Sign in to follow this  
Mervynsb

New IRS Policy 04/02/2011

Hello CB Members,

I am newbie here (although I have been trolling the boards for months now) and wanted to ask a question about the Form 12277. I sent my original letter to the IRS Centralized Office in Ohio on 4/6/2016. I am wondering if I sent it to the right address. When looking at publication 4235, it states for withdrawal after released to send to this address, however there is also a post above it that says to send to the local advocacy services. I guess I am a little worried I sent it to the wrong place which is why it may be taking a little longer than expected to hear something back from them. Perhaps I need to be more patient, as it has only been a little over a week. I guess I am just concerned I sent it to the wrong place.

Any advice or words of encouragement are welcomed :unsure:

Hello CB Members,

I am newbie here (although I have been trolling the boards for months now) and wanted to ask a question about the Form 12277. I sent my original letter to the IRS Centralized Office in Ohio on 4/6/2016. I am wondering if I sent it to the right address. When looking at publication 4235, it states for withdrawal after released to send to this address, however there is also a post above it that says to send to the local advocacy services. I guess I am a little worried I sent it to the wrong place which is why it may be taking a little longer than expected to hear something back from them. Perhaps I need to be more patient, as it has only been a little over a week. I guess I am just concerned I sent it to the wrong place.

Any advice or words of encouragement are welcomed :unsure:

I have a similar question. I am trying to get a lien withdrawn as fast as possible, the lien has already been released and taxes paid but still shows on my credit reports. I called the Lien hotline the IRS lists and the employee on the phone said to send the 12277 form to this address below:

Internal Revenue Service

Centralized Lien Operation

P.O. Box 145595

Stop 8420G

Cincinnati, OH 45250-5595

However after reading a post by ariadne they are recommending to send correspondence to the regional advisory group.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=464271&hl=%2012277%20%20advisory&page=15

What is the correct place to send the 12277 to?

Also the IRS employee said to write the addresses to Equifax, Experian, and Transunion on a separate sheet of paper and they would send the Withdrawal notice directly to the CRAs. Has anyone had luck with this? Should I include the address for Lexis Nexis as well?

Are these the most updated addresses for the 3 CRAs?

Equifax Information Services LLC is P.O. Box 740256, Atlanta, GA 30374.

Experian P.O. Box 4500, Allen, TX 75013

TransUnion LLC 2 Baldwin Place P.O. Box 1000 Chester, PA 19016

My hope is the channel that the IRS uses to withdraw the lien is faster and taken more serious than if I do it myself with the 10916 response letter.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Edited by bellend

Unfortunately there is nothing fast about the IRS. I sent mine in January I believe.... and finally got mine last month. The really nice thing is if you try and call and talk to a person at times they are busy and so their phone system even says..... due to high call volume please call back on another day (no option to stay on hold and does it days in a row sometimes). You may be lucky and the center you mailed your form to may not be as busy and you may get way better results.

Unfortunately there is nothing fast about the IRS. I sent mine in January I believe.... and finally got mine last month. The really nice thing is if you try and call and talk to a person at times they are busy and so their phone system even says..... due to high call volume please call back on another day (no option to stay on hold and does it days in a row sometimes). You may be lucky and the center you mailed your form to may not be as busy and you may get way better results.

I was able to call the IRS lien hotline yesterday. They have a system where you leave a voicemail with your question and they call you back. She called me back about 3 hours later.

The correct procedure is to send the 12277 to the regional advisory group. If you send the 12277 to the main lien center in Ohio it ends up getting routed by the IRS to the regional advisory group. This would explain why some experience a long delay in getting a response.

I received my 10916 withdrawal notice from the IRS 24 days after I sent in my 12277. The next day I sent a copy of the withdrawal notice to all 3 CRAs.

1 week later the lien was removed from TU and EX. Equifax updated the lien with current date.

Called Equifax and asked them wtf happened and they acknowledged the mistake and promised to delete within 48 hours.

I pulled my FICO score from myfico this morning. The lien deletion improved my score on TU and EX by over 100 points!

I had 2 irs liens...... one i paid in full sent the form out and it was released within 3 months. The second one expired before the irs could collect all money due. I just got back my reply from form 12777 and the refused to release the lien although they have updated it as paid? because I did not fulfill the requirements in the program. TU just updated it to paid 2 months ago. EX deleted it when i disputed, and EQ still remains. I have an appeal number which i will be calling , and have considered calling a taxpayer advocate. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I had 2 irs liens...... one i paid in full sent the form out and it was released within 3 months. The second one expired before the irs could collect all money due. I just got back my reply from form 12777 and the refused to release the lien although they have updated it as paid? because I did not fulfill the requirements in the program. TU just updated it to paid 2 months ago. EX deleted it when i disputed, and EQ still remains. I have an appeal number which i will be calling , and have considered calling a taxpayer advocate. Anyone else have a similar experience?

What did you receive from the IRS in response to the 12777 ?

I received my 10916 withdrawal notice from the IRS 24 days after I sent in my 12277. The next day I sent a copy of the withdrawal notice to all 3 CRAs.

1 week later the lien was removed from TU and EX. Equifax updated the lien with current date.

Called Equifax and asked them wtf happened and they acknowledged the mistake and promised to delete within 48 hours.

I pulled my FICO score from myfico this morning. The lien deletion improved my score on TU and EX by over 100 points!

Any more info about how you sent it? Did you send it certified mail etc?

Any more info about how you sent it? Did you send it certified mail etc?

I sent it Express (overnight) USPS.

For those with spouses does anyone know if in the letter to the Bureaus can you list both spouses names and ss#'s and have both credit reports updated? Or do you need to send a separate letter for each spouse to each bureau?