Sign in to follow this  
JR81

WTF Macy's

Settle, I called this morning and got transferred to a supervisor who said she removed it from the qeue and left a note on the account just in case it should go through by mistake. She said it had not gone to Amex yet and she removed it so it would not go there and that the note would be there in case it did go through to Amex and that the note would be seen by anyone trying to approve me. Or, worst case scenario, if it did go through, the note would be proof that it should be reversed because it was stopped. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I really hope that is the end of it because I have had experiences with CC companies where they tell you they will do something and then they don't.

Do you think I should call back in a couple of days to make sure it was actually cancelled?

You'll be fine. It is not tough to get the request removed, and you did exactly as I suggested, a full week before anyone would have pulled an inquiry, so the manager definitely got it stopped. You can call, but the notes on the account once it is cancelled are no different than when the manager removed it from the queue. So if you were to call they'd just look at the notes to see what happened when you called. No additional notes are added on something like that.

So you'll be fine. Glad you took care of it.

:search:

I am going to take that as a compliment :clapping:

'Cept I am now wondering what I said which made you think I'm a woman.....dare I ask? :search:

Nothing really led me to that conclusion. I guess I just got an image in my head. I remember when I wrote that thinking I didn't really know your gender. I think in this web-driven age, we really need a gender-neutral pronoun. If I offended you, of course, I'm sorry.

You didn't offend me in the least. I was just messin' with 'ya!

Settle, I called this morning and got transferred to a supervisor who said she removed it from the qeue and left a note on the account just in case it should go through by mistake. She said it had not gone to Amex yet and she removed it so it would not go there and that the note would be there in case it did go through to Amex and that the note would be seen by anyone trying to approve me. Or, worst case scenario, if it did go through, the note would be proof that it should be reversed because it was stopped. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I really hope that is the end of it because I have had experiences with CC companies where they tell you they will do something and then they don't.

Do you think I should call back in a couple of days to make sure it was actually cancelled?

You'll be fine. It is not tough to get the request removed, and you did exactly as I suggested, a full week before anyone would have pulled an inquiry, so the manager definitely got it stopped. You can call, but the notes on the account once it is cancelled are no different than when the manager removed it from the queue. So if you were to call they'd just look at the notes to see what happened when you called. No additional notes are added on something like that.

So you'll be fine. Glad you took care of it.

I feel a lot better now. I would have been very unhappy had that app gone through and I was saddled with another CC with no history that I would never have used plus a hard inq on my CR. Thanks so much for all your help.

I feel a lot better now. I would have been very unhappy had that app gone through and I was saddled with another CC with no history that I would never have used plus a hard inq on my CR. Thanks so much for all your help.

No problem. I am happy you're OK with the way it turned out. It took some of your time, but it didn't cost anything beyond that.

On to something more important, eh?

I know this thread is pretty old but I'm wondering if there has been any internal "update" Settle could shed light on regarding this policy changing? I just got my Macy's card a few months back and finally got around to calling them about what my CL is and asking them if they could please report it so my utilization % goes down. The girl gave me the whole "we don't do Credit Limits anymore" schpiel. She seemed to think it was pretty stupid too. I haven't been to CreditBoards in years but immediately logged back on to search for "Macy's" to see what the heck was up with this. The girl on the phone actually said to me that they might be changing it soon. Seems like it's pretty likely if a customer service rep is telling a random caller about the possibility without me even asking. Any insight, Settle?

I'll probably still use the card for the discounts, as I PIF every month, but I really would like credit limit reported to decrease my overall utilization % (or is that still how it works...like I said I haven't been on in years).

I know this thread is pretty old but I'm wondering if there has been any internal "update" Settle could shed light on regarding this policy changing? I just got my Macy's card a few months back and finally got around to calling them about what my CL is and asking them if they could please report it so my utilization % goes down. The girl gave me the whole "we don't do Credit Limits anymore" schpiel. She seemed to think it was pretty stupid too. I haven't been to CreditBoards in years but immediately logged back on to search for "Macy's" to see what the heck was up with this. The girl on the phone actually said to me that they might be changing it soon. Seems like it's pretty likely if a customer service rep is telling a random caller about the possibility without me even asking. Any insight, Settle?

