Sign in to follow this  
JR81

WTF Macy's

Settle can you please answer my question? Thanks.

Of course. The thread has made it to 7 pages at this point, so I am not sure which question you want me to answer. If you can reduce my search time for your last question, then I would be happy to answer the latest Q.

Settle can you please answer my question? Thanks.

Of course. The thread has made it to 7 pages at this point, so I am not sure which question you want me to answer. If you can reduce my search time for your last question, then I would be happy to answer the latest Q.

Yeah I thought you must of missed it. Thanks

When you say new changes are you hinting things may go back to the way they were? Also what happens to the club account if it doesn't? Do I still have two lines of credit or just one now?

Yeah I thought you must of missed it. Thanks

When you say new changes are you hinting things may go back to the way they were? Also what happens to the club account if it doesn't? Do I still have two lines of credit or just one now?

OK, now I know why I did not respond yet: the questions you asked above have not been answered yet, or the answers have not been handed down to my level. I am a direct interface to the customer, and the final answers are not available yet for us. They may have decided at the executive level, but we don't know about this level until we are ready to give it to the customers.

So unfortunately I don't have an complete answer yet. Sorry. :dntknw:

I went to macys and decided to use my regular amex to avoid this drama. Fraud alert. Ha.

Penfed Visa, to the rescue!

On a separate note: Macys rep didnt remove security tag. I beep when I walk out, go back to a different counter, rep feels around, says nope you're good, musta been your keys. I beep again as I walk out. Go to my car and SURE ENOUGH the tag is on. I walk back in and say you were wrong, the tag is on. She's like do you have the receipt. I said... are you kidding me... I was in here TWO seconds ago, you just saw me walk back in, AND you yourself checked the very pants I am holding.

I get to my house, the first rep gave me the wrong pants, long instead of regular. Now I have to go back to return them. Sigh Macys. So many reasons to stop shopping with you, I can't chose just one.

I would have to say I went shopping at Macy's a few days ago and used my Macy's card with no problems just swiped my card, no call was made for approvaland my shopping expense was way over $300.00 in one day,( as should say I did have a $4,800.00 limit which is gone with the wind) although if Macy's gave me any trouble at all to even wanting to verify anything I would have said forget it I am not using my Macy's card, would have pulled out my Prime cc's and would have told the cashier which card does Macy's want to pay MERCHANT FEE'S to LOL LOL

I highly doubt macys has lost many customers over this. I would guess most people dont even know about it. I didnt until I saw this thread. And I have used the card since the changes happened.

Most people will be like me and just go use the card knowing (or thinking as it turns out) that they have plenty of available credit and unless they get declined will not even notice the changes. Especially since the changes will be changed again in a couple of weeks.

Then there are all of the people who dont even use the card during these changes that will also probably not notice. This close after christmas a lot of us poor people arent making any purchases because we spent a bunch on christmas and are rebuilding ;)

No reason to call.

So you're fine then, you have everything you need. That's great. :search:

Settle, you've gone from helpful, to "don't you dare tell me I don't know what I'm talking about", and landed squarely on "passive-aggressive CSR with a major 'tude."

Definitely, no reason to call... can't wait for your response to the screen shots, though. Grabbing popcorn...

You know what, Reformed. That is totally uncalled for. Settle has given us a lot of valuable information on these boards and has helped a lot people. And she doesn't have to and probably won't if attitudes like yours prevail.

I, for one, appreciate Settle.

You, on the other hand, can go elsewhere if your attitude doesn't improve as far as I'm concerned.

No reason to call.

Settle, you've gone from helpful, to "don't you dare tell me I don't know what I'm talking about", and landed squarely on "passive-aggressive CSR with a major 'tude."

Definitely, no reason to call... can't wait for your response to the screen shots, though. Grabbing popcorn...

I see no "tude" by Settle. He's been more than helpful here.

Edited by TrevorHere

You know what, Reformed. That is totally uncalled for. Settle has given us a lot of valuable information on these boards and has helped a lot people. And she doesn't have to and probably won't if attitudes like yours prevail.

+1

No reason to call.

I see no "tude" by Settle. He's been more than helpful here.

I agree, I appreciate all Settle has done with answering questions and giving feedback..

Not to mention, when reps are actually knowledgable and willing to help, yet customers are adamant about their own views, all one can expect is the rep to offer to help, nicely.

Settle did that, and suggested, rightly so, that a phone conversation would be more productive than back and forth two liners on a forum.

