Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Leo

Current rules status?

Any of these rules still current?

No ID required: Still in effect.

No minimum purchase: Now allowed, but what amount?

No maximum purchase: Still in effect.

Zero-Percent tip: Still in effect.

Uncle Leo.

I thought a rule was written into the durbin debit card amendment that allows a merchant to check ID for both Credit & Debit cards. I been told that by a couple of merchants. It may have been removed before the law was passed.

Uncle Leo.

I thought a rule was written into the durbin debit card amendment that allows a merchant to check ID for both Credit & Debit cards. I been told that by a couple of merchants. It may have been removed before the law was passed.

Merchant was never disallowed from REQUESTING an ID, but many are too stupid to realize that request is different from require.

They can request, but contractually prohibited from refusing service for not showing ID _UNLESS_ the ID requirement isn't for credit card, such as when someone looks 20 and is trying to buy alcohol.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. JessieLyn
      JessieLyn
    2. LalaPed
      LalaPed
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mekarobinson
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines