Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

We need an official "Tinkerbell Half" thread

The last post in this topic was posted 3151 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Ok.

So. The Disneyland half was today. And I decided, since my "A" race is next month, I'd run it as a fun run with some friends of mine.

I had THE BEST TIME. But man, had I realized that this chick was gonna walk for 8 miles? I don't know that I would have chosen that :lol: it took us forEVER.

But so much fun.

Ok.

So. The Disneyland half was today. And I decided, since my "A" race is next month, I'd run it as a fun run with some friends of mine.

I had THE BEST TIME. But man, had I realized that this chick was gonna walk for 8 miles? I don't know that I would have chosen that :lol: it took us forEVER.

But so much fun.

I am glad you had fun!! I didn't know they would let you walk that much?! Do you know if it's the same course as Tinkerbell?

Ok.

But so much fun.

I am going to try my hardest NOT to be that chick, but no guarantees. I FULLY expect to get left behind if I am, though :rofl:

Ok.

But so much fun.

I am going to try my hardest NOT to be that chick, but no guarantees. I FULLY expect to get left behind if I am, though :rofl:

I will be there with you :lol:

1. The Jeff Galloway training plans are up for Tinker Bell! Jeff does a strictly run/walk program - I saw him running the 5K Saturday, and he was in the lead pack using his run/walk method ;). Link HERE. I peeked at it, and it looks good!

2. The walking. We started in corral C, around 6:30. RunDisney has a pretty strict 16-min mile pace requirement, BUT the clock doesn't start until the last person passes the start line. There were at least 4 corral's behind us, each starting 5-10 minutes later than the one before it, so we had a LOT of cushion. We ended at something like a 16:50 average pace. So, YES, we finished well over the 3:30 time limit, but because we had a head start, we weren't in danger of getting swept. If that makes sense. :lol:

2a. This is why I suggest running a 10K, so you can submit proof of time and possibly get bumped up a couple corrals. If you're at all concerned about being swept, a buffer can help ease your mind.

3. I knew this chick raced slower than I did, and that her and our friend were already planning on it being a "fun run" for them. I just really didn't consider that she is a notoriously weak stomached racer. I thought we'd at least run/walk the entire course, but turns out, not so much. And it's okay, it was a total blast. Just, had I known that it was going to be over 3 hours of walking a half marathon, I might have reconsidered. But that would have kind of sucked because then I wouldn't have had so much fun. :lol:

4. THE TINK MEDAL IS ENORMOUS!

45842888.jpg

It's seriously the size of my palm, and HEAVY. I spied it at the expo. Can't wait to add it to the collection.

That does make sense. I just thought that if they saw you at any time "pacing" under 16, they would sweep you. I feel better about it now, that you explained. I am going to try to find a 10k in Oct. or Nov. There are 5ks every weekend but not as many 10ks!

Is it like on the freeway where if you are slower, you stay to the right? I don't know running etiquette!

I love the tinkerbell medal!! And I am glad you guys had so much fun!

1. The Jeff Galloway training plans are up for Tinker Bell! Jeff does a strictly run/walk program - I saw him running the 5K Saturday, and he was in the lead pack using his run/walk method ;). Link HERE. I peeked at it, and it looks good!

I read this last night and I didn't get it. And I thought that it was because it was 230 in the morning. Nope, it's because I'm stupid :wacko:

I need a new medal hanger. I think I'll get one specifically for the Disney medals. You know. Since we've already planned on getting 6 (or 7.....) more. :mellow:

I need a new medal hanger. I think I'll get one specifically for the Disney medals. You know. Since we've already planned on getting 6 (or 7.....) more. :mellow:

I was already thinking that A is going to need one... Also, my mom mentioned that she should totally get a C2C one too. I should design her a certificate or something.

So I have a race tomorrow that I'm running with some friends. It's 10K, which is a completely doable distance, but it's also a mud/obstacle run. I'm a little nervous (here is the obstacle list from their website), and can't help but wonder what the hell I was thinking. :swoon:

Obstacle 1 Hurdles 600 yards beyond the start

Obstacle 2 Low Crawl I – mud filled low crawl pit 80 ft wide and 60 ft long with 10 ft hills on each side

Obstacle 3 Dragon Teeth – series of two each 6 ft tall, 48 ft long triangular obstacles runners go over

Obstacle 4 Swamp Drop – approximately 100 yards through naturally occurring swamp; Nasty! :o:o

Obstacle 5 Duck and Jump – ¼ mile section of trail where runners jump over or duck under various

obstacles

Obstacle 6 Hop Bottom – runners navigate their way through a forested swamp land

Obstacle 7 Marsh Madness – approximately 200 yards through naturally occurring swamp; more Nasty! :(

Obstacle 8 Life’s a Ditch – located in a 500 ft X 500ft, 20 ft deep gravel pit. Water, up and downs, it’s all

there

Obstacle 9 Hamburger Hill – off the tank trail and down an embankment, then back up it

Obstacle 10 Ambush Area – propane cannon and small arms fire, smoke grenades (WTF? :wacko: )

Obstacle 11 Heartbreak Ridge – steep 12 ft rope climb up a wooden obstacle

Obstacle 12 Water Cross – cross the shallow end of Duck Pond (<-- guessing "duck pond" has lots of duck poop)

Obstacle 13 Mud Mountain – 20 ft tall hill with mud on each side

* Obstacle 14 The Pits – series of 3 ft deep trenches with mud mounds on each side totaling about 100 ft long

* Obstacle 15 Low Crawl II -- mud filled low crawl pit 30 ft wide and 60 ft long with 10 ft hills on each side

Obstacle 16 Steeple Chase – series of 4 barriers to hurdle with mud on the drop down side

Obstacle 17 Climb over wall – A 6 ft wall surrounded by mud and a “climb under” wall on each side

Niiiiiice. Small arms fire. :rofl:

I have a boring 10k in a week. You know. Flat course on the Huntington beach boardwalk. Oceanside. Nothing too interesting. :mellow:

I have a new race strategy I'm gonna try out. :ph34r:

Niiiiiice. Small arms fire. :rofl:

I have a boring 10k in a week. You know. Flat course on the Huntington beach boardwalk. Oceanside. Nothing too interesting. :mellow:

I have a new race strategy I'm gonna try out. :ph34r:

New strategy? Intrigued.

I have nothing this weekend but my LSD. Only 13 miles this week. Next week is the Bismarck half in North Dakota and then my STUPID STUPID STUPID 50 miler the week after that. Then back to "normal."

Since it's only a 10k, I'm going to do my speedwork during my race.

Why not? What could go wrong? :mellow:

Edited by giraffy

Obstacle 2 Low Crawl I – mud filled low crawl pit 80 ft wide and 60 ft long with 10 ft hills on each side

Obstacle 4 Swamp Drop – approximately 100 yards through naturally occurring swamp; Nasty! :o:o

Obstacle 6 Hop Bottom – runners navigate their way through a forested swamp land

Obstacle 7 Marsh Madness – approximately 200 yards through naturally occurring swamp; more Nasty! :(

No. Just...no.

Obstacle 10 Ambush Area – propane cannon and small arms fire, smoke grenades (WTF? :wacko: )

WTF!? They are going to shoot at you? That is one way to get the group going.

I don't run. Not even if I am being chased. And this has just validated that decision.

The last post in this topic was posted 3151 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.