Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

I'm in with Partners FCU! Any other members out there?

Wouldn't the "once a member, always a member" thing apply here?

Did anyone complain to the NCUA or any other officials about this?

Wouldn't the "once a member, always a member" thing apply here?

Did anyone complain to the NCUA or any other officials about this?

Not worth my time. They removed the TL they gave me and then took back...it was enough for me to forget about any vitriol. I'll deal with the other CUs that keep my accounts open and allow me to make them money.

Still loving partners :)

I would love to ask for a CLI if they didn't pull EX. I want to save the pulls for AMEX apps in January, after that I will try.

I would love to ask for a CLI if they didn't pull EX. I want to save the pulls for AMEX apps in January, after that I will try.

I know this thread has been dead since August but I really want to find out if there are still current members who joined through AAU or Ryman earlier this year. I have read the horror stories on here and wonder if I should subject myself to the scrutiny or just stay clear and apply for other Credit Unions that pull Experian for membership and credit.

I know this thread has been dead since August but I really want to find out if there are still current members who joined through AAU or Ryman earlier this year. I have read the horror stories on here and wonder if I should subject myself to the scrutiny or just stay clear and apply for other Credit Unions that pull Experian for membership and credit.

I don't think that loophole exists anymore.

Yeah, I joined through Ryman 4 months ago or whenever that was. Anyway, I wouldn't bother. They gave me a $1000 CL which I have used religiously and even let some balances report, etc... And they won't give me a CLI nor would they approve me for anything else. Reason? Bankruptcy. They aren't even that BK friendly anymore, I'm sure the only reason my account is still open is because it has a balance. I was PIFing me, but I changed that (on purpose) LOL

Yeah, I joined through Ryman 4 months ago or whenever that was. Anyway, I wouldn't bother. They gave me a $1000 CL which I have used religiously and even let some balances report, etc... And they won't give me a CLI nor would they approve me for anything else. Reason? Bankruptcy. They aren't even that BK friendly anymore, I'm sure the only reason my account is still open is because it has a balance. I was PIFing me, but I changed that (on purpose) LOL

Yea I'm not going to bother with Partners. I actually just chatted with one of their online reps and was told the only way I would qualify for membership through Ryman is in person. I'm like yea I'm in TN and the rep is like well call our 800 # and see if you can mail in the proof. dntknw.gif

Funny that this thread came to life again...as I have applied for a credit card AGAIN! I applied on 11-4...STATUS says APPROVED..Platinum 5000.. with no other comments. It also states that a loan officer will call me within 1 business day..I have yet to hear from them. Last time I applied we played phone tag a few times then I just gave up. I had to prompt the call last time. I never really knew what they wanted as my prior app stayed in the APPROVED status forever! Only reason I was messing with them was the last app was a soft...however this one was a HARD on Experian...so now I would like for this one to actually work out now that it was a HARD ...I will keep you posted!

Funny that this thread came to life again...as I have applied for a credit card AGAIN! I applied on 11-4...STATUS says APPROVED..Platinum 5000.. with no other comments. It also states that a loan officer will call me within 1 business day..I have yet to hear from them. Last time I applied we played phone tag a few times then I just gave up. I had to prompt the call last time. I never really knew what they wanted as my prior app stayed in the APPROVED status forever! Only reason I was messing with them was the last app was a soft...however this one was a HARD on Experian...so now I would like for this one to actually work out now that it was a HARD ...I will keep you posted!

Yes please keep me posted...I would really like to find out if they actually give you the CC. I'm not going to subject myself to their scrutiny. I have found a few that pull Experian and are easier to deal with. I would highly recommend to try Lockheed FCU. I spoke with a rep this past Saturday...she was nice and we actually ended up talking about work and life rolleyes.gif

Hey there,

Bringing this thread back to life...

I've been trying to "get In" with Partner for months, as I'm a huge Disney fan. I filed a complaint with their membership department that they need more options to join, and also stated there is no option online for Ryman members.

So, I checked membership options again today. Wouldn't you know Ryman is back!! And they have added several other options I'm not familiar with. Mostly local unions.

So, I applied for membership... was not instant and is still pending...... this isn't looking good. I bet that fact that I live in PA sent up red flags. No idea.

Also, applied for the Visa too... Still Pending - No instant approval on neither. No hard pulls on any of my CB as of yet either.

Will keep everyone updated. But was hoping Partners was opening up their purse and being more friendly with memberships.

Hey there,

Bringing this thread back to life...

I've been trying to "get In" with Partner for months, as I'm a huge Disney fan. I filed a complaint with their membership department that they need more options to join, and also stated there is no option online for Ryman members.

So, I checked membership options again today. Wouldn't you know Ryman is back!! And they have added several other options I'm not familiar with. Mostly local unions.

So, I applied for membership... was not instant and is still pending...... this isn't looking good. I bet that fact that I live in PA sent up red flags. No idea.

Also, applied for the Visa too... Still Pending - No instant approval on neither. No hard pulls on any of my CB as of yet either.

Will keep everyone updated. But was hoping Partners was opening up their purse and being more friendly with memberships.

I wish you good luck. I'm a member and love it. But I jsut checked it out. To me, the way it's listed is "Not if you're a member of the Ryman Allumni Association, but if you WORK for the Ryman Allumni Asso., which are 2 completely different things.

