Sign in to follow this  
TylerDurden

NFCU LOCKED ALL MY ACCOUNTS - CHECKING & CREDIT

I got a small taste of NFCU's bad side this week. I just paid off my used vehicle loan with Navy, sold the car, and applied for another used auto loan. Nothing extreme, just $9,500 for an '05 Accord. "Because of my excellent prior payment history, I was instantly approved" I was told by a Navy loan officer at the used car dealership. They said the check would be in the mail the next day. Three days later, I still had not received anything in the mail or heard from Navy. I called them up, and was told the loan had been cancelled and I needed to return the car to the dealership ASAP. I was livid. After speaking to a manager, she told me she could "possibly push the loan through" if I sent in ALL of my taxes records for the last FIVE years (I'm 21, I didn't even file taxes at 15), but I would still need to return the car to the dealership in the meantime. Another random rep told me "a kid my age can't make $45,000 a year right out of school." Overall, the experience was the opposite of what I'd expect from NFCU.

I stopped by a local credit union right after that phone call, and they instantly approved me for the auto loan (at 6% vs. Navy's 13%), cut me a cashier's check right there, and I headed down to the dealership with a smile. :) I got lucky, but NFCU's complete lack of communication could've cost me a LOT of money. Still haven't received a straight answer from them on why they went all gestapo on me.

Edited by spigot

Her father is retired Marine Corps

(I apologize for the typo, I have much respect for our military members)

My father is a retired Vet, but not a member of NFCU

I sent them 7 documents proving proof of residence and that I live with my gf.

They unlocked all of her accounts.

We asked for a call back from the security dept.

They did not call me back and all of my accounts are still locked, hers are fine.

I'm not sure what else they will need from me at this point.

Do you have to provide VOI to be a member and keep you accounts open?

My 2010 taxes are not done and 2009 won't support my apps.

P.S.

Nothing was mentioned as far as changed with my report,

and I never disputed those inquiries.

Her father is retired Marine Corps

(I apologize for the typo, I have much respect for our military members)

My father is a retired Vet, but not a member of NFCU

I sent them 7 documents proving proof of residence and that I live with my gf.

They unlocked all of her accounts.

We asked for a call back from the security dept.

They did not call me back and all of my accounts are still locked, hers are fine.

I'm not sure what else they will need from me at this point.

Do you have to provide VOI to be a member and keep you accounts open?

My 2010 taxes are not done and 2009 won't support my apps.

P.S.

Nothing was mentioned as far as changed with my report,

and I never disputed those inquiries.

I'm glad everything seems to be working out. Hang in there!

Also, maybe they would be happy with just the W2 for 2010, they may not need the actual tax returns.

Good luck! :)

Great. I'm glad it seems to be working out for you. Did they tell you what triggered the lock-out?

I got a small taste of NFCU's bad side this week. I just paid off my used vehicle loan with Navy, sold the car, and applied for another used auto loan. Nothing extreme, just $9,500 for an '05 Accord. "Because of my excellent prior payment history, I was instantly approved" I was told by a Navy loan officer at the used car dealership. They said the check would be in the mail the next day. Three days later, I still had not received anything in the mail or heard from Navy. I called them up, and was told the loan had been cancelled and I needed to return the car to the dealership ASAP. I was livid. After speaking to a manager, she told me she could "possibly push the loan through" if I sent in ALL of my taxes records for the last FIVE years (I'm 21, I didn't even file taxes at 15), but I would still need to return the car to the dealership in the meantime. Another random rep told me "a kid my age can't make $45,000 a year right out of school." Overall, the experience was the opposite of what I'd expect from NFCU.

I stopped by a local credit union right after that phone call, and they instantly approved me for the auto loan (at 6% vs. Navy's 13%), cut me a cashier's check right there, and I headed down to the dealership with a smile. :) I got lucky, but NFCU's complete lack of communication could've cost me a LOT of money. Still haven't received a straight answer from them on why they went all gestapo on me.

Wow!! That sounds like a horrible experience. And at the least the NFCU CSR was extremely presumptuous in regards to your age and income.

I'm glad everything worked out okay and you were able to secure other financing.

Enjoy your new car. :)

Edited by mmm

I hate to revive a dead thread, but I noticed something interesting on all three of my reports today. This "cancelled" loan has been reported to all three CRAs as an auto loan with an original balance of $10,780 that was paid off in one month. The paid off loan caused my FAKOs to jump about 20 points, although it's definitely going to hurt my AAOA. Should I keep it or dispute? Another positive tradeline is always nice, but I'm unsure how lenders would look at this under a manual review.

I hate to revive a dead thread, but I noticed something interesting on all three of my reports today. This "cancelled" loan has been reported to all three CRAs as an auto loan with an original balance of $10,780 that was paid off in one month. The paid off loan caused my FAKOs to jump about 20 points, although it's definitely going to hurt my AAOA. Should I keep it or dispute? Another positive tradeline is always nice, but I'm unsure how lenders would look at this under a manual review.

Personally, I'd ignore.

I'm curious as well! I posted a few weeks ago about a similar situation with a PSECU auto loan I obtained last month. I have PSECU double reporting on all 3 CRA's the auto loan but the accounts are off by one digit. One loan shows that I obtained and paid off the loan the same month and the other is accurate. It boosted my scores a decent amount as well.

On 3/22/2011 at 9:20 PM, TylerDurden said:

Anyone heard of this?

I can't access any of my checking, savings or credit cards.

I'm a new member, they approved me for $10K card when I joined and

a second $10K card 3 days ago.

The day I am supposed to get access to the second card, they lock

every account that I have. I have NO access to funds.

They did this to my sponsor as well who I joined under.

I have to call the fraud dept between 9am and 3pm tomorrow.

I have not late payments and nothing negative on credit reports or

anywhere. I am so confused.

WTF

Anyone seen a bank tie up all your accounts before?

Thanks

Frustrating!

On 2/24/2019 at 8:20 PM, cv91915 said:

Frustrating!

That time of the month for poor CV.  

Must be tough being CiC of the Whiny Little B!tch Brigade.

Edited by PotO

On 2/27/2019 at 7:37 AM, PotO said:

That time of the month for poor CV.  

Must be tough being CiC of the Whiny Little B!tch Brigade.

Time for PotO to back off!  Quit stirring up old stuff and sending a low blow!

26 minutes ago, MarvBear said:

Time for PotO to back off!  Quit stirring up old stuff and sending a low blow!

Actually, Marv, if you look carefully it is CV that is stirring up old stuff, not me.  

He is ressurecting 8-year-old dead threads.  

Then somebody needs to ignore someone else then whichever it is.  Im tired of dealing with the reports when I can't hibernate.

22 minutes ago, MarvBear said:

Then somebody needs to ignore someone else then whichever it is.  Im tired of dealing with the reports when I can't hibernate.

Another way to look at it is somebody needs to STFU and not resuscitate 1/2 a dozen 10-year-old threads just because they happen to be on the rag this week.   

If "somebody" complains without looking at the time stamps and noticing a drivel, nonsensical response to an 8-year-old closed and dead thread, maybe you could just send them over to myFUCO where people are still struggling with third grade reading comprehension.

20 minutes ago, MarvBear said:

PotO.  My public apologies.

No need to apologize, Marv.  Really.

Most people probably wouldn't notice the time stamps anyhow.