Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Found a wierd thing.

The last post in this topic was posted 3361 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My step daughter now 20 is looking into buy a car so I told her lets pull your FICO and see where you stand. Clean report except for the fact that she has a medical collection that was put on her report when 16yo WTF???? we are in Louisiana can they put an item on a report at such a young age? We have no idea what its for fixing to DV but any other ways to tackle this?

In most states a contract isn't enforceable against a person that was under 18 when they signed it. It makes sense that if you use that a dispute reason with a CRA it should work, but i've never tried it. You should get an answer with some experience behind it pretty soon. Meanwhile check your state government web site for "age of majority".

In most states a contract isn't enforceable against a person that was under 18 when they signed it. It makes sense that if you use that a dispute reason with a CRA it should work, but i've never tried it. You should get an answer with some experience behind it pretty soon. Meanwhile check your state government web site for "age of majority".

Who is reporting this? A doctors office or a CA? If this is a doctors office, I would suggest having your daughter give them a call and ask why they are reporting a debt that happened when she was a minor. It could simply a reporting error. If its a CA, I would DV them immediately. I would also have your daughter dispute the account through the CRA.

Edited by jtoast

DV them, for an account already on the CR? I don't think so. What's the point in that?

No time to dispute with the CRA? That'd be my first move, but of course that depends on how much time she wants to take.

DV them, for an account already on the CR? I don't think so. What's the point in that?

No time to dispute with the CRA? That'd be my first move, but of course that depends on how much time she wants to take.

What's the point in DVing the CA? Are you kidding?

The point is that since the consumer was never notified of the alleged debt, the 30 days for disputing never began, and therefore never ended...which means that the CA can't continue collection activity until they provide validation.

I would have her fire off an unknown debt letter...followed by a dispute with the CRAs...of course she should send it CMRRR and don't sign the letter...

who's the CA?

CA is Account Control Bureau out North Louisiana. I gonna send off a DV letter today. Should I mention that she was minor at time of placment and they should remove immediatly?

?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Surely you are joking?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Be careful with this..... they may take it off of her report and put it on yours!

Which would restart the process, including the 30 days to dispute, etc...but NOT reset the SOL or reporting period of course...as well as them trying to track down WHO the really responsible party was, and giving the OP the chance to collect from the CA WHEN they violate

The last post in this topic was posted 3361 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.