Sign in to follow this  
waterlili

MasterCard Branded Prepaid Gift Card

I didn't see another forum this belongs in so I hope it gets read here.

I received a prepaid gift card. There was an expiration date on it. Next to the exp date, it says "Funds do not expire." On the back of the card, it says there will be a monthly $3.95 charge after the card expires.

Now, I forgot about it and it expired last month. So I expect the balance to be down $3.95. I go online to check the balance and it said it's cancelled. I call customer service. They say it's expired and they will not reissue. I ask how I get the rest of my money and they say I can't.

Does MasterCard regulate these gift cards as closely as they do the regular credit cards? Is there a complaint form for these?

If not, I need to file a complaint with an Attorney General. Is it best to do it with my state's AG or the AG in the state of the gift card's issuer?

I know each issuer can pretty much make up their own rules as to fees, but this one is blatantly misleading to the consumer.

I think you will be better off putting this in the Credit Forum. I think this forum is off the beaten path by design.(: Anyway you will get a better response and it fits there as well as anywhere. Good luck, I am quite sure there are strict rules about gift cards. Might as well put in the company/bank that issued it too.

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines