Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

The Master American Express BackDating Thread - *Obsolete info*

The last post in this topic was posted 1557 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

That would likely make her a Jaguar. <_<

I used to want a Jaguar, but they aren't very appealing anymore. Not even the convertibles.

I used to want a Jaguar, but they aren't very appealing anymore. Not even the convertibles.

Xfr-s... drive one.. but I still wouldn't buy... Quattroporte gets my dollar at that level.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Xfr-s... drive one.. but I still wouldn't buy... Quattroporte gets my dollar at that level.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

XFR-S looks like a Nissan. I'd never spend a hundred thousand on a more powerful/stylized Altima.

For that matter, the Quattroporte reminds me of what could have been the next-gen 1990s Infiniti J30.

Cars are getting so boring.

Edited by cv91915

How long does it usually take Amex to report for the first time? I already got my first statement and PIF last week.

How long does it usually take Amex to report for the first time? I already got my first statement and PIF last week.

up to 3 statements.

or longer.

up to 3 statements.

or longer.

Lord that long? My CSP took 1 months

up to 3 statements.

I'm waiting not-so-patiently, too. Opened on May 6th, one statement already (several days ago) -- nothing reporting, yet. :cry2:

up to 3 statements.

I'm waiting not-so-patiently, too. Opened on May 6th, one statement already (several days ago) -- nothing reporting, yet. :cry2:

What year did you get backdated too? I am on 1995, but did live chat today too see if I can get it to 1994, when I got my first green card. Hope it worked! I guess I will find out tomorrow.

and my BofA reported the same day it was opened.

your point?

this is Amex.

up to 3 statements.

What year did you get backdated too? I am on 1995, but did live chat today too see if I can get it to 1994, when I got my first green card. Hope it worked! I guess I will find out tomorrow.

I've been a Proud Member Since 1982...! :clapping:

I'm so excited to be joining you guys, hopefully not too far in the future! I have to get through a refi first, and then some other little stuff and then ... wheeee.......

I just went through my files and found OLD credit reports. I'm talking about TRW, tractor-feed paper from the late 1980's. And not only did I have an AmEx back then, but I've had 3 over the years. All in good standing, and all -*sadly*- closed by me. Hanging my head in shame for believing that that was a good thing to do, prior to trying to get my first mortgage.

Oh well... at least I've got GOOD proof. Even found a letter from AmEx confirming that my account was closed - with full account number (not truncated like on reports) and my SSN. Now just to get a card so d* can begin!

Is green card the easiest? Any thoughts on that. I know, I know ... refi first.....

I'm so excited to be joining you guys, hopefully not too far in the future! I have to get through a refi first, and then some other little stuff and then ... wheeee.......

I just went through my files and found OLD credit reports. I'm talking about TRW, tractor-feed paper from the late 1980's. And not only did I have an AmEx back then, but I've had 3 over the years. All in good standing, and all -*sadly*- closed by me. Hanging my head in shame for believing that that was a good thing to do, prior to trying to get my first mortgage.

Oh well... at least I've got GOOD proof. Even found a letter from AmEx confirming that my account was closed - with full account number (not truncated like on reports) and my SSN. Now just to get a card so d* can begin!

Is green card the easiest? Any thoughts on that. I know, I know ... refi first.....

The Gold is just as easy as the Green, and if you get the PRG you'll get a bonus and no AF the first year. You can always PC it to a Green before the AF hits.

The Gold is just as easy as the Green, and if you get the PRG you'll get a bonus and no AF the first year. You can always PC it to a Green before the AF hits.

Good to know, thanks! Clearly, I have a bit more research and calculating to do.

Honestly, the Costco card or the Blue Cash would both be good fits for me, but I understand those are a bit "harder" to get.

Even without d* my AAOA is 10 or 11 years, so maybe this won't make a huge difference. But that's with only 5 open accounts and I want to start adding some other CC's (have not even ap'ed in over 5 years) and this would be a great buffer.

So, so impatient for this refi ....

Good to know, thanks! Clearly, I have a bit more research and calculating to do.

