You can't just grab a guy's crank without his permission

The last post in this topic was posted 3821 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

excellent point...     maybe TSA should re-read the Constitution and begin following the rules....or find an alternative means of employment....the TSA knows what the Constitution requires before t

Yeah...this might be the straw that breaks the airline industry's back. And I'd be OK with that. I haven't been on a commercial flight in....years. People are getting pissed, and it doesn't matter who

Federal law trumps state and local law when it comes to national security.   Now, how specific is the SOP of the TSA? i.e., are there specific search procedures fully detailed as to how it is to be

People need to quit whinning and either follow the rules or find alternate means of transportation. You know what the TSA is requiring before you get there.

feeling up a 7 year-old kid's crotch is not making us safer. but I guess pedophiles have a new place to work.

ETA: I have no problem with the new body scanners. but the genital grab is too much. I feel sorry for the TSA workers required by their supervisors to carry-out these sexual assaults.

Edited by hegemony

People need to quit whinning and either follow the rules or find alternate means of transportation. You know what the TSA is requiring before you get there.

excellent point...

maybe TSA should re-read the Constitution and begin following the rules....or find an alternative means of employment....the TSA knows what the Constitution requires before they pass these arbitrary rules

What they're requiring is stupid. If you're happy to bend over and take it (an experience possibly soon literally available at your local airport) that's fine. But a lot of people aren't, and hopefully it'll have an effect. They employ minimum wage workers, with inadequate training, and a very narrow minded "it's in rules" approach, that is also inconsistent. I have spent time at the counter, waiting for 3 TSA agents to figure whether Lancome 'powder finish' blush is a powder or a gel. Many times they are also incredibly rude. Very few of them actually know why they're doing what they're doing, and they fall back on attitude to cover their flowers and/or try intimidate you.

When I hear about explosives travelling in FedEx aircraft, I'm really pleased my underwires and Rom's crotch will be checked thoroughly next time we fly. Nothing makes me feel safer.

Federal law trumps state and local law when it comes to national security.

Now, how specific is the SOP of the TSA? i.e., are there specific search procedures fully detailed as to how it is to be executed? Are there specific guidelines on as to who can be searched? (I'd be willing to bet that there are).

Yeah, I'm not happy about it....I certainly wouldn't want to be felt up...but sometimes that is the price of admission.

People gripe and complain, but those would also be the first ones to scream and yell and blame the airlines and TSA if a terrorist was about to get on a plane and blow it up...or God forbid, pull off another 9/11.

Another question I keep pondering is why is there (apparently) a beef up in security all of the sudden? hmmmmm?

Federal law trumps state and local law when it comes to national security.

Now, how specific is the SOP of the TSA? i.e., are there specific search procedures fully detailed as to how it is to be executed? Are there specific guidelines on as to who can be searched? (I'd be willing to bet that there are).

I wasted time this week looking for official manuals or training info on this from the TSA but all it seems to post on its website is generic and banal details of the pat down. They do state the exact reasons someone will be subject to the sexual assault, but nothing specific about how it is to be conducted other than saying 1) it will be same-sex, 2) you can request a private room and 3) the TSA agent will "work with" parents to conduct searches for kids under 12. I guess after puberty the TSA wants the right to assault the kids.

People gripe and complain, but those would also be the first ones to scream and yell and blame the airlines and TSA if a terrorist was about to get on a plane and blow it up...or God forbid, pull off another 9/11.

not me. I fear lightning and drunk drivers a lot more than terrorism since I understand probability theory.

Edited by hegemony
  • Admin

excellent point...

maybe TSA should re-read the Constitution and begin following the rules....or find an alternative means of employment....the TSA knows what the Constitution requires before they pass these arbitrary rules

:glare:

Careful, Pryan, that's very close to political.

It is no more of a sexual assault than a pat down by police.

In order to be a sexual assault, there has to be intent for sexual gratification.

I'll add one little tidbit here... I find it more than slightly offensive that you are calling it a "sexual assault" because in doing so, you are belittling those who are truly sexually assaulted. You might think it is cute and funny and all to call it a sexual assault....but it isn't. Not a little bit. Not at all.

It is no more of a sexual assault than a pat down by police.

In order to be a sexual assault, there has to be intent for sexual gratification.

I'll add one little tidbit here... I find it more than slightly offensive that you are calling it a "sexual assault" because in doing so, you are belittling those who are truly sexually assaulted. You might think it is cute and funny and all to call it a sexual assault....but it isn't. Not a little bit. Not at all.

your point on sexual assult is well-taken, but I am not joking about it. I really think it is creepy that minors can be felt-up by TSA workers. How do you know there is not some TSA guy/gal getting jollies from these actions?

and in a LEO pat down there is usually some probable cause and/or the safety of the officer involved. what is TSA's probably cause? is it okay for TSA to accuse or assume every 80 year old with a metal hip has a bomb in his/her depends?

I agree that I am unhappy with the thought of a child being searched.

However, think about the mentality of terrorists. They are willing to blow themselves up for (named reason here), If someone is that radical what is to say that they aren't just as insane to attach it to their child. The child will be "glorified" for its "sacrifice" (guh, I just thew up in my mouth a little bit)

We think like Americans. To win a war like this you have to crawl into the soul of your adversary.

Unfortunately, when we have to do stuff like this...they already are winning, without having to do a single thing.