I'll probably still use the card for the discounts, as I PIF every month, but I really would like credit limit reported to decrease my overall utilization % (or is that still how it works...like I said I haven't been on in years).

Yes, we've been telling people it is temporary since the decision was handed down. We hate it. Well, let me change that: out of the 5,000 of us, most every one of us hate it.

We have not, and still do not, have a specific date for the end of this policy. We are coming up on 6 months for the new policy, and since the decision was made by our underwriting bank, we are hoping the end will come at the six month mark. However, we just don't get an answer until it actually happens.

We hate it....

We hate it....

I do feel for you guys, Settle. Are you getting a lot of complaints? I know I gave the CSR and earful when she told me about the new policy (though I made a point of telling her I knew it wasn't her decision). Do the complaints get passed up the line so the execs know people aren't happy?

We hate it....

I do feel for you guys, Settle. Are you getting a lot of complaints? I know I gave the CSR and earful when she told me about the new policy (though I made a point of telling her I knew it wasn't her decision). Do the complaints get passed up the line so the execs know people aren't happy?

It depends on what you mean by a " lot ", but by most measures, yes. Yes, we've been bitching about it for months, but the decision was made above them, by our underwriting bank, so we can only hope it will get passed north, then towards the bank. We are a long way from the decision....

Um, I expect to see an announcement that they are filing for Bankruptcy .........

there is never anyone in the stores here.

Macy's won't be filing anytime soon. They 3rd quarter earnings were the best in ten heafrs. They are hiring about 3500 full time, part time & temp employees & they have aligned there business model & over head costs as well as here health care plans inline with the current economy.

I'm cancelling mine. I don't care if it changes again in the future....

I've been going to Macy's frequently lately, spending anywhere from $150 - $400 a pop... then I pay the card off within a week or two of when I make the purchase. Well, this past weekend, I made a purchase that ended up being $301 (after the discount for using the card) .... DECLINED. I had a bunch of stuff, so I paid for it with my Discover card ($338 or something with no discount). How embarasing! I liked to use this card for the extra discounts, but screw it. I can buy clothes somewhere else and use a card that I know won't be declined...

I've been going to Macy's frequently lately, spending anywhere from $150 - $400 a pop... then I pay the card off within a week or two of when I make the purchase. Well, this past weekend, I made a purchase that ended up being $301 (after the discount for using the card) .... DECLINED. I had a bunch of stuff, so I paid for it with my Discover card ($338 or something with no discount). How embarasing! I liked to use this card for the extra discounts, but screw it. I can buy clothes somewhere else and use a card that I know won't be declined...

This is EXACTLY the type of predictable BS we figured Macy's/Citi would casually inflict on loyal customers w/ the no stated/reported limit policy that begs the question: Is Macy's/Citi tripping?

Who could blame you for cancelling and not looking back. Unless of course you felt like playing their new game show called, "What's my Limit?" again :swoon:

That is ridiculous. I have been going to Macy's letting my DD shop

with the Macy's gift cards that I cashed out my points when I closed

my AMEX Delta CC. CC that I have to wonder what is going to happen

when I use them I am not using anymore. I will use Macy's CC with one of the million coupons I keep receiving for now every 6 to 7 months and PIF before statement cut to keep active and to get a Myfico alert. The only thing

it is good for now is to let keep aging.

This is EXACTLY the type of predictable BS we figured Macy's/Citi would casually inflict on loyal customers w/ the no stated/reported limit policy that begs the question: Is Macy's/Citi tripping?

It's Citi? Weird. I have two Citi cards with 5 figure limits on them (and $0 balance)... I wonder why they can give me those credit limits but not approve a tiny purchase in-store on a card I always pay off?

