New IRS Policy 04/02/2011

Mervynsb

The last post in this topic was posted 2269 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think it just depends on the who receives your letter. Waited until it was recorded at courthouse.Faxed form 10916 for both me and hubby to all 3 cra's. Experian deleted immediately for both. TU deleted for me but not DH. EQ no deletion for either, verified accurate in 6 days. Mailed the form to TU and again requested deletion, successful. Mailed form to EQ with a thorough explanation of the Fresh Start program, blah blah, no deletion, verified within 7 days. Requested MOV. received the BS letter about how they use third parties to verify public records. Sent third letter, with copies of previous disputes as well as a copy of the courthouse internet page that shows the withdrawal as recorded, again denied. I'm sending one last dispute, this one with a copy of the 10916 that has the courthouse stamp on it. If they don't delete this time, I'm contacting an attorney. I don't understand why they are being so difficult about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to make my second debit withdrawal to the IRS. Only one more until I get the lien removed. Is there anything I can start doing NOW to help speed up the process for when the third payment hits? Like any forms I should order in advance and have them ready to send in as soon as they take the third payment next month?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was curious if this would work if the lien was discharged in ch7 bankruptcy.

The conditions for withdrawal are payment or installment agreement via direct debit plan. It seems that discharge via bankruptcy would not qualify under the conditions of the new law.

• 3 weeks later...

I received my Certificate of release in May 2014 and applied for the Withdrawal directly after that. I recently received my approved Withdrawal from the IRS. I then went online to the County Recorder's office and the system says that the lien was released and now it says cancelled. I called Experian and asked them to remove the lien but they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about and that they could not remove the lien because it is only released and liens stay on your report for 7-10 years.

On Monday, May 16th, I made 3 copies of my lien and mailed them to all 3 CRAs. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Also, on my lien, DH is listed as the primary and it only has the initial of my first and middle name. I hope that is not a problem getting thsi removed from out reports.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Certificate of release in May 2014 and applied for the Withdrawal directly after that. I recently received my approved Withdrawal from the IRS. I then went online to the County Recorder's office and the system says that the lien was released and now it says cancelled. I called Experian and asked them to remove the lien but they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about and that they could not remove the lien because it is only released and liens stay on your report for 7-10 years.

On Monday, May 16th, I made 3 copies of my lien and mailed them to all 3 CRAs. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Also, on my lien, DH is listed as the primary and it only has the initial of my first and middle name. I hope that is not a problem getting thsi removed from out reports.

Update: Lien has been deleted from transunion and equifax but still awaiting update from experian.

I have an unpaid tax IRS lien filed in Oct 2004.

Come September/October 2014, is it possible to dispute this with the CRAs that it's been reported for ten years and it's time to be deleted? I've heard unpaid IRS liens can stay on your CR indefinitely.

Thanks all...

Update: Lien has been deleted from transunion and equifax but still awaiting update from experian.

Actually, I just checked again and my Lien was removed from both TU and EX. I had to submit another dispute to EQ today to have it removed...fingers crossed.

I have an unpaid tax IRS lien filed in Oct 2004.

Come September/October 2014, is it possible to dispute this with the CRAs that it's been reported for ten years and it's time to be deleted? I've heard unpaid IRS liens can stay on your CR indefinitely.

Thanks all...

I have no insight on it. My concern would be that you still owe the IRS and they aren't likely to let you slide on the debt all together.

I have received my lien release and I faxed my application for withdrawal to my advisory IRS person on friday. She called and said that she is sending this to her manager to sign off on it today. She also stated that she is going to send it to the 3 CRA's. She also said that I should receive it in the mail by the first of next week! :clapping::yahoo:

Of course when I get my withdrawal in hand I am going to the courthouse myself and I am going to send it to the CRA's. :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I just checked again and my Lien was removed from both TU and EX. I had to submit another dispute to EQ today to have it removed...fingers crossed.

Got results from equifax today and the lien was removed. Finally its gone from all reports.

• 2 weeks later...

I just backdoored mine and my DW equifax. All three liens have been removed from my reports. The one lien that was reporting on my wife's report is still there. Perhaps they haven't gotten to her report just yet. :dntknw: They only had the disputes for two days now. So I will keep checking. Ex & TU just recieved their pack today.

I just backdoored mine and my DW equifax. All three liens have been removed from my reports. The one lien that was reporting on my wife's report is still there. Perhaps they haven't gotten to her report just yet. :dntknw: They only had the disputes for two days now. So I will keep checking. Ex & TU just recieved their pack today.

Congrats. It's a great feeling to see an IRS lien gone, isn't it?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BREAURHODES0624

Important Information

Guidelines