Sign in to follow this  
Zero_Infinity

Removing a stubborn paid collection from EX

So just got back the dispute results from EX and they verified every TL I disputed. They also added incorrect dates of the account status. Havnt heard anything from TU yet but figure the results to be pretty much the same. In a last hurrah I went ahead and disputed the PR and see what happens with that. Looking back it might have gone better if I had called in and disputed that way but it sounded like the CSRs were not letting people use this method of Disputing anymore.

Anyways it was worth a shot and hope other members have better results at this than I did lol

you did your last disputes online that got verifies? I might try the online dispute for the one judgment and if verified then I'll start the paper trail like I have with hipaa. I just dont have too much time and trying to get clean what I can for my wife.

So just got back the dispute results from EX and they verified every TL I disputed. They also added incorrect dates of the account status. Havnt heard anything from TU yet but figure the results to be pretty much the same. In a last hurrah I went ahead and disputed the PR and see what happens with that. Looking back it might have gone better if I had called in and disputed that way but it sounded like the CSRs were not letting people use this method of Disputing anymore.

Anyways it was worth a shot and hope other members have better results at this than I did lol

you did your last disputes online that got verifies?

Yes with EX and EQ. Im unable to check TU since they shutdown their backdoor. I did notice tho that I just pulled a new report with EC and all the Neg TLs I disputed online with TU were gone but they still show on CCMP. I will update as I find out more...

Well I called Ex this time and I asked about 5 different collection/chargeoffs if they are reporting my ssn. The rep replied yeah. She asked if they were mine and I told her I would like to dispute as similar name/person. She said repeated and confirmed "not mine" I said no, dispute as similar name/person. She puts me on hold then comes back saying they've disputed before. I asked her about a different tradeline if it was reporting my ssn and she said all your information is reporting. So I asked again, is it reporting my ssn? She stumbled and was short of something to say lol. I explained that the other 4 are duplicates, Ex is the only reporting agency reporting this negative info, my name is very common, Ex is always difficult to deal with, etc. She puts me on hold again and then transfers me to the handling department. Then Allan disputes 6 tradelines for me no questions asked other than what I wanted to dispute. He did it so easily I'm thinking that he disputed it totally different than what I asked him to do. I even confirmed that each dispute read similar name/person. He went on saying how the dispute process works, 30 days yada yada yada. He said they will notify me via email. So we'll see.

Edited by TeachMeMaster

Have I missed if anyone got a delete at the 30 day mark using this method?

This method did not work for me at all. Congrats to those of you that had success with it but it didn't work for Equifax nor Experian.

EQ online dispute of a paid C/O came back as verified. Find it odd it only took a week this time. Suppose I'm moving onto chasing Cap1 on that one. TU is still no word on my PR. No status updates of any kind on the page since 2/11 when it was filed.

I know it is not the basis of this method but people who have gotten the deletions, did you have the address associated with the TL on your reports?

HUGE HUGE thanks to Dollar Bill! I disputed 6 things on my husband's EQ report, and got FOUR removed! Then 1 updated and showed a zero balance like it was supposed to, so I am 5 out of 6!!!! His score went up 14 points. :) How long should I wait before trying it again with others? And I had to wait 45 days on that one because I pulled a free report, if I use the report # they gave me on the updated report, will I have to wait 30 days or 45? I haven't been around much lately because I went from staying at home to working part time. I'm loving it, but its an adjustment.

Edited by bama

Grr. Husband called today on 7 TLs and they are saying his SS is attached to all of them. Is that possible? One is an old utility bill, some are old COs. I'm having a hard time beliving that.

Grr. Husband called today on 7 TLs and they are saying his SS is attached to all of them. Is that possible? One is an old utility bill, some are old COs. I'm having a hard time beliving that.

u never know, that being said (appears he owns them) start doing a DV to CA's etc..

Hehe. That old utility bill is one EQ removed. I think I am going to have him call EX again, and not ask anything just dispute. See if it takes. EQ did take FOREVER to get it done though. 45 days.

