med who has worked with runners.

Oh no, I do not like hot, either. For running, anyway.

I want to continue running. I think it will be easier when I lose more weight. I agree with your suggestion, too.

So I forget if I provided an update, but my stupid ankle is still in a stupid walking boot.

Turns out I tore two ligaments (one was a 75% tear, the other 100%) and one tendon (100% tear).

They originally told me I would need surgery and would be on crutches for 8 weeks. :angry: But after really taking a LOOK at the MRI (rather than just reading the stupid hospital report :glare: ), the doc says no surgery. 2 more weeks in boot, then 2 weeks of wearing a brace full-time and working on rehabiliation, THEN I can MAYBE start running again. <_<

So last week I was sad because I thought I definitely had to drop my Tinkerbell plans, but now it's looking... well, maybe possible again. :wub:

LB - how's the injury?

Giraffy - how was your half? Besides hot?

mini - definitely get a second opinion!

You'll be FINE for tink. :D

Effing race in the effing sun. I'm still pissed about it.

Eta: it was a good race. Well organized. Nice course. It's certainly not the races fault that it was 80*, no shade, and relentlessly sunny. No ones fault but my own that I refuse to train in the heat. I really can't complain. I did better in worse conditions than I did at my last real race (in may).

I still hate the sun. Effing sun.

Edited by giraffy

I'm still having a lot of trouble with the foot. I've had to actually start taking painkillers now, when I wasn't before. So I am going to go back and have it checked out again, I think. I haven't been able to do anything at the gym except for the bike and it sucks.

I hope the tears heal quickly and properly, DM!

Ack. Hope everyone will be able to run! All these injuries...

As an aside. I'm exhausted. Running a marathon 2 weeks after running a 50 miler? Not advisable. I can hardly walk.

I can't imagine why you're exhausted. Makes no sense... :mellow:

Shockingly, I feel great today. I think I'll try a short run tomorrow morning.

The rest of you fools need to tell your bodies to heal. :lol:

I can't imagine why you're exhausted. Makes no sense... :mellow:

Shockingly, I feel great today. I think I'll try a short run tomorrow morning.

The rest of you fools need to tell your bodies to heal. :lol:

Sigh. You know I'll be on the treadmill tomorrow. Three weekends of double half marathons coming up... and then FINALLY break from racing. One half mid November then NOTHING until NY Double...

The last post in this topic was posted 3214 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.