Just a heads up. Macy's reported a balance about 6 days later than its regular reporting date. I almost always pay this one a few days before cutoff. Followed the same procedure this month(paid current balance) and the balance was reported because I used the card a few days after its normal cutoff. That new balance reported. Maybe they're changing the normal reporting date. Or, maybe they are just going to report randomly now. Hope not.

Edited by TrevorHere

Just a heads up. Macy's reported a balance about 6 days later than its regular reporting date. I almost always pay this one a few days before cutoff. Followed the same procedure this month(paid current balance) and the balance was reported because I used the card a few days after its normal cutoff. That new balance reported. Maybe they're changing the normal reporting date. Or, maybe they are just going to report randomly now. Hope not.

Thanks for the heads up. Now it seems they report whenever.

I will PIF maybe a few days after charge whenever if ever I use

it again.

it again.

Yeah, I paid in fully in July before the normal report date and they reported a balance until just a couple of days ago. I have no idea what their reporting schedule is now. My Macy's card has now been relegated to a "small purchase every few months to keep it open" card. It's a shame. I used to use it a lot, but I will not subject myself to potential humiliation. I'll just shop elsewhere.

I hope they know they're cutting their own throat over this policy.

it again.

Yeah, I paid in fully in July before the normal report date and they reported a balance until just a couple of days ago. I have no idea what their reporting schedule is now. My Macy's card has now been relegated to a "small purchase every few months to keep it open" card. It's a shame. I used to use it a lot, but I will not subject myself to potential humiliation. I'll just shop elsewhere.

I hope they know they're cutting their own throat over this policy.

I'm fine with the non-limit reporting, but I don't appreciate the random balance reporting. I only allow 5-6 card accounts to report a balance at any time during the month- to satisfy FICO. Except for once every year or so, this account is NOT one of them.

I'm fine with the non-limit reporting, but I don't appreciate the random balance reporting. I only allow 5-6 card accounts to report a balance at any time during the month- to satisfy FICO. Except for once every year or so, this account is NOT one of them.

My biggest issue is still the "What's My Limit?" game they force us to play now. Ridiculous way to manage credit.

I just saw that one the "negative factors" on my credit report was a revolving account not reporting a limit. I would charge $50 or so and use one of the 15% off coupons, and pay it off immediately, but I just closed my account and will not be shopping at Macy's anymore. No credit line amount makes it impossible to manage your credit.

I have a somewhat different experience with Macy's. I used my Macy's American Express card in the store back in July, and two days later scheduled a payment to the same American Express card via Bill Pay from my bank. You'd expect that the balance on the card to be zero? Wrong!

Two days ago I received a statement that I owe Macy's with a *polite* reminder that I am past due. WTF? I immediately logged into Macy's website, and looked at the statement, and it appears that the payment I made to American Express card is showing as a credit of "-$xx.xx", and there is a separate "Store" card statement showing a Balance of "$xx.xx", plus interest charges of $2.00, and a late payment fee of $5.00.

I was very irate, and called the customer service to complain. It's now taken care of on my account, with both the AMEX account and the "Store" account reading zero balances (according to the rep, can't see it online yet) ....

BUT ... (a) I make a purchase in Macy's store, (B) using Macy's AMEX card and © make a payment to the Macy's AMEX card, yet incur a late fee... what's wrong with this picture?

My biggest issue is still the "What's My Limit?" game they force us to play now. Ridiculous way to manage credit.

I have a lot of issues with it now.

The no reporting the limit (Didn't seem to affect score when there was a balance, except for helping with overall util. When I did let a balance

report they took almost 3 months to update it back to 0.

The not knowing what your limit is and having to call to make sure

you can charge something or take the chance it will be approved

is utterly ridculous.

Now charging and PIF before statement and charging after statement

can now be reported is the last straw for me. I will just let the

card sit and if they ever go back to being a regular credit card

again I will use it every 6 months again. If they don't in a year

I will just close it.

Edit to add the one that burns me up the most

is they have'nt sent out one peep of info

about any of these crazy changes.

Edited by wanabe