The Generational Housing Market

Tommy The Cat

The last post in this topic was posted 4889 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

i intentionally bought the biggest house i 'couldnt' afford the 2nd time around. my mom had told me what their mortgage payment was and when they first got it, it seemed insurmountable, but 'today' it was about the same as some people's minimum on their discover card. it was so cheap it was embarrassing lol. Plus i am not one to move, i just hate it. So that large payment when i first got the house eventually would become a bargain basement 'rent' after a while.

of course my circumstances changed and i've been forced to max refi out a few times but thats another issue. I still look at the mortgage as rent for a castle i otherwise could never rent. so i just enjoy the castle while i'm here and once i'm older, who cares what it's worth :)

i also saw an article, which believe is hogwash because no one is that stupid, but it said downsizing may not be a good idea because then people rent storage places to store the stuff that wont fit. i dont buy it because you wouldnt sell if your stuff meant that much to you

The last post in this topic was posted 4889 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.