Traffic ticket NY help please

The last post in this topic was posted 3859 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I live in NJ but work in NYC, yesterday on my way to work I was stopped at a check point and was told that my license was suspended to drive in NY as of 3/2011 because of an unanswered ticket in NY. I had no idea what is this ticket is about or recall having any tickets in NY so I called up the court some where in upstate NY about 5 hour drive from where I live and was told that there is a traffic speeding ticket on my name that was issued in 2004, I never got a ticket there and never received anything in the mail not a single letter or notice regarding this ticket, when I questioned the clerk why it took so long to report it to the motor vehicle and why I was not notified of this ticket by mail or at previous check pts she said that they had lots of issues with their computer and missed some tickets and just entered it now in 2011 that's about 7 years. I would never get a ticket and disregard it especially if it was a speeding ticket. I have a clean record since 1993 when my license was issued.

So I pleaded not guilty for this ticket and paid the fee to lift the suspension temporarily till I get a court date to fight it and make sure that it is an accurate ticket and not some computer fault or error. I also called up the NY Motor vehicle and was told that this ticket was just reported in 3/2011 and that it was never reported anywhere between 2004 till now....

The ticket carries 4 pts and a fine. Any advice please.

Edited by antomax

I called up the court some where in upstate NY about 5 hour drive from where I live and was told that there is a traffic speeding ticket on my name that was issued in 2004

Your name? They should have your name, address, DL number, vehicle information and tag number on a ticket. A lot of municipalities are turning unpaid tickets over to collection agencies, who we all know are famous for trying to collect from the wrong people.

Set it for a hearing/trial. The State can subpoena the officer who wrote the ticket. Unless it was the first and ONLY ticket ever written by the officer, I doubt he would recall the incident/circumstances. I wouldn't.

DH has battled tickets down to no point offenses. I know in Nassau County it took 5 years to get his hearing date (no BS there!)

It could be as simple as a transposed # on the ticket. Make them produce the ticket, it should have more than just a name. It should have the type of vehicle too.

The last post in this topic was posted 3859 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.