Sky Blue Credit

The last post in this topic was posted 3715 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So I'm thinking of hiring a company to work on my credit situation..I've come across this website that listed the top ten best credit repair companies..sky blue credit was on there..anybody have experience with them or feedback? I couldn't find any negative press on them..thanks in advance

Why is it that every day now someone with a low post count asks the same question about another CRO? Sky Blue is a JOKE. Look at their site. Honestly, for $49 a month what can they REALLY do that you can not? They will just enter your neg accounts into a generic letter and send it off. The other day it was eCredit something...today Sky Blue....Lexington.....all jokes

Do it yourself is the best. That way you will learn more about credit and know how to manage in the future. There are countless ressources on CB. And members here are willing to help. It takes alittle bit of courage and time to make it happen. Those companies will just take your money and might not produce results.

No one worth his salt on the credit boards will reccomend a credit repair agency. The reasons are many, but it basically comes down to this: They take your money and don't do a good job. You can do it yourself and far better with just some research and reading. This is a self help website.

Why is it that every day now someone with a low post count asks the same question about another CRO? Sky Blue is a JOKE. Look at their site. Honestly, for $49 a month what can they REALLY do that you can not? They will just enter your neg accounts into a generic letter and send it off. The other day it was eCredit something...today Sky Blue....Lexington.....all jokes

Even more troubling is the join date of 2009....

OP, how hard would you work for $49/mo (minus expenses they probably see $10 profit)? I wouldn't work at all for that little compensation.

your sig is very impressive, johnny.

now, lets be fair folks. :) as we all know, the credit repair process can be somewhat overwhelming, frustrating, full of rejection, tedious, at times time consuming and in some cases down right scary for the beginner. I agree with you all, but the notion that someone may seek "professional" assistance with the tasks at hand isn't outlandish IMO. lol

OP, you've been a member since '09. did you try any of the abundant techniques/methods found here before? if so, what were your results? I agree wholeheartedly that taking care of these issues yourself will yield better results, a useful education and a sense of satisfaction that WILL NOT be attained otherwise. again, what issues are you facing? I doubt its anything that plenty of CBers have not faced and/or could provide invaluable assistance. any firm offering such assistance will be given the thumbs down here and as Punsher stated, the reasons are many.

$49 a month leave little profit...I was spending 5 times that a month just on postage. So, that leads one to believe that they are investing about 6 sheets of paper, 3 stamps and 3 envelopes on your credit each month. OP - you have been a member since 09...well over 2 years....so what have you done? If you have been reading here for 2 years you are probably more educated then skyblue.

I must say I didn't expect to get flamed for a question...it is overwhelming to try and tackle my credit issue..I've been pretty much lurking the boards for the past two years reading success stories..but I've pretty much disposed the notion of the credit assistance companies and decided to do sOme research on my own and tackle it myself..so be ready folks for some more questions

:aggressive: Sky blue is indeed a JOKE!! I know from experience as I just fired them! I signed up last October to get some help with cleaning up after my BK. They removed a couple items but NOTHINg major and the items they got removed was like personal information or wrong address. I promptly requested that they honor their money back guarantee. They had the audacity to try to negotiate. I was like ooooh no, I want ALL of my money, PERIOD! They credited back my account over $500 dollars. They had to do it in $49 dollar increments and a couple lump's of $150 but it all went back to my card 3 days after I requested my money. I will be cleaning up my own reports myself from this point on!

I must say I didn't expect to get flamed for a question...it is overwhelming to try and tackle my credit issue..I've been pretty much lurking the boards for the past two years reading success stories..but I've pretty much disposed the notion of the credit assistance companies and decided to do sOme research on my own and tackle it myself..so be ready folks for some more questions

That's what we like to hear around here! :aggressive:

I didn't mean to flame you at all with my previous post, just found that a member since 2009 has not seen one thread about hiring a CRO. When I started my repair I was intimidated by filling out the CMRRR postage, lol. Even if you do a terrible job at repairing your credit, you still did a better job than 99% of the CROs.

Good luck.

The last post in this topic was posted 3715 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.