Sign in to follow this  
BobWang

The Master Credit Cards that Report Mid-Cycle Midcycle or Before Statements Close Thread

Anyone know for sure if FIA Amex and BOA have fully integrated reporting systems..or does FIA kinda do their own thing?

I'm asking because I read you can get new reporting to the bureaus by updating your address/phone number on your online profile. Wondering if it still works for BOA..and if it would work for FIA.

Interesting. I just missed the cutoff for paying my B of A card to $0 before the statement cycle ended... yesterday! DOH!

Maybe I can still pay it to $0, wait a couple of days, and then change the address to our other one... Maybe that would kill two birds with one stone.. I still can't get Equifax to add our new address to my file. Maybe a FOURTH card reporting the same address is the tipping point. #%^%^$%^

From what I have read, you don't necessarily have to change anything. Just delete the entry, and retype it. Click save and they should report the next day. This works for BOA, not sure for FIA. Try it out and see if it works.

Edited by loops77

I just "edited" my address.

"You've successfully edited your address and reassigned specific accounts to this address. All future statements and correspondence will be sent to your new account address. Changes should take effect within 24 hours."

So now have to give myFico ScoreWatch several days. Will report back...

"You've successfully edited your address and reassigned specific accounts to this address. All future statements and correspondence will be sent to your new account address. Changes should take effect within 24 hours."

Did this work for you?

Did this work for you?

Oh, I've been meaning to update but hadn't yet gone to find the thread. Thanks for bringing it up.

But ... sad news: didn't work. No mid-cycle update. :(

Did this work for you?

Oh, I've been meaning to update but hadn't yet gone to find the thread. Thanks for bringing it up.

But ... sad news: didn't work. No mid-cycle update. :(

:( Guess it only works for BOA then.

Comenity will report mid-cycle if there's a CL change.

on the other hand,

I got a CLI on my FRN card

and it hasn't reported in 2 months.

I put $1 charge on it last week just to force it to generate a statement and report.

Note: AmEx is often one billing cycle behind in reporting balances.

Cards that report mid-cycle

Ameriprise (Barclays)

Bank of America (Large charge, lost card, CL re-aalocation)
Bank of America Alaska Air (Eq & Ex 1 day before stmt close, TU 1 day after)
Barclays
Capital One (Personal & Business)
Capital One Union Plus (Day before statement close on TU)

Chase (Unusual activity or $0 balance after payment)

Chase Freedom

Comenity Bank Buckle
Dell
DCU (Last day of month)
Discover
Elan

Express (Comenity CL change)

FIA (May report balance when new card is issued due to fraudulent activity)
(GECRB)
HSBC
Lexus
Macy's
Sam's Club

SF Fire CU (24th-28th)

Sportsman's Guide (Comenity)
UMB
US Bank
WFNB

Reporting days of Cards (CRA, # days after)

*Barclay's (EQ 2-5, EX 2-3, TU 4-7)
Cabela's (WFB) (EQ 2-3, EX 3, TU 5)
Cap 1 (EQ 2-3, EX 2-3, TU 4-5)

Chase (EQ 5, EX 3, TU 7)
Citi (EQ 2, EX 1, TU 3)
Discover (EQ 3, EX 6, TU 6)

FNBO (EQ ?, EX 1, TU 2-3)
GEMB (EQ 1-3, EX 2-3, TU 2-6)
**HSBC (EQ 2, EX 1-3, TU 4)
Merrick (EQ 1-4, EX 1, TU 2-5)
NASA Visa (EQ 16-25, EX 2-22, TU 2-92) (I conclude NASA reports at random dates)
State Farm (EQ 2, EX 4, TU 6)
UMB (TU 0)

* has reported mid-cycle instead of closing balance once
** used to report mid-cycle, now always reports closing balance

Balance Transfer Reporting Times:

Chase (BT 3-5 days)
Kohls (BT 1 day)
Target (BT 1 day)

Lexus just reported for me on Jan 31st, even though statement doesn't close till Jan 19th:

Yep. Lexus=usbank. In addition, they will report a $5 credit balance as a $5 balance :glare:

...if only someone had posted this info before November 30, 2014.

Oh. Wait.

Nevermind. :blush:

Discover reported Today for me.

Day after statement, right?

Is it the end of the month or the day after the statement with Discovery? I honestly want to know. I'm not setting anyone up for a tirade about Discovery.

My last statement closed with a $0.00 balance. I charged exactly $2.00 the following day, and they reported $2.00 on my credit reports shortly thereafter.

I'm trying to confirm that this is typical, because I see $2 purchases in my future on a recurring basis, but I really don't want them to report.

Edited by cv91915

For some reason my Amex has always reported fairly promptly on statement close. I've never had a card report mid-cycle and when I pay mid cycle it is to 0. I do that about once every 4 bills on each account.

Cards: Freedom, AA exec MC, Amex Pt., WF Visa, Walmart MC.

How do you guys do it.

Is it the end of the month or the day after the statement with Discovery? I honestly want to know. I'm not setting anyone up for a tirade about Discovery.

My last statement closed with a $0.00 balance. I charged exactly $2.00 the following day, and they reported $2.00 on my credit reports shortly thereafter.

I'm trying to confirm that this is typical, because I see $2 purchases in my future on a recurring basis, but I really don't want them to report.

Bump

Bump

I dont know. I stopped using it. Pun intended.

Lexus just reported for me on Jan 31st, even though statement doesn't close till Jan 19th:

Yep. Lexus=usbank. In addition, they will report a $5 credit balance as a $5 balance :glare:

...if only someone had posted this info before November 30, 2014.

Oh. Wait.

Nevermind. :blush:

So does your US Bank card always report EOM? Does it also report at the close of the statement? Trying to create a plan of attack for how I'm going to use mine.

Bump

If you charge $2 or less they credit your account for the full amount so your statement has a $0 balance.
I'm going to continue to charge exactly $2.00 monthly, until I recoup all of the rewards they've failed to properly credit to my account. By my calculations, it's very likely that my heirs will end up canceling this card when my estate is settled.
Edited by cv91915

So does your US Bank card always report EOM? Does it also report at the close of the statement?

Yes. No.

On my Discovery account:

10/20/2014: Statement closes with activity, but $0 balance.

11/20/2014: Statement cycle ends with no activity, no statement generated.

12/20/2014: Statement cycle ends with no posted activity, no statement generated.

12/20/2014: Made one $2 purchase, posts 12/21/2014.

12/23/2014: $2 balance reports on CCMP (may have reported anytime between 12/21 and 12/23... the oldest archived report is dated 12/23).

01/20/2015: Statement cycle ends. $2 "Small Balance Credit" posts, statement generated with $0 balance.

01/21/2015: Reports to CCMP as $0.

Edited by cv91915

Bump

If you charge $2 or less they credit your account for the full amount so your statement has a $0 balance.
I'm going to continue to charge exactly $2.00 monthly, until I recoup all of the rewards they've failed to properly credit to my account. By my calculations, it's very likely that my heirs will end up canceling this card when my estate is settled.

What do you buy thats two dollars...

Bump

What do you buy thats two dollars...

$2 Amazon gift code.