Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Child Protective Services workers told to lie to parents...

The last post in this topic was posted 3613 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Child Protective Services came into Branson's life after a bruise was spotted on one of the children's legs at school. Investigators showed up at her doorstep and Branson, who has a mental disability, agreed to cooperate with requests to temporarily hand over her children.

Stewart said this is a standard practice.

"That's where they get you," said Stewart. "That's their tactics. They are told to tell parents like May Lynn that if they cooperate, things will go better, if not they will file criminal charges. Most people would be afraid at that point and the voluntary cooperation sounds easier, but in fact, it's better if you force them to pursue criminal actions. That way, they at least have to prove what they are saying. Otherwise, they can do what they want."

Workers trained to pressure parents, says whistleblower

Stewart said as part of her initial training, she was told, "Parents don't know their rights and you should take advantage of that by walking all over them," she said.

This is the kind of stuff that makes people's cheese fall off their crackers. I mean seriously, w.t.f.

I am ALL about protecting a child first and foremost, from anyone. But that also means protecting them from Overzealous, and in some instances, evil CPS agents, judges and authorities. SMMFH.

CPS in our state is much different. They are not overzealous, they are lazy buffoons that do not want to do their job. In my profession we have to report abuse if it is indeed happening. A colleague reported that a pre-teen female was being molested by her grandfather and mother's boyfriend. CPS "We will look into this". Almost a year later same abuse happening, and girl still in said home (along with two younger sisters).

How in the hell can a child be considered abused because of "a" bruise, hell I have three bruises on my legs right now, my dd takes after me and is a klutz at times, bruise here bruise there.

CPS in our state is much different. They are not overzealous, they are lazy buffoons that do not want to do their job. In my profession we have to report abuse if it is indeed happening. A colleague reported that a pre-teen female was being molested by her grandfather and mother's boyfriend. CPS "We will look into this". Almost a year later same abuse happening, and girl still in said home (along with two younger sisters).

Umm. Just a question, but since you are in the field you're in... shouldn't you be doing more in an official capacity to make sure that CPS stays on top of this? :dntknw: Just askin.

Umm. Just a question, but since you are in the field you're in... shouldn't you be doing more in an official capacity to make sure that CPS stays on top of this? :dntknw: Just askin.

Not necessarily. We have an obligation to report if any client is being harmed or in serious danger, especially children. Once this is reported, and turned over to the agency that should handle this (CPS, law enforcement) there is little that can be done. In this example above it has been reported to both CPS and law enforcement at least twice.

However, if this were MY client I would try contacting someone up the chain, such as the DA.

We also have to be careful because in severely dysfunctional homes such as these reports of abuse lead to punishment and more abuse against child clients.

Given the choice I think I would prefer to see overzealous workers charging people where it is warranted, as opposed to CPS workers that sit on their hands when they are made aware of actual abuse.

I have little sympathy with abusers in any form. In example I mentioned, grandpa and mother's bf should be doing a long time behind bars. The logical first step (I would think)would be to remove girl from the hostile abusive environment and placed in one that is nurturing for a girl of her young age. Why nothing has happened is beyond me.

The last post in this topic was posted 3613 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.