Sign in to follow this  
ICANHASMUNY?

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

"We received your complaint and after our review we found that the best agency to help you with this issue is the FDIC. We have forwarded your complaint to them."

In a nutshell.

"We received your complaint and after our review we found that the best agency to help you with this issue is the FDIC. We have forwarded your complaint to them."

In a nutshell.

Think I found it - it has to do whether you're liable for the account, and if you are not,
then the lenders probably can't report negative information regarding the account
6500 - Consumer Protection
Section 226.12--Special Credit Card Provisions
Paragraph 12(a)(1).
Persons to whom cards may be issued. A card issuer may issue a credit card to the person who requests it, and to anyone else for whom that person requests a card and who will be an authorized user on the requester's account. In other words, cards may be sent to consumer A on A's request, and also (on A's request) to consumers B and C, who will be authorized users on A's account. In these circumstances, the following rules apply:
• The additional cards may be imprinted in either A's name or in the names of B and C.
• No liability for unauthorized use (by persons other than B and C), not even the $50, may be imposed on B or C since they are merely users and not "cardholders" as that term is defined in § 226.2 and used in § 226.12( B); of course, liability of up to $50 for unauthorized use of B's and C's cards may be imposed on A.
• Whether B and C may be held liable for their own use, or on the account generally, is a matter of state or other applicable law.

NOW, Waiting to see if your complaint is the ONE which results in all banks refusing to report AU's accounts to the CRA's , if you're not legally liable .

The OC attempted to reach me on my cell today...as soon as I saw the area code, I knew it was them...I didn't answer but the guy left a message..he just asked me to give him a call...they must have received one or both of my complaints...I haven't received an update email from the CFPB or the BBB today....

Wow. You are good.

Hope it results in a deletion. And if somehow it helps others that would be great.

I'm not good, ICAN has been spoon feeding me on this!!!! I can't take credit...and who knows what he wants, he may have been calling to tell me to F off!!!! :blush2:

I haven't heard back from the CFPB or BBB yet BUT one of them did something because the OC corrected my report and I got back the 27 points on Ex that I lost when they changed it a few days ago!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Not a deletion, but I still see it as a small victory!!!!! Thanks to CB once again for guidance and support!!!!!

I haven't heard back from the CFPB or BBB yet BUT one of them did something because the OC corrected my report and I got back the 27 points on Ex that I lost when they changed it a few days ago!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Not a deletion, but I still see it as a small victory!!!!! Thanks to CB once again for guidance and support!!!!!

Congrats

this is too important a thread to be locked for POLITICAL issues.

please desist.

Why political? pbarnes is right in saying the agency may close or have a lot of the authority taken away.

My 2 cents.