Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

how long between Chase apps?

The last post in this topic was posted 3087 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

They pull a new report after 1 second in between apps, forget 30 days etc...

6 month in between app is a general rule unless you have some drastic score change and you feel confident about your chances. So no set rules depending on the circumstances.

Guest SoFLi-ne

They pull a new report after 1 second in between apps, forget 30 days etc...

6 month in between app is a general rule unless you have some drastic score change and you feel confident about your chances. So no set rules depending on the circumstances.

+1

This also applies to co-branded cards, GEMB, etc. If you have drastically (100 points or so) improved scored, and a few months of good history, putting baddies behind you, you would feel emboldened. In my case, i was shot down for GEMB's Amazon card in January, then again in March. Not the best idea to re-apply so soon. (I will reapply in 2012. My scores should be high 600s by then!)

I reference that example because with two denials, the best chance with that creditor is to be truly credit-worthy, then apply based on that. Too many INQs do not look all that well, you need ~6 months before trigger-pulling.. a year with no bumps in the road, if you can manage that.

Looking for more input on this - is it reasonable to expect approval for two Chase rewards cards at a time or do you need to spread them out? Assume credit is 730's with no baddies. We're probably looking at Southwest and Marriott for the bonuses.

Looking for more input on this - is it reasonable to expect approval for two Chase rewards cards at a time or do you need to spread them out? Assume credit is 730's with no baddies. We're probably looking at Southwest and Marriott for the bonuses.

I apped for Chase Freedom (6/25) and CSP (7/3) and was approved for both. Freedom was instant approval for 8k, CSP was not instant, but was approved within an hour, no re-con necessary (called app status line), limit 15.7k. . I probably Was just lucky, but only had ONE pull on TU for both cards. TU score at time of app was 753.

Edited by Alexa530

:offtopic: It's been a few years since traveled a lot and rental car rates seem to have shot up. Do you guys use any particular rewards or sites for car rentals?

Any thoughts on which card to apply for first? Or does it matter? I think we are looking at CSP and Southwest around the same time. I may separate them by a day or so.

Any thoughts on which card to apply for first? Or does it matter? I think we are looking at CSP and Southwest around the same time. I may separate them by a day or so.

I would try for CSP first...it has the reputation for being the toughest of the Chase non JPM cards. After I opened my CSP I spoke with a rep who confirmed that CSP is considered the top of the food chain for Chase...

The last post in this topic was posted 3087 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.