Sign in to follow this  
TherapyPhD

GEMB Luv Button

My success/failure rate.

Hit the luv buttons today:

Lowes - Increase 3200 to 7200

Walmart - Increase 2100 to 2250 (can the markets stand those type of credit increases)

Sams - Inrease 1800 to 1900

Dillards - Declined increase still at 2100

JCPenney - Declined increase still at 2100

What's the deal with Dillards and JCP they have always done things a little different, though a part of the GEMB credit family?

Just my story folks.

Does GEMB do hard or soft pulls? I have a few GEMB cards never tried for an increase. I have Summit Racing ($700 w/zero balance), CareCredit ($5000- Haven't used in about 3 years w/zero balance), Paypal ($100) and Sams Club ($3000 - this act is only about 45 days old though w/zero balance) Don't want to risk any hard pulls though, since I'm trying to stay clean in hopes of a USAA or PCESU card

My success/failure rate.

Walmart - Increase 2100 to 2250 (can the markets stand those type of credit increases)

What's the deal with Dillards and JCP they have always done things a little different, though a part of the GEMB credit family?

Just my story folks.

My JcPenny has been declined since April 09, I keep trying every

4 months though. Aug. will try again.

My Sams sored from 2800 to 7800 then to 10,000.

Have had both since 2006.

My success/failure rate.

Just my story folks.

My JcPenny has been declined since April 09, I keep trying every

4 months though. Aug. will try again.

My Sams sored from 2800 to 7800 then to 10,000.

Have had both since 2006.

Yes, I buy new bedding once a year and mysteriously I receive a small auto increase a couple of months later.

Luv buttons seems useless with those two accounts.

My success/failure rate.

Sams - Increase 1800 to 3900

Just my story folks.

Edited by TheDivasBag

No online option on my Summit or CareCredit card, but there is on my PayPal and Sams, but I'm to chicken to try either in fear that they will do a hard pull. Checking the Creditpulls DB, I'm a little leery of attempting either. I sure wish PSECU would update my FICO so I have a better idea where I stand

My results:

Lowe's $5000 CLI to $8500

Walmart $ 1125 CLI to $ 1225

Dillard's was $1000, auto-CLI to $1700 (just noticed this a week ago), so they denied my CLI request

No online option on my Summit or CareCredit card, but there is on my PayPal and Sams, but I'm to chicken to try either in fear that they will do a hard pull. Checking the Creditpulls DB, I'm a little leery of attempting either. I sure wish PSECU would update my FICO so I have a better idea where I stand

Don't fear with the paypal. Hit the love button every 5 months and you should be good for a couple hundred bucks increase. They never do a hard pull.

Don't fear with the paypal. Hit the love button every 5 months and you should be good for a couple hundred bucks increase. They never do a hard pull.

Just gave it a shot: Sorry, we're unable to increase your credit limit at this time. I have to admit I was shocked. I have a measly $100 limit and averaged close to $85,000 income per year over the last few years. I'm tempted to just tell them to shove that $100 card up their xxx. I have no baddies on my CR and my credit limit now is about $53000 with about $21000 utilization

Edited by FlameOut

Just gave it a shot: Sorry, we're unable to increase your credit limit at this time. I have to admit I was shocked. I have a measly $100 limit and averaged close to $85,000 income per year over the last few years. I'm tempted to just tell them to shove that $100 card up their xxx. I have no baddies on my CR and my credit limit now is about $53000 with about $22 utilization

Then close it. You really don't need it. That's what I'd do. Hell, I probably have a lower FICO than you and my pay pal buyer credit is at 1,300, and that's after about 2 years. I wouldn't have been that patient with them. 100 bucks is worthless.

I was also able to get some decent results with my GEMB except for JcPenney. I had received increases in the past on all the accounts but JcPenney is now stuck at 1800. I don't really use it so I can understand not giving any increase at this time.

Other results:

Gap Visa: 3200 to 6000

Amazon: 550 to 1050

Paypal Plus MC: 5800 to 6000

Walmart: 750 to 850

Care Credit had unsolicited increase from 2000 to 3700. I wish they had given the higher limit when I first applied for dental work. Oh well!

Am I the only person with one GEMB card? LOL

I got an Amazon Store card last month w/ 1k credit limit.

Awwwwwwwyou beginner.....

I have none, if that makes you feel better. Tried for Amazon but got denied. BK is still under a year, though.

I only got two GEMB cards.

PaypalBC They seem to be very picky on credit line increases. If you have a lot of installment loan balances that are not paid down alot, they will deny. They would only Auto CLI. I went almost 1 1/2 years before i say a CLI at one point. It also took 3 years before they now approve them online. So your experience may vary.

Walmart This is my newer card and seems to range between $75 and $300 for increases.

i had no idea GEMB CLIs were soft pulls! yay!

i got $200 more on an old navy card but declined on American Eagle. poop.

i guess every bit helps with utilization, which is my current bane.

thanks for posting; i'll have to try to remember to keep clicking every 3 to 6 months.

speaking of which, how often should i try?

i had no idea GEMB CLIs were soft pulls! yay!

i got $200 more on an old navy card but declined on American Eagle. poop.

i guess every bit helps with utilization, which is my current bane.

thanks for posting; i'll have to try to remember to keep clicking every 3 to 6 months.

speaking of which, how often should i try?

Every 4 Months.

Anyone have an Ashley Furniture account with them still? Didn't see anywhere to request a CLI.

I don't know about Ashley, but Bassett GEMB financing doesn't allow online CLIs. Could be similar.

Anyone have an Ashley Furniture account with them still? Didn't see anywhere to request a CLI.

I don't know about Ashley, but Bassett GEMB financing doesn't allow online CLIs. Could be similar.

Interesting.. so do you have to call or go to a store?

Didn't know Sam's was a separate card... I need to get me one of them.

Suckas! These banks always crack me up because I can never put my finger on why they do what they do...

...so after reading this... I went for a Sam's card online. Approved for $600. Been meaning to apply for GEMB/Chevron also, so I did that online too. Approved for $600. Decided to try the luv button on my 4 month old Lowe's account (at $400) and got declined. Doh!

Didn't know Sam's was a separate card... I need to get me one of them.

Got a letter from walmart saying that my card is now good to use at any sams club location. Not sure if this is new or not but I've had my card for awhile so it might be.

Interesting.. so do you have to call or go to a store?

Never needed to up my line, but I'm sure the store would be able to get it increased if you wanted to buy something else. I think a lot of GEMB financing cards are like that. I also have a Sony Financial Services card issued by GEMB (Got that one for the 36 month 0% deal on a flatscreen). Can't request a CLI online on that one either.

Edited by JWR45