Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Where to begin again shopping for mortgage

The last post in this topic was posted 3465 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello all, I have been working on my credit for a few months and got tons of help trhough this board. I had previously applied for a mortgage through my credit union and an independent broker and was denied by both and told I need to clean up my credit.

Last time I pulled my scores from identity guard they were

Equifax 660

Transunion 652

Experian 702

I think that this should possibly imrpove my chances as before my score was below 600.

What should be my next step? Where should I consider looking for a lender that I won't risk pulling my score and then not getting approved yet having a hard pull yet again.

One last caveat is that I do have a 2 year old charge off from Chase that although paid with the collections is not reflecting correctly and I have not been succesfull in getting that off. The collections agency is not on my report.

Thanks for any advice.

I would start by actually pulling up your scores through MyFico, sounds like from others users Identity Guard is a FAKO score which can be anwhere between 50~150 point difference from your FICOs. Although through MyFICO you will only be able to get Equifax and TransUnion since Experian can only be received lenders of through the PSECU credit cunion once a month.

The reason I say this is that way you know where you stand and don't waste your time as well as add additional inquiries to your cred reports.

Why were you denied before? If it was credit and that has been fixed you should be able to get approved - The collection will need to be documented as paid or you run the risk of an underwriter asking for it to be paid - they can only go by whats on the credit unless you can prove it otherwise.

B

Thanks for the advice.

I just pulled myFico scores and they are

TransUnion - 680

Equifax - 666

Pretty close to identity guard and credit karma, but still different.

Is this good enough to get a mortgage at this point? Should I try?

Previously I was denied because i did have issues on my report that I have significantly cleaned up.

Anialw;

A 650 credit score alone should not be enough to have your loan denied. Chances are that you have an underlying issue which is preventing you from qualifying. I would recommend investigating a little further.

Anialw;

A 650 credit score alone should not be enough to have your loan denied. Chances are that you have an underlying issue which is preventing you from qualifying. I would recommend investigating a little further.

That was not my credit score when I applied, however it is now. I do not have another issue as I by now know all the intimitae details of my report by heart.

My previous score was below 620.

The last post in this topic was posted 3465 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.