The Master American Express BackDating Thread - *Obsolete info*

The last post in this topic was posted 1872 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

just to update I called Amex's credit bureau line and they said they don't do that anymore. they blamed it on the 2011 changes that changed the *D of AU cards as well.

however, I already disputed the account with the CRAs. it came off TU instantly, still waiting on EX/EQ.

so the disputes came back verified. so I called EX and got a man on the phone who was great. he saw the issue before I could even finish telling him about it and he went ahead and deleted the account while I was on the phone.

I think someone else said that they've had much better luck with men CSRs at the CRAs than women. I can certainly concur. every other time I've gotten a woman and it's been a pain to get anything done.

now I'm going to call EQ and hoping for the same kind of luck.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No.

Received my new True Earnings (Costco) card today. Member since says "13" only, No month at all.

I'm wondering if I can get this D* to 2009 when I first joined costco. Anyone try that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This morning I called regarding my True Earnings Costco AMEX that has 2013 opening and inquired whether they could backdate to 1990 as my member status is listed. I had an old 1990 AMEX Gold that closed after a long ago BK. They said no they couldn't but if I applied for another card they could indicate 1990 on the card. I was transferred to new cards and explained what I was hoping to do and she said it would have to be handled by a CSR. We got a hold of another CSR, the new card lady stayed on the line and the CSR indicated that she could change my date on the Costco card back to 1990 and would issue a new one. And, since I still had the new account lady available, I applied for the AMEX Platininum and was subsequently approved. I expect both to have a 1990 date now and if not, I'll contact CSR about the Platinum if it doesn't. Seeing as the Costco replacement card will be 1990, I don't expect there to be a problem with the Platinum.

I think that's a change from less than 1 year open account on the Costco card to 24 years and another 24 years added with the Platinum card. I'll post confirmation if this pans out and the CRAs confirm the change in AAOA.

I just re-read your question and realize I didn't read it carefuly. Bob answered your question already. Costco membership join date has nothing to do with it.

Did however receive the AMEX platinum. It says 90.

Received my new True Earnings (Costco) card today. Member since says "13" only, No month at all.

I'm wondering if I can get this D* to 2009 when I first joined costco. Anyone try that?

This morning I called regarding my True Earnings Costco AMEX that has 2013 opening and inquired whether they could backdate to 1990 as my member status is listed. I had an old 1990 AMEX Gold that closed after a long ago BK. They said no they couldn't but if I applied for another card they could indicate 1990 on the card. I was transferred to new cards and explained what I was hoping to do and she said it would have to be handled by a CSR. We got a hold of another CSR, the new card lady stayed on the line and the CSR indicated that she could change my date on the Costco card back to 1990 and would issue a new one. And, since I still had the new account lady available, I applied for the AMEX Platininum and was subsequently approved. I expect both to have a 1990 date now and if not, I'll contact CSR about the Platinum if it doesn't. Seeing as the Costco replacement card will be 1990, I don't expect there to be a problem with the Platinum.

I think that's a change from less than 1 year open account on the Costco card to 24 years and another 24 years added with the Platinum card. I'll post confirmation if this pans out and the CRAs confirm the change in AAOA.

Honestly, in my experience, I had to call back to get new cards.

Even though Amex had me in the system as of 2006, on both of my new cards, er, expecting all 3, they had me as of 2014.

Ok, here is a new one.

I had a personal Amex gold back in 2006, closed shortly after.

My wife got Amex Delta in 2008, and added me as AU in 2012, which my card stated.

As with current Amex AU policies, this is the case.

A week ago, after I got approved for my Delta Plat, we decided to switch my wife's Delta Gold to Blue Cash Preferred. Today I got the card... and to my amazement and surprise... the card has a member since date of 2006.

Will see if it updates with credit reports next month.

Will see if it updates with credit reports next month.

if you're talking about your AU account, no. my AU cards said 2005 but they still reported to the CRAs as 2013. when I called and complained, they told me that's how it works. they *D the AU card for you if you want, but they don't *D AUs with the CRAs.

After following this thread for 65 pages over many months, I finally decided to try to get some D*. I had a corporate Amex green in 2005 that was secured by my company (cause my credit was so bad back then), but it doesn't report to CRAs. I got the Amex BCP and PRG in September 2012 and the Blue in Jan 2013. All of them said member since 2012. I've heard of a couple of people on this thread getting D* from a corporate card, but i was skeptical. I called anyway and what do you know! I got the new cards earlier this week, but today i logged into Credit Karma and all my Amexes have dated opened in 2005! It's only 7 years extra on each card, but I'll take it! I love CB.

BobWang, I sometime do wonder how extend is your collection of pictures; are they sorted somewhow?

I don't know about Bob, but my photo collection is endless.

I store them all, sorted, at ....

google.com

How do I actually ask for backdating? I take I need to find when I actually had my old Amex card to begin with. Or will they be able to fish that info out provided my name and SSN?

BobWang, I sometime do wonder how extend is your collection of pictures; are they sorted somewhow?

I don't know about Bob, but my photo collection is endless.

I store them all, sorted, at ....

google.com

My google-Freedom Unlimited must be weak; I have been trying to find the redneck atm from Family Guy without luck... :(

Edited by SmellyMonkey

Credit Karma confirm AAOA increased. Makes me want to apply for MB AMEX.

I was also successful with an AU yesterday on my card. They backdated to the same member since year as my card. However, the AU originally had a card back in 78 with her maiden name. They were unable to locate it with her social or maiden name unfortunately. The representative suggested calling back once I received the replacement card as they couldn't submit two applications at the same time. So once I get the card and it's been ten days, I will try again.

As for those that did it over the weekend and weren't seeing the updated year on the website, I experienced the same. As soon as I received the email about the replacement card being on it's way this AM, I logged in and it had been changed.

Alright, so to follow up with this...

I was able to apply for a new account for the AU which originally was D* last week. As soon as I received the card for the new account, I contacted them to inform them that I wanted the 'member since' date to reflect the previous relationship from over 30 years ago and they obliged. So now I have a replacement card on its way.

Ok, so I've been working diligently over the past few weeks and it looks like I was able to achieve what I set out to. As of last week, I was able to successfully *D the 4 people associated with my account and everyone has the same 'member since' date.

So to recap, I was the primary (A) and found out one of my AU ( B ) had an account, which was closed, from a very, very long time ago. When ahead and got that AU ( B ) *D. Then opened a new account with ( B ) and added myself (A) and two others (C & D) as AUs. Then was able to *D us (A, C, & D) all off that. So now A, B, C, & D are all with the same 'member since' date.

At this point, it's just a waiting game as to when they actually report and I'm able to determine what effect it has on AAOA and our FICOs. Time to start applying for new Amices to maximize the AAOA increase for everyone!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Bob. Much appreciated!

Edited by m3jasper

At this point, it's just a waiting game as to when they actually report and I'm able to determine what effect it has on AAOA and our FICOs. Time to start applying for new Amices to maximize the AAOA increase for everyone!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*shakes fist at cv91915*

So I called. I got a new card with the emv chip for a potential trip to Europe. Wanted to have it just in case. It came stamped this year. Even though my OLAM says member since 2008. So it wasn't automatic. She saw my corporate card since 2008 and put the form in. She assured me it would be done and I would get a new card in about two weeks via usps. We will see once I get the new card but if it all works out.

The last post in this topic was posted 1872 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.