Sign in to follow this  
BobWang

The Master Credit Cards that Report Mid-Cycle Midcycle or Before Statements Close Thread

If there is a place I can upload it then you can just download the one I made. It has utilization, payment dates, total utilization...etc :) I just don't know how to share it here...any suggestions?

Ask Mom for permission.

Then send it to her.

She'll look over it to make sure it's appropriate.

Then she'll put a link to it in your post of choice.

There is one in the Sticky's (that no one ever reads :P )

That the one I use. :good:

If there is a place I can upload it then you can just download the one I made. It has utilization, payment dates, total utilization...etc :) I just don't know how to share it here...any suggestions?

I think a good place to upload it, let's say sharing a file.. Hmmmm. Let me doublecheck that.

And thanks, EnC! :)

Oh, oh, we may have a successor. ;)

I FEAR THERE MAY BE A COUPLE BEFORE THIS DAYS OVER :wacko:

WALMART STOLE FROM ME

j/k, we miss George. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/ :good:

I would love to explore the use of spreadsheets. Could be the tool I have been missing. I have, up until now, been hesitant to PIF, and all sorts of other flaws.

I think this spreadsheet EnC speaks of will help!

Joesph, I just looked at the one BDK mentioned and its MUCH better than mine, in fact....I think I'll switch. I'd recommend downloading that one, mine has worked great for me but that one is better for sure :)

Joesph, I just looked at the one BDK mentioned and its MUCH better than mine, in fact....I think I'll switch. I'd recommend downloading that one, mine has worked great for me but that one is better for sure :)

MANY THANKS to NYRFan for that!!! :wub:

I've been using this since almost my first day on CB and oh, what a help it has been!!

+2

I started using NYRFan's spreadsheet almost as soon as I found CB too. I've modified and tweaked it to fit my own needs, but it's a great model to start with.

Some suggested tweaks:

delete all the columns you will never use

record reporting dates to each CRA instead of Y/N

add column for CRA pulled

add "days since last use" column; conditionally highlight to turn red after n days so you don't forget sock drawered cards

add average age of open accounts

add average and/or median credit limits

conditionally highlight ages of accounts (I use red = <6 months, orange = <12 months, yellow = <24 months, green = >24 months)

Edit: someday I will learn to spell. :P

Edited by Occam

MANY THANKS to NYRFan for that!!! :wub:

I've been using this since almost my first day on CB and oh, what a help it has been!!

Thanks, all!! But I have the setting where I turned off lookign at people's signatures. Some of them really got annoying.

Can someone post up the URL for me, please? :) *I will downlaod it, use it, and get to know it! It will ultimately be helpful! :yahoo:

Oh, and thank you, everyone! :good:

I would like to in advance thank anyone that can post up the URL for that "better" spreadsheet EnC and BDK were talking about.

BDK, now I'm thinking that maybe all the mid-cycle GECRB reports may be suspect. :P

FINALLY!!! :rolleyes::P :P

(MAYBE I NEED TO START TYPING ALL IN CAPS) B):lol:

My Walmart, Lowes and Amazon store cards all reported the balances as of 4/29/13. Until now, they had reported the balances as of the statement date. Anyone else experience this? Is there something that triggers this?

Edited by jobiggs

BDK, now I'm thinking that maybe all the mid-cycle GECRB reports may be suspect. :P

My Walmart, Lowes and Amazon store cards all reported the balances as of 4/29/13. Until now, they had reported the balances as of the statement date. Anyone else experience this? Is there something that triggers this?

When was your last statement date?

When was your last statement date?

Walmart was 4/22, Amazon was 4/13 and Lowes was 4/3 :sorry:

Do they usually go back to reporting after statement cuts or continue to report randomly?

Anyone else have this happen? Had an alert show up a few days ago saying that DCU reported a $4,500 balance. Thought this was a little weird since they don't usually report until the last day of the month, for me.

FWIW, frontline CSR confirmed that they report last day of the month balance.

Note: AmEx is often one billing cycle behind in reporting balances.

Cards that report mid-cycle

Ameriprise (Barclays)

Bank of America

Barclays

Capital One (Personal & Business)

Capital One Union Plus (Day before statement close on TU)

Dell

DCU (Last day of month)

(Discover)

Elan

(GECRB)

HSBC

Lexus

Macy's

Sam's Club

UMB

US Bank

WFNB

( ) = May now be reporting statement closing balance

Reporting days of Cards (CRA, # days after)

*Barclay's (EQ 2-5, EX 2-3, TU 4-7)

Cabela's (WFB) (EQ 2-3, EX 3, TU 5)

Cap 1 (EQ 2-3, EX 2-3, TU 4-5)

Citi (EQ 2, EX 1, TU 3)

Discover (EQ 3, EX 6, TU 6)

GEMB (EQ 1-3, EX 2-3, TU 2-6)

**HSBC (EQ 2, EX 1-3, TU 4)

Merrick (EQ 1-4, EX 1, TU 2-5)

NASA Visa (EQ 16-25, EX 2-22, TU 2-92) (I conclude NASA reports at random dates)

State Farm (EQ 2, EX 4, TU 6)

UMB (TU 0)

* has reported mid-cycle instead of closing balance once

** used to report mid-cycle, now always reports closing balance

Balance Transfer Reporting Times:

Chase (BT 3-5 days)

Kohls (BT 1 day)

Target (BT 1 day)