The Master American Express BackDating Thread - *Obsolete info*

The last post in this topic was posted 1840 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No.

chocolate. This ain't good. I sincerely hope it is just a glitch. maybe someone with some inside info knew of a glitch that would be happening with reporting and the March 21 date, and decided to play an April fool's on everyone by spinning this into a backdating hoax.

I had my first Amex Jetblue card in 2006 but Amex Cancelled the card because of non payment a year later. Fast forward to present times and i was just recently approved for an Amex Jetblue card again, so i called once I received the card to have it backdated. She put me on hold for a few minutes then told me my new card should arrive in a couple of days with an updated Member since date.

So we shall see

I had my first Amex Jetblue card in 2006 but Amex Cancelled the card because of non payment a year later. Fast forward to present times and i was just recently approved for an Amex Jetblue card again, so i called once I received the card to have it backdated. She put me on hold for a few minutes then told me my new card should arrive in a couple of days with an updated Member since date.

So we shall see

Please update when you have details. Edited by mendelssohn

I guess all of us are going to have slightly different situations so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. In my case I established a 2014 MSD with my first personal card in December. I then opened 3 cards in January 2015 which got D* to January 2014 and this is how they are all currently reporting. With one exception....

I just recently got D* to 1990 and one card has reported January 1990 (well before March 21st mind you). The others have not updated, for better or for worse and are still reporting January 2014.

At this point who knows what will happen. I hope since these accounts had already reported that at some point soon they'll all update to 1990. (not overly optimistic)

In light of everything though, if this doesn't happen my best case scenario is I get to keep January 2014 as the opening dates.

Worst case scenario is they update to open dates in 2015 and tank AAOA big time.

I also app'd a Platinum in March with the plan of churning for MRs but realized afterwards the AF wasn't waived (yes, dumb move on my part). It would've been a stretch to come out ahead on the AF in 2015 (without stashing points and airline GCs) so I cancelled the card after applying. This one has yet to report either.

It's really insane how much has been impacted in recent months....across the board.........on a number of "tricks of the trade" that were commonplace discussion around here. What do we even have left at this point? :cry2::cry2::cry2:

On a positive note....the PRG 50k bonus is working again. :good:

Far fetched idea that could in some weird way help, but may be fantasy, so don't get your hopes up:

If we find out that this change doesn't have any firm associated with this supposed March 21 deadline, then here's an idea:

EVERYONE FREEZE EX AND APPLY FOR AMEX CARDS NOW, SOMEHOW AVOID INSTANT APPROVALS, AND THEN CANCEL THE APPS! And then maybe go back and preserve your cancelled apps by reopening them to preserve possible *D leverage later when attempting to re open them.

I have a couple self cancelled Amex apps. Since I initiated them before this change, maybe I could also affect how they get reported. Maybe grandfathering the *D.

But for those who would app now, if these change of *D dates ain't set in stone, preserve some apps to use as soon as we find any confirmation that this change of *D is being rolled out in stages instead of being one huge implementation that effects everyone at once.

I guess all of us are going to have slightly different situations so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. In my case I established a 2014 MSD with my first personal card in December. I then opened 3 cards in January 2015 which got D* to January 2014 and this is how they are all currently reporting. With one exception....

I just recently got D* to 1990 and one card has reported January 1990 (well before March 21st mind you). The others have not updated, for better or for worse and are still reporting January 2014.

At this point who knows what will happen. I hope since these accounts had already reported that at some point soon they'll all update to 1990. (not overly optimistic)

In light of everything though, if this doesn't happen my best case scenario is I get to keep January 2014 as the opening dates.

Worst case scenario is they update to open dates in 2015 and tank AAOA big time.

I also app'd a Platinum in March with the plan of churning for MRs but realized afterwards the AF wasn't waived (yes, dumb move on my part). It would've been a stretch to come out ahead on the AF in 2015 (without stashing points and airline GCs) so I cancelled the card after applying. This one has yet to report either.

It's really insane how much has been impacted in recent months....across the board.........on a number of "tricks of the trade" that were commonplace discussion around here. What do we even have left at this point? :cry2::cry2::cry2:

On a positive note....the PRG 50k bonus is working again. :good:

Each other and that's what matters most lol

Find and thank the person who originally called in about this, please. :angry: strudel

I had nothing to do with this. I swear.

I left RD* alone after being rejected twice. I was hoping to try again, but guess not possible now.

Find and thank the person who originally called in about this, please. :angry: strudel

I had nothing to do with this. I swear.

I left RD* alone after being rejected twice. I was hoping to try again, but guess not possible now.

word on the other boards is you were the one calling AMEX repeatedly and complaining.

The last post in this topic was posted 1840 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.