Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

We need an official "Tinkerbell Half" thread

The last post in this topic was posted 3101 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Niiiiiice. Small arms fire. :rofl:

I have a boring 10k in a week. You know. Flat course on the Huntington beach boardwalk. Oceanside. Nothing too interesting. :mellow:

I have a new race strategy I'm gonna try out. :ph34r:

New strategy? Intrigued.

I have nothing this weekend but my LSD. Only 13 miles this week. Next week is the Bismarck half in North Dakota and then my STUPID STUPID STUPID 50 miler the week after that. Then back to "normal."

I blinked at that. Cause you know that's also a hallucinogenic. :rofl:

Since it's only a 10k, I'm going to do my speedwork during my race.

Why not? What could go wrong? :mellow:

Actually could work pretty well... my speedwork INCLUDING RI is usually faster than everything but the crazy tempos...

Mini, I'm currently mildly obsessed with relays..... :lol:

Since it's only a 10k, I'm going to do my speedwork during my race.

Why not? What could go wrong? :mellow:

Actually could work pretty well... my speedwork INCLUDING RI is usually faster than everything but the crazy tempos...

YES!! Me too. How bad could it be, really. I think I'm gunning for .... 1:02? Ish? :unsure:

So I had my 10K Mud Run today.... after that nonsense I'm pretty sure Tinkerbell will be a breeze (even though it's twice as far). :lol:

The Good:

- They had water stations every 1/2 mile.

- I went with a HUGE group (~40 people), so lots of fun and encouragement along the way.

- It was at a military base, so lots of uniformed eye candy :grin:

The Bad:

- It was HUMID. Had trouble breathing in the first mile before I got used to it.

The Ugly:

- Oh lordy, some of the obstacles were gross. There were parts were you were wading through swamp that was waist-high, with STUFF that you couldn't see wrapping around your legs and tripping you. I saw a dead frog in the water. :swoon:

- While climbing up a huge "mud mountain", the guy in front of me wiped out and fell back into me, wiping me out as well (and getting mud in my MOUTH).

- The crazy ba$tards that I went with thought it was a good idea to do mudslide and tequila shots immediately after the race rather than drinking... ummmm... WATER. Who does that?! And why did I join them?!

So I had my 10K Mud Run today.... after that nonsense I'm pretty sure Tinkerbell will be a breeze (even though it's twice as far). :lol:

The Good:

- They had water stations every 1/2 mile.

- I went with a HUGE group (~40 people), so lots of fun and encouragement along the way.

- It was at a military base, so lots of uniformed eye candy :grin:

The Bad:

- It was HUMID. Had trouble breathing in the first mile before I got used to it.

The Ugly:

- Oh lordy, some of the obstacles were gross. There were parts were you were wading through swamp that was waist-high, with STUFF that you couldn't see wrapping around your legs and tripping you. I saw a dead frog in the water. :swoon:

- While climbing up a huge "mud mountain", the guy in front of me wiped out and fell back into me, wiping me out as well (and getting mud in my MOUTH).

- The crazy ba$tards that I went with thought it was a good idea to do mudslide and tequila shots immediately after the race rather than drinking... ummmm... WATER. Who does that?! And why did I join them?!

Oh. DH did a 10k mud run today.

I forgot, am I getting rooms for us? I just need to know how many we need to I can see what's available for us as a mil rate.

:yu:

I *sorta* remember telling SG that we'd room together, but I *sorta* remember a lot of things wrong these days LOL. We can get a couple of adjoining rooms, yes? It will be AWESOME.

I *sorta* remember telling SG that we'd room together, but I *sorta* remember a lot of things wrong these days LOL. We can get a couple of adjoining rooms, yes? It will be AWESOME.

I'll have A, but I share a bed with her when we travel. Anyone who doesn't mind a 5 year old in the room :D (Actually, she will be 6 by then). Anyway, I'm into CHEAP... I'll probably be there Friday and Saturday night. I sorta hope Giraffy's super awesome H will hang out with A again on race day :wub:

I have no clue if/what/when/how I might have said anything. I get confused and don't write stuff down :(

I'll have A, but I share a bed with her when we travel. Anyone who doesn't mind a 5 year old in the room :D (Actually, she will be 6 by then). Anyway, I'm into CHEAP... I'll probably be there Friday and Saturday night. I sorta hope Giraffy's super awesome H will hang out with A again on race day :wub:

I have no clue if/what/when/how I might have said anything. I get confused and don't write stuff down :(

Story of my life. For real.

I do not mind sharing a room with you and A, at all. Or however we work it out in the end. I'm hoping to be there Friday and Sat nights as well, and head home on Sunday. So I guess the question falls to mini and dm, as to who is coming with family in tow and wants to be left alone, KWIM? We'll work it all out :)

Um. Yes. I think a slumber party is already being plotted. :wub:

YES!!! A keeps asking when she can have another one. I already had to say that the only friends of hers I like are too far away. :rofl:

I haven't thought it through that much yet, but tentative plan is to arrive Thursday and stay w/ my Mom Thursday/Friday night. Then get a room Saturday night near Disney BY MYSELF (and by "by myself" I mean no DH or DD - I'd be willing to share if anyone needs a roomie :lol: )

:lol: the only friends you like. :rofl:

DM, yes! You should stay sans kid and H. Genius. Plus, it was SO great staying close to the start. So much better than at princess.

I have to call tomorrow about something else, so I'll see what they can do for us for two rooms. We'll add if we need to, depending on mini.

I just got my babysitter squared away, so all I need to do is get my air stuff and rental car stuff worked out. And I'm good. SG, you and A can carpool with me, if you want. If giraffy or Mr. giraffy is unavailable at the time.

I will be coming with my 4 year old, who is not calm, husband and maybe MIL. I doubt anyone wants to share a room with this group :lol:

But. Does anyone have a recommendation for rooms? The Howard Johnson looked ok and somewhat reasonable? And somewhat close? Plus, I think they said free parking.

So are we all definitely doing costumes? I'm having second thoughts about mine...

The plan was to go as Captain Hook (in keeping with the Tinkerbell theme, but with not having to wear wings). I realized that I had no idea what Captain Hook looked like, and when I googled him he looks like this:

Captain_Hook.png

Which is not really what I had in mind (this):

pirate.jpg

I mean, I already have a striped tank, and cute striped pirate socks were practically ordered, but now I'm doubting my theme. Because the pirate costume I had planned really looks nothing like captain hook.

Am I overthinking this? Should I just go as a pirate (relevancy be damned!) or switch to a princess theme? :dntknw::dntknw:

(ps - all this costume planning is distracting me from actually TRAINING for the run - :lol: )

The last post in this topic was posted 3101 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.