I just did another one. Thanks! Unfortunately I didn't see this post before I did it, and used the report # EQ gave me when they sent a copy of the report. Do you think it will hurt anything? I noticed it did say I had another 45 day wait :/

Well, I think they want to be sure they aren't giving your report to the wrong person. I could be wrong, but if you don't send proof of ID they may cut you off from getting your reports. Refusing to send ID to a CA is correct, but to the CRA - well, you're taking a chance on not being able to access your reports.

I guess, you're only allowed to do so many disputes w/ TU. I attempted to do the similar name/online dispute but it wouldn't allow me to select any of the TL I wanted to dispute.

Basically, there's no link to click next to the item I want to dispute. I'm wondering if it's like this b/c they recently processed my address dispute.

Another thing I noticed w/ the online dispute for EQ, the added the "not mine" wording to the description. So here' your option now for similar name....This is not my account; it belongs to a relative or another person with same/similar name.

I just disputed 3 TLs on EQ w/ the same/similar name option. I'll keep you posted. Thanks DB and everyone for your contributions!!

I called EX on 2/9 to dispute an old CO, but I screwed it up and they disputed it as "not mine." To no surprise, it came back on 2/20 as verified. I went online today and I noticed the option to dispute it as "similar name/person" is still there. I was going to redispute it but I was wondering if it is too soon or should I wait 30 days? I seem to recall an old 30+5 rule or something like that.

I tried this method online with Equifax earlier today and a few minutes a ago got an email as follows

We have received your request to dispute information contained in your Equifax credit file. In order to process your request, we will need a copy of the following documentation from you within 24 hours:

1. Valid Driver's License

2. Social Security card or W-2 form

3. A utility bill reflecting your current address

To submit:

Send these documents along with a copy of this page and the 10-digit confirmation number to us via fax or mail

Anyone else getting this and how do I approach it?

Thanks

I'm so torn what to do next. Cleaned up my reports 6 years ago (clean ever since) all by cm paper trail. I am now cleaning up DW reports and just got 3 paid collections from the same CA removed with whychats hipaa but they also have a satisfied judgment from same CA.I cant decide if I should send whychat letter or try dollar bill albiet I'll do it online. If one or other doesn't work first I'll try the other.I'm pretty sure there is no ssn# attached.

Ugh! My husband called Experian today to dispute, and they REFUSED! Said they do not do similar name disputes, only "Not Mine". And he even called twice and got TWO different CSRs. Now what?!

I think EX must have sent out a memo regarding similar name disputes. I had two judgements removed using this method when it was a little newer, but lately they seem like they've cracked down on it.

Ugh! My husband called Experian today to dispute, and they REFUSED! Said they do not do similar name disputes, only "Not Mine". And he even called twice and got TWO different CSRs. Now what?!

Don't give up...did he ask to speak with a supervisor?

I think EX must have sent out a memo regarding similar name disputes. I had two judgements removed using this method when it was a little newer, but lately they seem like they've cracked down on it.

It sounds like they have caught on CB users but they don't control the FCRA laws so anyone can call, dispute online, or write to them disputing the negative item as belonging to someone with similar name or person thus requiring them to verify that your SS is in fact attached to the negative item.

Just spoke with an Experian rep who was very helpful. She went through every item on my report with me and notified me if my ssn was attached or not. She then initiated disputes for the items without my ssn, including a judgement which has been a pain in the rear. Fingers are crossed!!

Just spoke with an Experian rep who was very helpful. She went through every item on my report with me and notified me if my ssn was attached or not. She then initiated disputes for the items without my ssn, including a judgement which has been a pain in the rear. Fingers are crossed!!

Wow, that's good to know! I guess we should just keep calling Exp until we get a CSR that is willing to help.

Wow, that's good to know! I guess we should just keep calling Exp until we get a CSR that is willing to help.

I'm glad she was helpful! If not, I would have called back until I got someone on the line who would help. I had all day to get this done but it only took about 35 minutes. There still are reps willing to help, don't give up!

I'm glad she was helpful! If not, I would have called back until I got someone on the line who would help. I had all day to get this done but it only took about 35 minutes. There still are reps willing to help, don't give up!

Thank you. This is very encouraging!! What number did you call? I called the number posted early in this topic (888-397-3742) and that doesn't give me any options to get to a rep.