Sign in to follow this  
BobWang

The Master Credit Cards that Report Mid-Cycle Midcycle or Before Statements Close Thread

This is the first time I've seen this thread. I didn't know about the mid-cycle updates....that's just terrible, IMO. Just when I think I understand things I become aware of another variable.

Trust no one! This is why I pay off all my cards literally the same day if not the day after my purchases. Not only does it give me a better knowledge of where I am financially at any given moment, it helps not hurt as much paying 100 bucks 5 times a month instead of showing a big 500 payment at one time (I trick myself lol), but also because I've been caught with mid cycle reports one too many times on important occasions. When I was trying to buy a house and thought I had all my ducks in a row, stupid credit card reported a high balance from a week before.

I would think by now you would KNOW the reporting dates of each and everyone of your cards by now! Need some help with that??

>Yeah, I'd taken poor GECRB off the naughty list too. :D

Why would you put them ON there? Like I've been trying to say for a LONG time now, GECRB has been the most reliable End-of-Cycle creditors I have!! :dntknw:

Naw, it was back in the day, I know my cards like the back of my hands now. But thank you :)

Joseph, if the balance reported is your statement balance, it's correct reporting, not mid-cycle.

What balance was reported?

The same balance; $548.71. That was the total of my charges.

But, the timing of it, Bob. i not got even one statement, and a 10-day billing period? Does that not suggest mid-cycle?

No, it does not. You are very [un]lucky to even have a balance report on your first statement. USUALLY, GECRB reports so quickly after approval that you couldn't even get a charge to report on the first statement.

But if I PIF (the statement showed up two days after the balance reported) then I will be OK???

The way to have a $0 balance report with an End-of-Cycle reporting CC is to actually have a $0 balance on the SAME DATE as statement closing.

These are my statement closing dates.

ge_zpsfe57fc03.jpg

So I need to have it PIF before then to be good?

And you are saying it DIDN'T mid-cycle report?

Edited by rslifkin

BDK, now I'm thinking that maybe all the mid-cycle GECRB reports may be suspect. :P

BDK, now I'm thinking that maybe all the mid-cycle GECRB reports may be suspect. :P

FINALLY!!! :rolleyes::P :P

(MAYBE I NEED TO START TYPING ALL IN CAPS) B):lol:

Joseph, as BDK has been saying, this is End-Of-Cycle, Statement-Close correct reporting.

Yes, you need to pay BEFORE statement closing cut-off time/date to have it be reflected in reporting.

^^ aw the account number, I took that one out, btw.

SIGH :D

LONG LIVE GEORGE

SOME OF MAY REMEMBER GEORGE

_+/1 111 POINTS OR MORE

:crazy:

WE USED OT LOVE TO READ POSTS FROM GEORGE

:wacko:

ge_zpsfe57fc03.jpg

lol :dance::yu::yes2::yahoo:

I LOVE GEORGE

LOL

<-------------------------------------------------

And in red, like George. I always pictured him screaming in every one of his posts. What ever happened to him anyways, he just disappeared one day and didn't come back

ge_zpsfe57fc03.jpg

>

lol :dance::yu::yes2::yahoo:

GEORGE :)

And in red, like George. I always pictured him screaming in every one of his posts. What ever happened to him anyways, he just disappeared one day and didn't come back

THEY SAY GEORGE (WHO ALWAYS USED TO TALK LIKE THIS) JUST GOT SICK OF EVERYBODY ONE DAY AND NEVER CAME BACK

WE LOVE GEORGE! :lol:

:wacko: <-- HE ALWAYS USED TO PUT THAT ONE

Joseph, as BDK has been saying, this is End-Of-Cycle, Statement-Close correct reporting.

Yes, you need to pay BEFORE statement closing cut-off time/date to have it be reflected in reporting.

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES.... :yahoo:

Eh, nevermind...replied to a comment that wasn't for me :D

Edited by EnC_Plus3

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES.... :yahoo:

*sigh* I hope they mail my statement in time next time. :(

VIVA LA GEORGE!!! :yahoo:

This is the first time I've seen this thread. I didn't know about the mid-cycle updates....that's just terrible, IMO. Just when I think I understand things I become aware of another variable.

Trust no one! This is why I pay off all my cards literally the same day if not the day after my purchases. Not only does it give me a better knowledge of where I am financially at any given moment, it helps not hurt as much paying 100 bucks 5 times a month instead of showing a big 500 payment at one time (I trick myself lol), but also because I've been caught with mid cycle reports one too many times on important occasions. When I was trying to buy a house and thought I had all my ducks in a row, stupid credit card reported a high balance from a week before.

I would think by now you would KNOW the reporting dates of each and everyone of your cards by now! Need some help with that??

I have a spread sheet w/all my payment dates, due dates, cra update dates..etc. I've kept track of every update to credit for the past 9 months lol. I've got that covered. My point in the initial comment was just that it kinda came as a surprise to me that some creditors report mid-cycle. I've never had an update that didn't match up with a statement (a few day delay between statement and CRA updates)...it's all been consistent.

Hey EnC, can you tell me how to make a spreadsheet? Those things always mystified me, but maybe it could be helpful! :)

Oh, oh, we may have a successor. ;)

NOBODY CAN BE A SUCCESSOR TO GEORGE :wacko:

;)

Relax!! Very few creditors even do this. :D

It is rare but it can be inconvenient because it is random.

For example, Barclays only did this to me once. But they did it just before a carefully planned app spree, and it changed the number of accounts reporting balances from 1 to 2. :angry:

It's just not fair, after all the work we put into gaming the system. :P

Oh, oh, we may have a successor. ;)

I FEAR THERE MAY BE A COUPLE BEFORE THIS DAYS OVER :wacko:

If there is a place I can upload it then you can just download the one I made. It has utilization, payment dates, total utilization...etc :) I just don't know how to share it here...any suggestions?