Sign in to follow this  
waralpha

Citi Forward Card...

SON OF A BEEHIVE!!!

June 4, 2016 bookstores, restaurants, music, and movies drop to 2 TYP per $. no expiration.

SON OF A BEEHIVE!!!

June 4, 2016 bookstores, restaurants, music, and movies drop to 2 TYP per $. no expiration.

I am surprised Citi has not shut down existing cards given the 5% on amazon persists.

Apparently you have an influence :grin:

SON OF A BEEHIVE!!!

I am surprised Citi has not shut down existing cards given the 5% on amazon persists.

Apparently you have an influence :grin:

:(

Amazon splurge in May for me

Yup.... Sigh... :cry2:

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2016/03/24/no-citi-devalues-forward-card/

ETA: This, plus CitiGold, plus TYPremier used to = a good thing. Now it's all going to hell in a hand-basket! :D

At least this summer I can move my2 5k Forward limit to Premier or Hilton.

It was a great run while it lasted. I'll have to start using SM for Amazon.

Got the letter today also. Hopefully I can reallocate my 14k limit to my hilton or dc

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Spoke to a US based Account Manager - Went right past the front lines....

"I'm sorry, unfortunately we are not allowing product changes on ANY Forward cards"

Ok, well, what about reallocating limits?

"We're not allowing reallocation from any Forward cards, either"

Seems like Citi is done with this product......

I'll try the EO and see how it goes.

Spoke to a US based Account Manager - Went right past the front lines....

"I'm sorry, unfortunately we are not allowing product changes on ANY Forward cards"

Ok, well, what about reallocating limits?

"We're not allowing reallocation from any Forward cards, either"

Seems like Citi is done with this product......

I'll try the EO and see how it goes.

My God.

Not even combining limits?

Official: Citi to the dumpster!

:)

Icky. I thought I was done applying for new cards. Guess I need to start looking for replacements for this.

Update: I've not had time to call the EO :D Haha

If anyone else has a free minute - Keep us posted on the outcome.

Citi doesn't tend to combine limits even with non-discontinued cards, unless you want to take a HP, which is kind of pointless (at least IMO). They also, to my knowledge, never offered PCs for the Forward, so I don't know if EO will be of help.

Unfortunately, it's a discontinued product. You kind of either have to be stuck with the nerfed version or close the card. I doubt they will provide many alternatives.

Citi doesn't tend to combine limits even with non-discontinued cards, unless you want to take a HP, which is kind of pointless (at least IMO). They also, to my knowledge, never offered PCs for the Forward, so I don't know if EO will be of help.

Unfortunately, it's a discontinued product. You kind of either have to be stuck with the nerfed version or close the card. I doubt they will provide many alternatives.

YMMV.

When I received my TYP card, I was able to pull some of the limit from my Forward AND AAdvantage cards.

No additional hard pull was required.

I then received CLI's on both of the cards I thefted from.

This was all done through the Citi EO. ;)

YMMV.

When I received my TYP card, I was able to pull some of the limit from my Forward AND AAdvantage cards.

Unless something has changed recently, all signs (and my personal experience) point to Citi combining limits.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=524538&p=5450696

YMMV.

Sorry, I didn't clarify.

Yes if you apply for a new product, you can rearrange limits upon approval with no (extra) HP, but you obviously incurred a HP for the new card.

My point is that if you just straight up ask to merge limits with NO new application, they will want a HP, whether you go through EO or not.

YMMV.

Sorry, I didn't clarify.

Yes if you apply for a new product, you can rearrange limits upon approval with no (extra) HP, but you obviously incurred a HP for the new card.

My point is that if you just straight up ask to merge limits with NO new application, they will want a HP, whether you go through EO or not.

HP should be the least of ones worries. Especially if one has dirty reports.

I'm not afraid of a HP. I have plenty. ;)

YMMV.

Unless something has changed recently, all signs (and my personal experience) point to Citi combining limits.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=524538&p=5450696

:good:

Unless you want to move it from a Legacy Forward, or so I've been told. Haha

Finally got a "confirmed" reason/response out of the EO.

"Because the Forward Card has the APR Reduction benefit, your APR has been reduced to an amount lower than any of the cards currently offered by Citi. That's why we aren't able to do any product conversions on this card. It would require an increase in APR, which we can't do, unless you plan on defaulting. Though I will send a request to a Sr. Underwriter asking them to move your limit without a HP."

Final verdict for all of you Forward-ers...

HP will be required to move limits.

I'm in the middle of a refi, so I told her the Forward would be keeping my socks company for years to come.

ETA: "I sure did voice your concern and dissatisfaction to our Sr. staff in re: to the changes to the Forward card."

Well, hell... No I feel LOADS better. :):good:

Oh well... Business is business! :D

Edited by Matti

Final verdict for all of you Forward-ers...

HP will be required to move limits.

I'm in the middle of a refi, so I told her the Forward would be keeping my socks company for years to come.

ETA: "I sure did voice your concern and dissatisfaction to our Sr. staff in re: to the changes to the Forward card."

Well, hell... No I feel LOADS better. :):good:

Oh well... Business is business! :D

I have two refis in process right now. I had to provide explanations electronically for some recent inquiries for one of the lenders, and I did a lot of copying/pasting text to indicate, "Inquiry was for opening a new credit card, which never carries a balance." I think there were about six of those. :lol:

I also had to provide an explanation for an address on our reports, which was the same address for the property we were refinancing with this lender. :swoon:

Citi never used to require a hard for a line merge, that was always a Chase and BofA thing, too bad.