Sign in to follow this  
BobWang

The Master Credit Cards that Report Mid-Cycle Midcycle or Before Statements Close Thread

On my Discovery account:

10/20/2014: Statement closes with activity, but $0 balance.

11/20/2014: Statement cycle ends with no activity, no statement generated.

12/20/2014: Statement cycle ends with no posted activity, no statement generated.

12/20/2014: Made one $2 purchase, posts 12/21/2014.

12/23/2014: $2 balance reports on CCMP (may have reported anytime between 12/21 and 12/23... the oldest archived report is dated 12/23).

01/20/2015: Statement cycle ends. $2 "Small Balance Credit" posts, statement generated with $0 balance.

01/21/2015: Reports to CCMP as $0.

1/26/2015: Made one ~$2 purchase. We'll see if they update my credit reports with a balance again when the charge posts...

On my Discovery account:

12/20/2014: Statement cycle ends with no posted activity, no statement generated.

12/23/2014: $2 balance reports on CCMP (may have reported anytime between 12/21 and 12/23... the oldest archived report is dated 12/23).

01/20/2015: Statement cycle ends. $2 "Small Balance Credit" posts, statement generated with $0 balance.

1/26/2015: Made one ~$2 purchase. We'll see if they update my credit reports with a balance again when the charge posts...

1/28/2015: Transaction has posted. Discovery continues to report at $0.

On my Discovery account:

1/26/2015: Made one <$2 purchase. We'll see if they update my credit reports with a balance again when the charge posts...

1/29/2015: Discovery continues to report at $0. Let's see if they do an EOM update.

Had a $4k balance on chase card for a few months, paid it off and chase immediately updated CR with 0 balance (almost 3 weeks before statement cuts).

Don't know if that's normal or just a reach around by chase but there it is lol.

FIA just reported mid cycle for me for a CLI.

Ended up showing relatively high util on the account as well.

BofA/FIA ALWAYS reports when they give you a CLI, product change etc.

Don't know if that's normal or just a reach around by chase but there it is lol.

Not normal at all.

Totally normal for Chase. Anytime you PIF they immediately report a $0 balance to the CRA's mid-cycle...one of the coolest things about Chase IMO

IIRC even when you add an AU.

Not normal at all.

For Chase, it is normal.

I guess I am not normal then.

Not normal at all.

For Chase, it is normal.

I guess I am not normal then.

:dntknw:

can't help you there ...

can't help you there ...

What I meant was my AARP card I would payoff 15-20/mo and it did not report mid-cycle.

can't help you there ...

What I meant was my AARP card I would payoff 15-20/mo and it did not report mid-cycle.

You have to pay it off completely, to $0.

It will report that mid-cycle.

I would max the CL and pay off completely 15-20 times a month. Maybe I it was reporting and I just didn't notice (or care). I will defer to the experts on this.

New account also. Applied/received Chase and BOA on same day. BOA reported immediately, Chase has yet to report.

On my Discovery account:

1/26/2015: Made one <$2 purchase. We'll see if they update my credit reports with a balance again when the charge posts...

1/29/2015: Discovery continues to report at $0. Let's see if they do an EOM update.

2/1/2015: Discovery continues to report at $0.

Not normal at all.

Totally normal for Chase. Anytime you PIF they immediately report a $0 balance to the CRA's mid-cycle...one of the coolest things about Chase IMO

Absolutely correct. But it has to be a statement close balance that reported to be specific. And after PIF that any time during the cycle, yes they will re-report a $0 balance. :good:

Blech. So probably the only cards of mine that might report my midcycle PIFs I just sent are Cap1 & Chase? Merrick, Target & BBRZMC will all wait until their cycle dates? :(

Edited by dansamy

On my Discovery account:

2/1/2015: Discovery continues to report at $0.

2/6/2015: Discovery continues to report at $0, despite the $1.99 balance on my account that's been there since 1/26.

Maybe they don't report balances mid-cycle if they're under $2.

On the other side of the coin, I was carrying a large (92%) balance on the Disc IT card for awhile due to money troubles and just paid it to zero. I called them to REQUEST a mid cycle report and within 30 seconds the agent said "No problem at all, I put that request through and it should report in 24-72 hours." I also tried with the following and all said no:

NFCU

Sync- Walmart and PP

Cap1 QS

First Progress

I will report back if/when Disc shows 0 balance.

I know this is older thread, but still RELEVANT and since it was listed under Master of Master Masters Thread, I thought I'd add my 2 cents :blush2:

Chase reported $0 balance after PIF mid-cycle for me (Yay :grin: )

So far BofA has not reported CLI approved a week ago. They report at statement closing first week of month. So just waiting on that.

AMEX after PIF did not update until usual statement closing.

Is there any way to get Citi to report mid-cycle?

I have a large balance that I paid off, and I'd like to see it reported earlier than a month from now.

Would changing the statement date work?