Honestly, the Costco card or the Blue Cash would both be good fits for me, but I understand those are a bit "harder" to get.

Even without d* my AAOA is 10 or 11 years, so maybe this won't make a huge difference. But that's with only 5 open accounts and I want to start adding some other CC's (have not even ap'ed in over 5 years) and this would be a great buffer.

So, so impatient for this refi ....

If you want a higher starting CL they are, but I just opened a BCP in May with a 660 EX FICO. The starting limit sucks, but now I have two 22 year old Amices.

If you want a higher starting CL they are, but I just opened a BCP in May with a 660 EX FICO. The starting limit sucks, but now I have two 22 year old Amices.

That's great, though!

61 days later and you can try for a CLI, right?

And in the meantime, you get to enjoy the impact of your 22 yo Amices :clapping:

That's great, though!

61 days later and you can try for a CLI, right?

And in the meantime, you get to enjoy the impact of your 22 yo Amices :clapping:

Yes and yes.

I made a tradeoff for an aged tradeline.

It's the principle of the thing,

go for the extra year.

Took your advice and went for it. Checked login today and MSD is now 94. Thanks!

(Mod) Since you're approving this post please make sure I'm allowed to ask this, thanks!

TL;DR - Looking for an AMEX AU to backdate for me, willing to pay for one of your monthly monitoring services. Contract will last until I get an AMEX backdated. I am looking for someone with 10+ years history.

I was wondering if there is a site or someone on this website; who usually offers their services as an AU. I would be willing to pay for someone's monthly monitoring in exchange possibly. I personally will not have a FICO score until October because up until this point I did not have 6 months of credit history in the last 10 years. I was an all cash and no credit kind of guy and I screwed myself I think starting out. I currently have 3 clean reports, two secured cards (since February) and one shared secured loan (since March).

My ultimate goal is to get a unsecured Capital One, AMEX BCE, Wells Fargo, Discover it and Suncoast Credit unsecured card for starters. I will be apping for all 5 in October. I should have 0 TU and 0 EQ inquiries by then thanks to the B* thread! Unfortunately EX has 7 inquiries. :(

:lol::rolleyes::rofl:

No reason to EVER get a Green!!

Guest cani2007

I have a question for you guys sharper than me. I currently have all scores above 730 with credit lines that exceed 25k. My question is this, back in the 1990's I had a charge off with Amex Platinum. I currently have a BOA Amex (I know not a real Amex). The question is would it be possible for Amex to approve me without dealing with their payback plan first. I thank you in advance for your help

Just adding a data point since it's a unique situation:

Was AU on 4 of GF's Amex accounts opened in 2006. All revolvers. Accounts were closed in 2009 after we refused to play nice during an FR attempt. Applied for Platinum & Delta Gold two days apart. Platinum was sent UPS and arrived with 2014 member since. Delta showed up shortly after with a 2006 member since. Called and requested a chip and sig platinum be sent and it showed up with 2006 member since. When the accounts reported they are both opened in 2006 on my reports.

Thought it was interesting that the charge showed up without D* but the revolver has it. Really curious what would have happened if I'd only applied for the Platinum.

Talked to my dad and he has a Amex BEC, he opened couple years back. When he was married to my step mom he was an AU on her Amex in 1985. They divorced in 1990 & took him off her account. He didn't have an online account so I set one up today. His MSD is 2010. So I did online chat for him & told them (I had to pretend I was him, he was ok with it) that he was AU on ex wifes account opened in 1985. She had me verify his birthdate and info on card. She then said new card would be here 7-10 days. So I will login tomorrow and see if he was approved. Now I was also an AU on my stepmoms card in 1987 when I was in high school. We went on a summer school trip with our swim team, too Buffalo NY & even went to Niagara falls! My step mom put me on her account so I had that card in case of emergency. If they find my dads AU any chance they will find mine? I have not talked to my step mom in about 5 years, since she moved out of state. I would have no way too find out account number etc. Is it even worth a try, since I already had mine backdated to 95 then 94 a few days ago? Should I wait a few months? Damn Id love to have 1987 lol

The last post in this topic was posted 1557 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.