Being in customer service, I start with every customer with a smile on my face. However, I refuse to have the same conversation with one person for 5 minutes. If you chose not to listen, or discuss something in a productive manner and just continue repeating 'no you're wrong i'm right, you're wrong i'm right', then i'd be just as sarcastic as settle so subtly was. Only with me it'd be a fake smile on my face and say "So you're good to go? Great. Have a nice day".

Yeah, I have to say that RCJ was doing too much. I don't know that I would be as willing to answer questions as Settle has been if I worked for a creditor.

Edited by blackberry74

I just found this all out yesterday when I called Macy's with a simple question. Then I inquired about a CLI since I have used the card a lot in the last few months. The rep informed me that there are no CLs any longer and I need to check when I make a purchase to see if I am covered for it. I didn't know this and I charged up almost $500 in the last couple of months. They never declined me. I did have CL of $7000 when they still had CLs. However, I stopped using the card for a whole year because of their high interest rates and, the rep informed me, it had been lowered to $5,500 due to non use. That is OK. I would have been OK with that. But, no CLs is not acceptable. I know that will lower my credit scores as I had that same problem with the Nordstrom Signature card so I converted that one to the Nordstrom Visa.

Anyway, the rep told me I could request the Macy's Amex and that the Macy's Amex does have a CL. He also said they would not pull a hard inq to check and see if they will deem me worthy of that card. My question is: What is their criteria for making that decision? I asked the rep but he did not answer, just kept asking if I wanted him to put in the request. Since he said there is no hard inq I said yes. My second question: is there a CL on the Amex (because I think I read in this thread that it is the same, no CL).

I just found this all out yesterday when I called Macy's with a simple question. Then I inquired about a CLI since I have used the card a lot in the last few months. The rep informed me that there are no CLs any longer and I need to check when I make a purchase to see if I am covered for it. I didn't know this and I charged up almost $500 in the last couple of months. They never declined me. I did have CL of $7000 when they still had CLs. However, I stopped using the card for a whole year because of their high interest rates and, the rep informed me, it had been lowered to $5,500 due to non use. That is OK. I would have been OK with that. But, no CLs is not acceptable.

Anyway, the rep told me I could request the Macy's Amex and that the Macy's Amex does have a CL. He also said they would not pull a hard inq to check and see if they will deem me worthy of that card. My question is: What is their criteria for making that decision? I asked the rep but he did not answer, just kept asking if I wanted him to put in the request. Since he said there is no hard inq I said yes. My second question: is there a CL on the Amex (because I think I read in this thread that it is the same, no CL).

You really want to call back and speak with someone else. Federal Law requires we pull a new report to give you a new credit account like an AMEX It is a totally new account if you get one, not a replacement for the store account. There is no " conversion " between our store and AMEX accounts. We do it differently than Nordstrom, we create a second account for an AMEX, and you end up with the same store account and a new one for the Macy's AMEX.

I know that will lower my credit scores as I had that same problem with the Nordstrom Signature card so I converted that one to the Nordstrom Visa.

What makes you believe it will change your credit score?

You, on the other hand, can go elsewhere if your attitude doesn't improve as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, we definitely have a limit on all our AMEX accounts. However, within each of those physical cards is a separate store account, however, and the second account, a store account, has no limit.

I am going to take that as a compliment :clapping:

'Cept I am now wondering what I said which made you think I'm a woman.....dare I ask? :search:

Edited by Settle

I just found this all out yesterday when I called Macy's with a simple question. Then I inquired about a CLI since I have used the card a lot in the last few months. The rep informed me that there are no CLs any longer and I need to check when I make a purchase to see if I am covered for it. I didn't know this and I charged up almost $500 in the last couple of months. They never declined me. I did have CL of $7000 when they still had CLs. However, I stopped using the card for a whole year because of their high interest rates and, the rep informed me, it had been lowered to $5,500 due to non use. That is OK. I would have been OK with that. But, no CLs is not acceptable.

You really want to call back and speak with someone else. Federal Law requires we pull a new report to give you a new credit account like an AMEX It is a totally new account if you get one, not a replacement for the store account. There is no " conversion " between our store and AMEX accounts. We do it differently than Nordstrom, we create a second account for an AMEX, and you end up with the same store account and a new one for the Macy's AMEX.

I know that will lower my credit scores as I had that same problem with the Nordstrom Signature card so I converted that one to the Nordstrom Visa.

What makes you believe it will change your credit score?

Now I am totally annoyed. The guy I spoke to (outsourced, I am sure) could hardly speak English. I told me three different times that they only look at your credit but it is a soft pull. If it shows up on my CR as an inq I will be asking them to remove it.