As the option is "I am an Employee of an Operating Participant/Other Company" because when Ryman was the loophole they had a link that said you can JOIN by becoming a member of the Ryman Association. That's not the case here and correct me if I'm wrong but the Ryman Allumini Asso. has always been under this link and people could use it (if they worked there). Or at least

Ryman was there when I got my DW in as a member over 8 months ago when I scrolled down just looking.

Didn't have to use it as she used ME as the link.

I hope you get in though. Maybe you can slide through. They've been very good to me. But don't be surprised if they try to hold up your membership. Because if this is a way in then it's just going to have the CB Effect and be shut down again :(

Nope, No go!

Application for Visa denied!!!

Got a call from loan officer, who was kinda rude,and went onver my EX report with find tooth comb. Asked about every new account I'm opened in the past year! Then put me on hold for like 1omins. Finally came back and just said, we're unable to approve you due to escalating debt. Then said, try again in 6mos. Click!

Luckily, still no hard pull on any of my reports! What a bad experience. I called them back told them to cancel my membership request!!

Edited by FlyingBroke! - Rod

Nope, No go!

Application for Visa denied!!!

Got a call from loan officer, who was kinda rude,and went onver my EX report with find tooth comb. Asked about every new account I'm opened in the past year! Then put me on hold for like 1omins. Finally came back and just said, we're unable to approve you due to escalating debt. Then said, try again in 6mos. Click!

Luckily, still no hard pull on any of my reports! What a bad experience. I called them back told them to cancel my membership request!!

I was reading the online reviews of Partners FCU, and let me tell you this is probably the best decision you can make. People say this CU has horrendous customer service, crazy security personnel who report people for "fraud" because they couldn't verify their employment, don't accept cc payment online unless its from their accounts, and they have the stones to put a 14 day hold on all new account check deposits and a 5 business day hold on all account check deposits. What a nightmare.

Regardless of what online reviews may or may not read, I've always had very good customer service from Partner's myself. And my credit card payments post instantly from my checking account. But I do have funds DD there, so I always have money in my checking and I've never tried to pay from an outside source. I really like that my Visa has no transfer fees, no cash advance fees, and 7.99% APR should I choose to carry a balance. Plus my basic checking is free.

Yes, I will be another flag waiver for Partners... they have always been good to me as well. I got in during the Ryman Arts CB effect and was one of the lucky ones to keep my membership. I have done an auto loan with them before that was very easy and smooth. My credit card has also had a CLI successfully and I have never had a problem with them. They also redid their online account system and its a lot nicer now than it was before. I also really like the low APR on the cc...but honestly, I haven't really used Partners in a long time.... they are just on my back burner for now. :)

I'll have to agreee with BDK and cputrwz. i've never had a problem with Partners. Enjoyed getting a membership and a very high CL with LOW APR with nO hard inq's. they even beat nfcu when I refied an auto with them. I do transfer $$ from another bank but I just do it in advance so it will be there when I do have to make payments to VISA.

i believe they only go up to $20,000 as the highest CL on the VISA. otherwise they are great as far as i'm concerned.

Did have a slight problem when i got my DW a mambership. i filled out the app online and made one little mistake. I used MY SSN, LOL. that didn't work out too well, lol.

Anybody will be available to help me become a Partners Member? I need a sponsor. I friend told me to apply for the CC. I got approved and they called me\. since I’m not a member they can issue me the CC.

I asked then why did you let me, in the app stayed if you are not a member leave this blank. I did, got approved and not can get it.

thank you

DP

On 2/10/2011 at 10:01 AM, foeplay said:

If you don't have checking or DD, make sure to keep $500 in savings account to avoid $3 monthly fee.

Wish I had known this, I just paid off my loan in March and just noticed that they "thanked" me by now charging $3/month (with no notice) until they drained my savings.  I guess they are trying to eject me as being unprofitable customer after paying off my second car loan with them.

2 hours ago, Menta33 said:

Wish I had known this, I just paid off my loan in March and just noticed that they "thanked" me by now charging $3/month (with no notice) until they drained my savings.  I guess they are trying to eject me as being unprofitable customer after paying off my second car loan with them.

congrats on paying off the car!!!

2 hours ago, Menta33 said:

CUvsBank.png?format=2500w

Edited by cv91915

12 hours ago, Zanshiro said:

*rakes in his juicy bank dividends and notes he can say he's technically an 'owner' of both now, invalidating the CU argument*

I have no idea what you are saying here, perhaps you could elaborate?  Who is the 'he/his' here, what Credit Union argument is he making, what dividends and notes is he reaping?

5 hours ago, Menta33 said:

I have no idea what you are saying here, perhaps you could elaborate?  Who is the 'he/his' here, what Credit Union argument is he making, what dividends and notes is he reaping?

Me, emotively raking in bank dividends, in that "*emotive*" style of internet forum talk.

Example:  Owning 100 shares of PBCT (currently) pays about $72 a year, in addition to income generated by selling covered calls. Thus, being an owner of the bank pays as well.  So if they're paying me over $100 a year to own 100 shares, what's the CU paying me to own shares?  Long story short, do what makes the most sense for you in your own financial situation.

Edited by Zanshiro
Example

1 hour ago, Zanshiro said:

Me, emotively raking in bank dividends, in that "*emotive*" style of internet forum talk.

Example:  Owning 100 shares of PBCT (currently) pays about $72 a year, in addition to income generated by selling covered calls. Thus, being an owner of the bank pays as well.  So if they're paying me over $100 a year to own 100 shares, what's the CU paying me to own shares?  Long story short, do what makes the most sense for you in your own financial situation.

Thanks for taking the time to explain, much appreciated!