Sign in to follow this  
Crackie

Macy's Amex AU Reports on EX

I was added on my sister's Macy's Amex a few months ago. It has never reported in the past but today when I pulled, it was on EX along with her 2 year history. Not showing on EQ or TU but maybe it will appear in the next few days.

Anyone ever hear of this?

:yahoo:

I was added on my sister's Macy's Amex a few months ago. It has never reported in the past but today when I pulled, it was on EX along with her 2 year history. Not showing on EQ or TU but maybe it will appear in the next few days.

We have a very close relationship with Experian, so our reporting usually shows there first.

We have a very close relationship with Experian, so our reporting usually shows there first.

It was my understanding from Macy's credit department that they don't report AU accounts. Has something changed recently?

It was my understanding from Macy's credit department that they don't report AU accounts. Has something changed recently?

The way you expressed it, we do not report it. However, what the OP's post does not say is that is NOT an AU, it is a joint account. At some point the OP's sister called us, asked for the joint account holder letter. The account is now jointly owned by the OP and his/her sister.

OP is not an AU on this account, but a joint account holder.

Sorry if the post was too vague but it is an AU account and reports as such. It appeared on EX today so I'm assuming that it could very well show up on EQ & TU in the days to come.

Sorry if the post was too vague but it is an AU account and reports as such. It appeared on EX today so I'm assuming that it could very well show up on EQ & TU in the days to come.

Check with your sister. At some point it was changed to a joint account, and you are now both financially responsible for the account.

This is totally wild. My sister didn't change the account adding me as a joint account holder nor did she receive a letter indicating any such change.

It reports as AMEX DSNB and states "authorized user."

Maybe I should call tomorrow but the new tradelines may actually benefit more than harm.

This is totally wild. My sister didn't change the account adding me as a joint account holder nor did she receive a letter indicating any such change.

Maybe I should call tomorrow but the new tradelines may actually benefit more than harm.

Oh, I did not mean for you to think you are worse off the way it is reporting. It is helping you, adding age and most likely helping with utilization.

What did she do to get it changed? A few weeks ago it was not reporting, and now it is reporting. What, exactly, did she do to get you added?

Edited by Settle

Oh, I did not mean for you to think you are worse off the way it is reporting. It is helping you, adding age and most likely helping with utilization.

What did she do to get it changed? A few weeks ago it was not reporting, and now it is reporting. What, exactly, did she do to get you added?

Her account was changed to an AMEX last August or whenever it was Macy's was transferring Visa cards to Amex. Shortly after receiving her card in the mail, she added me as an AU user in her online account.

I spoke to the credit department after receiving my card to ask if it would be reported but the CSR said AU accounts are not reported. It's never reported until today.

Might be a system glitch but no complaints here other than it reports a high balance and no CL.

Might be a system glitch but no complaints here other than it reports a high balance and no CL.

I sure hope you mean a high LIMIT? I can't figure out what you're saying. Our AMEX accounts report a limit and a balance, but you said it reports a high BALANCE and no CL?

I sure hope you mean a high LIMIT? I can't figure out what you're saying. Our AMEX accounts report a limit and a balance, but you said it reports a high BALANCE and no CL?

This is how it is reporting. The credit line on this account is $6k.

AMEXDSNB Account Number:XXXX Acct Type:Credit Card Acct Status:Open Monthly Payment:$5.00 Date Open:7/1/2009 Balance:$5.00 Terms:Revolving High Balance:$281.00 Limit:$281.00 Past Due: Payment Status:Current

AMEXDSNB Account Number:XXXX Acct Type:Credit Card Acct Status:Open Monthly Payment:$5.00 Date Open:7/1/2009 Balance:$5.00 Terms:Revolving High Balance:$281.00 Limit:$281.00 Past Due: Payment Status:Current

I still do not understand. If you believe it has a limit of $6,000, where, exactly, is that being reported? What makes you think it has a limit of $6,000 if that is not reporting on the CR?

Edited by Settle

I still do not understand. If you believe it has a limit of $6,000, where, exactly, is that being reported? What makes you think it has a limit of $6,000 if that is not reporting on the CR?

The other post was copied from CCT. This one is from Macy's online account.

For some reason it won't paste from EX backdoor but it definitely says the credit line is $6k and reports me as an AU.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I just thought AU accts didn't report.

Balance (04/09/11)5.00Minimum Payment Due (05/09/11).00Transactions Since Last Statement96.79Payments Since Last Statement5.00Current Balance96.79Available Credit5,903.21

I am an AU on DH's Macy's store card. As soon as he added me, the card began reporting to all 3. Once he opened a Special Event account, that was reporting on both of our reports as well. However, around the same time that Macy's started making all these changes, the Special Event account stopped reporting on both of our reports, and the store card stopped reporting on EQ only. It still reports on EX and TU though.

From what I hear, EQ doesn't really report AU's anyway, so I guess that makes sense. But when the Special Event account stopped reporting, it dropped my EX score by 37 points.

It didn't show up on EQ or TU today so maybe in the next few days or maybe not at all. LOL

@wow, did your score initially increase 37 points or did it drop by that many points when it stopped reporting? It would be a bummer if it was the latter.

My AU account just showed up on EX and TU.

It's still not showing on EQ or TU as of this morning. Not sure what determines reporting or whether it's a glitch in Macy's system.

Not sure whether there was any affect on EX FICO but none whatsoever on EX FAKO.

I'm thrilled for the extra three years of history as my new car loan just reported.

That's great for your AAOA. Mine is only 2 years but I have other older accounts. If it would report to EQ, I could determine the impact.

Oh well, guess I'll just wait and see.

ABSOLUTELY true.

Have been AU on parents Macys VISA for at least 5 years. Never reported.

A week ago it suddenly appears on EX. Two day ago the same account shows up on TU.

Not on Equifax .... YET!!!

ABSOLUTELY true.

A week ago it suddenly appears on EX. Two day ago the same account shows up on TU.

This is great news for all of you! 5 years, eh? Not bad. I am sure that helps a lot, eh?

ABSOLUTELY true.

This is great news for all of you! 5 years, eh? Not bad. I am sure that helps a lot, eh?

It didn't help as much this year as it would have when I became an AU.

When it hit the past few weeks my scores remained static except for TU which bumped up three points.

The waiting was the hardest part because back then this AU was a major part of my strategy. Day after day became week after week until I realized it wasn't happening/reporting.

Of course back then we didn't know what was ahead for the AMEX back dating bonanza.

That really sealed the deal with my rebuilding, giving me two Amex cards back dated to 1990.

Now if Amex's competitors would just join in on back dating to take away Amex's advantage ... it could get interesting.

Now if Amex's competitors would just join in on back dating to take away Amex's advantage ... it could get interesting.

Ours are not AMEX cards. We use the AMEX network, but all our AMEX branded accounts are Macy's accounts, underwritten by Macy's/CITI, so our policies are completely different than AMEX's when it comes to credit reporting.

My AU acct is still reporting on EX but never showed up on either EQ or TU. I reallly don't think there was any significant score impact though.