I was shocked by BofA CLI!!!!

Ron1

The last post in this topic was posted 4285 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Last week( Dec.20), I clicked CLI button to request BofA Accelerated Rewards Amex. It didn't give me any instant decision and it came back to call for instant decision. Today, I just checked website and they just increased from $10K to 15K :yahoo: . I didn't think they would give me any CLI. I was shocked :o .The account has been open for only 5 months.

I don't usually use their cards. It is not one of my favorite.

Ron.

Edited by Ron1

Congrats, I was thinking about hitting them up too.

I need more on my BOA cash accelerated card and FIA,

I don't want to pust it with them though.

Maybe I will do the acc. since it was left with 1,000

taken for the FIA card and then I was CLI on FIA 5,000

more I think in Oct.

Congrats, I was thinking about hitting them up too.

I need more on my BOA cash accelerated card and FIA,

I don't want to pust it with them though.

Maybe I will do the acc. since it was left with 1,000

taken for the FIA card and then I was CLI on FIA 5,000

more I think in Oct.

Thanks. When was last time you request CLI? My account was opened in July. It hasn't been six month when I requested it. Every time you may have a chance to get CLD or close when you ask for CLI. I never carried any balance. I used once to pay for my brother's tuition and pay it off at the end of the month. I don't really like BofA and they closed, chase balances on all my accounts.

Ron.

Just a warning reminder. If you do this and you have any other FIA cards, you run the risk of them just reallocating from that card.

Thanks for reminding me. They reallocated ($5K) some of credit line from my BofA WorldPoints Visa Signature Card to Accelerated Cash. Now my BofA World Points Visa Signature Card got $3.4K. I didn't check yesterday. They did to me last year. I guess it was not a CLI. That's MBNA/FIA that I know.

Fortunately, the other one is Visa Signature Card. It doesn't affect a bit for the score because it doesn't report the limit.

Ron.

Edited by Ron1

UPDATE:

I just called the automated system on my Visa Signature Card and the system transferred me to CSR. The account was downgraded to WorldPoints Platinum Visa (under $5000).

Ron.

Ouch. How much of a limit did you lose on this visa?

UPDATE:

I just called the automated system on my Visa Signature Card and the system transferred me to CSR. The account was downgraded to WorldPoints Platinum Visa (under $5000).

Ron.

I didn't lose $5K. They moved 5K to my BofA Accelerated Amex . I like Amex. They really give me CLI instead of moving around CL.

Ron.

UPDATE:

Ron.

I didn't lose $5K. They moved 5K to my BofA Accelerated Amex . I like Amex. They really give me CLI instead of moving around CL.

Ron.

Got it now.

So the BofA CLI on the title is a false alarm then? And you raised my hope too. lol

Sorry about the misleading post. I didn't know they moved my credit limit around. They did it to me once two years ago.

Ron.

I finally got a letter from them today. It said " The decision was based on the information you provided, an assessment of your account history, economic trends and a copy of credit report (from Experian). It also mention about redistributing credit lines. If I have any question, please feel free to call them. I have perfect credit history (never been late) with them and nothing wrong with my credit.

Ron.

The last post in this topic was posted 4285 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.