Like I said, the Nordstrom Signature card did not report a CL and when I got it my scores tanked by about 30 points plus I got a reason code from myfico that said I was showing balances were too high for the CL, that I was holding balances close to my CLs. I called and asked Nordstrom to convert me back to the Nordstrom Visa and they did. Once they started reporting my CLs again, my scores went back up and the negative reason code went away.

I am going to look up my CR and if I see an inq I think I will go ballistic.

Edited by lorcan

Now I am totally annoyed. The guy I spoke to could hardly speak English. I told me three different times that they only look at your credit but it is a soft pull. If it shows up on my CR as an inq I will be asking them to remove it.

Like I said, the Nordstrom Signature card did not report a CL and when I got it my scores tanked by about 30 points plus I got a reason code from myfico that said I was showing balances were too high for the CL, that I was holding balances close to my CLs. I called and asked Nordstrom to convert me back to the Nordstrom Visa and they did. Once they started reporting my CLs again, my scores went back up and the negative reason code went away.

Yeah, I am really sorry about the incorrect information. You won't see the inquiry for a few weeks, we do those with a manual review a week or two after your request. You " may " be able to stop it, by the way, if it was a recent request within the last week or so. Call during the day, ask to speak with a manager, tell them you do not want a new inquiry, and ask the manager (we call them leads or " supervisors " who can send it to the right department to have the request cancelled. The manager/supervisor can see if the hard inquiry has already been pulled. We can all see them on the account when they are there, but some of the rookies don't know what they look like so you're better off asking a lead/manager to discover if it is already done. It if is not already there, the manager can most likely stop it from happening.

Now I am totally annoyed. The guy I spoke to could hardly speak English. I told me three different times that they only look at your credit but it is a soft pull. If it shows up on my CR as an inq I will be asking them to remove it.

Yeah, I am really sorry about the incorrect information. You won't see the inquiry for a few weeks, we do those with a manual review a week or two after your request. You " may " be able to stop it, by the way, if it was a recent request within the last week or so. Call during the day, ask to speak with a manager, tell them you do not want a new inquiry, and ask the manager (we call them leads or " supervisors " who can send it to the right department to have the request cancelled. The manager/supervisor can see if the hard inquiry has already been pulled. We can all see them on the account when they are there, but some of the rookies don't know what they look like so you're better off asking a lead/manager to discover if it is already done. It if is not already there, the manager can most likely stop it from happening.

Thank you so much. I am glad I posted here. I just spoke to the guy last night so I will call tomorrow and ask what the status is. I did not see any hard inq on my CR as yet. I do not want one, especially on EX since it stays on for two years and I do not want a second CC at any rate.

Thank you so much. I am glad I posted here. I just spoke to the guy last night so I will call tomorrow and ask what the status is. I did not see any hard inq on my CR as yet. I do not want one, especially on EX since it stays on for two years and I do not want a second CC at any rate.

Good news then. If it was only yesterday then we can stop it.

Call tomorrow, ask to speak with a manager, and they can definitely stop the hard inquiry. Let us know if the manager is able to stop it.

Good news then. If it was only yesterday then we can stop it.

Call tomorrow, ask to speak with a manager, and they can definitely stop the hard inquiry. Let us know if the manager is able to stop it.

Thanks. I will report back tomorrow.

Settle, I called this morning and got transferred to a supervisor who said she removed it from the qeue and left a note on the account just in case it should go through by mistake. She said it had not gone to Amex yet and she removed it so it would not go there and that the note would be there in case it did go through to Amex and that the note would be seen by anyone trying to approve me. Or, worst case scenario, if it did go through, the note would be proof that it should be reversed because it was stopped. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I really hope that is the end of it because I have had experiences with CC companies where they tell you they will do something and then they don't.

Do you think I should call back in a couple of days to make sure it was actually cancelled?

I am going to take that as a compliment :clapping:

'Cept I am now wondering what I said which made you think I'm a woman.....dare I ask? :search:

Nothing really led me to that conclusion. I guess I just got an image in my head. I remember when I wrote that thinking I didn't really know your gender. I think in this web-driven age, we really need a gender-neutral pronoun. If I offended you, of course, I'm sorry.

Settle, I called this morning and got transferred to a supervisor who said she removed it from the qeue and left a note on the account just in case it should go through by mistake. She said it had not gone to Amex yet and she removed it so it would not go there and that the note would be there in case it did go through to Amex and that the note would be seen by anyone trying to approve me. Or, worst case scenario, if it did go through, the note would be proof that it should be reversed because it was stopped. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I really hope that is the end of it because I have had experiences with CC companies where they tell you they will do something and then they don't.

Do you think I should call back in a couple of days to make sure it was actually cancelled?

Bump