Sign in to follow this  
JR81

WTF Macy's

I called today to see what my available credit was. The automated system didn't tell me my credit line, so I had to wait until 9am when they opened. I was just informed that effective yesterday there are no more credit lines. Instead Macy's will either approve or decline your purchase at the time of sale. This makes no sense what so ever!

It kind of makes you want to not shop in the store. Who wants to get embarrassed by being declined for a purchase they thought they had available credit for??

They figured that one out. I forgot to add you can call a CSR before you shop to avoid that..

They figured that one out. I forgot to add you can call a CSR before you shop to avoid that..

Yeah but who wants to call and ask permission to buy something...that would make me feel like a child.

Uhh is this something new for new cards all old cards too?

You mean whatever credit line you had you don't have anymore.

All cards. This started yesterday. My club account and my revolving store account are both gone!

Yes whatever you had for a limit no longer exists.

Edited by JR81

It would make me not even fool with them and their card anymore.

I only have been using mine every 6 months anyway. I only go there

every 6 months because of all those freakin coupons they keep sending.

All cards. This started yesterday. My club account and my revolving store account are both gone!

Yes whatever you had for a limit no longer exists.

Wow is all I got to say!

When I asked the CSR if a credit pull was going to be needed every time I needed permission to shop, she hesitated and told me "I don't believe so.." bleh

It would make me not even fool with them and their card anymore.

I only have been using mine every 6 months anyway. I only go there

every 6 months because of all those freakin coupons they keep sending.

See, I shop there frequently and always use the card esp when I get a discount to do so. But I def wouldn't want to be embarrassed nor do I want to have to call ahead of time, yes I am an impulse buyer :lol:

Not sure how Macy's thinks this will improve sales or cardholder relationships...

It's almost like using an AMEX :P

IMO that may be why they are doing it, to align with their amex/macy's cards

BS, even amex will let you know what your 'comfort level' is. Macys just sucks on so many levels.

Well...I did say almost like AMEX. <_<

It's nice that they can send their catalogs in the mail every couple weeks, but can't think to send their beloved customers a simple letter explaining their card changes. :/

Good gravy, what are they thinking???!!! I'll be putting that one in the sock drawer pronto. Having any balance whatsoever would kill utilization since they aren't going to report a limit. salamanders.

:aggressive:

Just got this card a month ago, hoping to build it since they got a lot of nice home stuff. Hopefully they tell us something before a get denied at the register for buying a new glassware set or something one day I decide to go in :glare:

~JD

Good gravy, what are they thinking???!!! I'll be putting that one in the sock drawer pronto. Having any balance whatsoever would kill utilization since they aren't going to report a limit. salamanders.

:aggressive:

But then it won't count towards utilization, if they don't report the credit limits, like Amex charge cards. Right?

I'm really sick and tired of Macys the way they've been changing their credit card accounts. First they stop reporting credit limits, now they've eliminated credit limits!?!?! I think it's time to close out this account and move over to Nordstrom.

I'm sure thousands of others are feeling the same way.

Don't forget the "You can't get an Macys card without a 700 score, no matter what". Settle, if you chime in here, is that only for Macys Amex, or store cards too?

Don't forget the "You can't get an Macys card without a 700 score, no matter what". Settle, if you chime in here, is that only for Macys Amex, or store cards too?

I have a Macy's card and I had no where near a 700 when I got it. It's the store card, not the Amex version.