Sign in to follow this  
BobWang

The Master Credit Cards that Report Mid-Cycle Midcycle or Before Statements Close Thread

Thank you all for the information on Amazon, mid-cycle billing, and the payment address. I was not aware GECRB did this and I'm happy to be aware of this now.

How many days different does it report?

It's really variable, most of the mid-cycle reporters seem to do End-Of-Month reporting.

The list is just issuers who have been reported to do mid-cycle.

They may not do it to everyone, and may have even stopped mid-cycle reporting.

I just noticed a quirk about the Amazon store card payment address, it starts with GECRB, and not Amazon.

GECRB/Amazon (Store Card)
PO Box 960013
Orlando, FL 32896-0013

Ameriprise Financial Card Services

PO Box 37693
Philadelphia, PA 19101-0693

Bank of America
PO Box 851001
Dallas, TX 75285-1001

Capital One Bank (USA), N.A.
PO Box 60599
City of Industry, CA 91716-0599

GECRB/Amazon (Store Card)
PO Box 960013
Orlando, FL 32896-0013

Lexus Financial Services
PO Box 790069
St. Louis, MO 63179-0069

Sam’s Club Discover/GECRB
PO Box 960016
Orlando, FL 32896-0016

UMB Card Services
PO Box 219736
Kansas, City, MO 64121-9736

Walmart/GECRB (Store Card)
PO Box 530927
Atlanta, GA 30353-0927

Walmart Discover/GECRB
PO Box 960024
Orlando, FL 32896-0024

Wells Fargo Payment Remittance Center
PO Box 54349
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0349

When I got my Walmart Discover card they gave a choice of first week, last week, or middle of the month for billing. I chose the first. I haven't yet had a balance report to CRAs having paid the first statement as soon as it cut. I intend to charge near the max (800) for test purposes.

Be careful, Amazon.com GECRB Amazon.com store card holders: Amazon.com reports mid-month! Even before you have a chance to pay it.

BobWang, on 22 Apr 2013 - 13:02, said:

Joseph, can you do me a favor, and post the payment address for your Amazon store account in the mid-cycle thread?

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=471527&page=4&do=findComment&comment=4839201

This way, other members who receive this card can immediately set up push payments,

without having to call or wait for 1st statement.

DSCN0634_zps6c527d20.jpg

Reporting mid-month is not the same as mid-cycle. What is your statement date?

Be careful, Amazon.com GECRB Amazon.com store card holders: Amazon.com reports mid-month! Even before you have a chance to pay it.

BobWang, on 22 Apr 2013 - 13:02, said:

Joseph, can you do me a favor, and post the payment address for your Amazon store account in the mid-cycle thread?

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=471527&page=4&do=findComment&comment=4839201

This way, other members who receive this card can immediately set up push payments,

without having to call or wait for 1st statement.

DSCN0634_zps6c527d20.jpg

My payment due date is 5/10/2013. And how long ago did I open this card? VERY recently..

My payment due date is 5/10/2013. And how long ago did I open this card? VERY recently..

That's not what I'm asking Joe. What does this say - Last Statement Date :

That's not what I'm asking Joe. What does this say - Last Statement Date :

"Last Statement Date" ... (looking)

I may need to look at the paper ABOVE the piece I mail back. Let me go get that..

So, if the reported balance is the same as the Statement Balance of $548.71,

this is correct End-Of-Cycle reporting.

Exactly as I suspected. This is NOT mid-cycle reporting.

How? :huh:

Think about it: I got my card like 10 days ago, didn't even see the first thing, and my balance popped up!

Joseph, if the balance reported is your statement balance, it's correct reporting, not mid-cycle.

What balance was reported?

This is the first time I've seen this thread. I didn't know about the mid-cycle updates....that's just terrible, IMO. Just when I think I understand things I become aware of another variable.

Joseph, if the balance reported is your statement balance, it's correct reporting, not mid-cycle.

The same balance; $548.71. That was the total of my charges.

But, the timing of it, Bob. i not got even one statement, and a 10-day billing period? Does that not suggest mid-cycle?

Exactly as I suspected. This is NOT mid-cycle reporting.

How? :huh:

Think about it: I got my card like 10 days ago, didn't even see the first thing, and my balance popped up!

Like Bob says, if the balance reported is the same as the balance reported on your statement closing date, that is called End-Of-Cycle reporting. Which is perfectly normal for most creditors INCLUDING GECRB.

This is the first time I've seen this thread. I didn't know about the mid-cycle updates....that's just terrible, IMO. Just when I think I understand things I become aware of another variable.

Trust no one! This is why I pay off all my cards literally the same day if not the day after my purchases. Not only does it give me a better knowledge of where I am financially at any given moment, it helps not hurt as much paying 100 bucks 5 times a month instead of showing a big 500 payment at one time (I trick myself lol), but also because I've been caught with mid cycle reports one too many times on important occasions. When I was trying to buy a house and thought I had all my ducks in a row, stupid credit card reported a high balance from a week before.

Relax!! Very few creditors even do this. :D

But, the timing of it, Bob. i not got even one statement, and a 10-day billing period? Does that not suggest mid-cycle?

No, it does not. You are very [un]lucky to even have a balance report on your first statement. USUALLY, GECRB reports so quickly after approval that you couldn't even get a charge to report on the first statement.

I'm not really concerned, just feel that its a bit messed up for creditors to do. I only have 2 cards with balances and in reality if they did the mid-cycle updates that'd be in my favor. I pay the day I get a new statement. My reporting balance on both cards is much higher than actual balance. The part that bothers me is more that as soon as I feel I understand a good amount about credit... things change or at least my knowledge of things changes.

Don't get discouraged EnC_Plus3, it's a continual learning process for all of us, but you're doing great. You already have an 'Influence' in your name, that's an accomplishment on its own (except if it's preceeded by 'Spoiled')

Edited by Rebuilding2010

And remember that "Mid-Cycle" is a catchall phrase,

meaning NOT Statement Balance.

Trust no one! This is why I pay off all my cards literally the same day if not the day after my purchases. Not only does it give me a better knowledge of where I am financially at any given moment, it helps not hurt as much paying 100 bucks 5 times a month instead of showing a big 500 payment at one time (I trick myself lol), but also because I've been caught with mid cycle reports one too many times on important occasions. When I was trying to buy a house and thought I had all my ducks in a row, stupid credit card reported a high balance from a week before.

I would think by now you would KNOW the reporting dates of each and everyone of your cards by now! Need some help with that??

Yeah, I'd taken poor GECRB off the naughty list too. :D

Why would you put them ON there? Like I've been trying to say for a LONG time now, GECRB has been the most reliable End-of-Cycle creditors I have!! :dntknw:

No, it does not. You are very [un]lucky to even have a balance report on your first statement. USUALLY, GECRB reports so quickly after approval that you couldn't even get a charge to report on the first statement.

But if I PIF (the statement showed up two days after the balance reported) then I will be OK???

I'm not really concerned, just feel that its a bit messed up for creditors to do. I only have 2 cards with balances and in reality if they did the mid-cycle updates that'd be in my favor. I pay the day I get a new statement. My reporting balance on both cards is much higher than actual balance. The part that bothers me is more that as soon as I feel I understand a good amount about credit... things change or at least my knowledge of things changes.

Such is the game, EnC! :)