What they're requiring is stupid. If you're happy to bend over and take it (an experience possibly soon literally available at your local airport) that's fine. But a lot of people aren't, and hopefully it'll have an effect. They employ minimum wage workers, with inadequate training, and a very narrow minded "it's in rules" approach, that is also inconsistent. I have spent time at the counter, waiting for 3 TSA agents to figure whether Lancome 'powder finish' blush is a powder or a gel. Many times they are also incredibly rude. Very few of them actually know why they're doing what they're doing, and they fall back on attitude to cover their flowers and/or try intimidate you.

When I hear about explosives travelling in FedEx aircraft, I'm really pleased my underwires and Rom's crotch will be checked thoroughly next time we fly. Nothing makes me feel safer.

Just wait until someone makes an underwire out of semtex (and they will)...

they won't be able to detect it like any other explosive...after all...if semtex was detectable, we wouldn't be having this discussion...because they'd "protect us" in the least obtrusive way possible...

oh...wait...semtex IS detectable...electronically as well as by dogs...hmmm....

Yeah, I'm not happy about it....I certainly wouldn't want to be felt up...but sometimes that is the price of admission.

Another question I keep pondering is why is there (apparently) a beef up in security all of the sudden? hmmmmm?

Really? You feel that safe? How often do you fly? Cause I fly a lot, and I get the impression that if there were thousands of me trying to smuggle something on board, it could be done. That's why their procedures annoy me. If they hired good, dedicated people, and trained them well, and were thorough, and consistent, may be I wouldn't feel like it's all in vain. But I've had to throw away a sandwich and a bunch of make up on one trip, and coming back nobody bothered to look into a big flowers cake I had in a metal baking form, wrapped in foil. Could have been anything.

I use a huge "carry on" Sometimes it goes through just fine. Sometimes they make me check it. Sometimes they are thorough and dig to the bottom of the bag to find an orange and a cell phone charger that looked bad on screen, and sometimes they look at me, smile, and let me go, despite the fact that I almsot always travel with questionable stuff. Sometimes rogue camping knives make it through, sometimes they don't. Either way, on an occasion I'd have been able to shank Rom midflight, despite the one trip where they took away my tweezers and nail clippers and eyeballed my Toyota key suspiciously for a long time.

I get the impression that it's all a crapshoot.

There was a huge commotion once because I didn't' have a plastic baggy for my toiletries. A baggie was eventually found, and it was a huge ordeal, and I asked, wtf, is the point, if you've already eyeballed and tested for powder all my stuff. They said, because all those items, in small quantities, could be used as explosives. Therefore, it is imperative, they be in a plastic baggy. I thanked them, for making it easier for me to make a tiny explosive in flight. They're right. It DOES make ingredients easy to see. Nobody bat an eyelash as I said this and walked off. I get the impression that they specifically hire salamanders. I feel bad about it, I'm sure not all of them are. But the vast majority. Dumb. Sorry, TSA.

BTW, nobody seems to have noticed the real reason to link to Penn's experience...

the media hype seems to suggest this pat down is new...

but THIS pat down IS new...

in 02...when the story was written...it wasn't every man, woman, and child being groped...or subjected to potentially dangerous (we don't know for sure either way) body scans...

What about children who abhor being touched due to a "mental condition"...like Asperger's? Someone who will panic and start fighting?

However, think about the mentality of terrorists. They are willing to blow themselves up for (named reason here), If someone is that radical what is to say that they aren't just as insane to attach it to their child. The child will be "glorified" for its "sacrifice" (guh, I just thew up in my mouth a little bit)

We think like Americans. To win a war like this you have to crawl into the soul of your adversary.

Unfortunately, when we have to do stuff like this...they already are winning, without having to do a single thing.

By the same token...they'll put it in cargo...which the majority is NOT searched or scanned at all....

or, as mentioned earlier, make a bra out of explosives...

or shove it where the sun don't shine (imagine the knee jerk reaction THAT will cause...and they won't let you bring vaseline on the plane)

or they'll shoot down a plane...

or buy a jet of their own and crash it into a commercial jet

or tamper with the electronics...

or with the fuel supply

or any of a hundred other things

This won't do a darn thing to stop anyone...

Really? You feel that safe? How often do you fly? Cause I fly a lot, and I get the impression that if there were thousands of me trying to smuggle something on board, it could be done. That's why their procedures annoy me. If they hired good, dedicated people, and trained them well, and were thorough, and consistent, may be I wouldn't feel like it's all in vain. But I've had to throw away a sandwich and a bunch of make up on one trip, and coming back nobody bothered to look into a big flowers cake I had in a metal baking form, wrapped in foil. Could have been anything.

I use a huge "carry on" Sometimes it goes through just fine. Sometimes they make me check it. Sometimes they are thorough and dig to the bottom of the bag to find an orange and a cell phone charger that looked bad on screen, and sometimes they look at me, smile, and let me go, despite the fact that I almsot always travel with questionable stuff. Sometimes rogue camping knives make it through, sometimes they don't. Either way, on an occasion I'd have been able to shank Rom midflight, despite the one trip where they took away my tweezers and nail clippers and eyeballed my Toyota key suspiciously for a long time.

I get the impression that it's all a crapshoot.

There was a huge commotion once because I didn't' have a plastic baggy for my toiletries. A baggie was eventually found, and it was a huge ordeal, and I asked, wtf, is the point, if you've already eyeballed and tested for powder all my stuff. They said, because all those items, in small quantities, could be used as explosives. Therefore, it is imperative, they be in a plastic baggy. I thanked them, for making it easier for me to make a tiny explosive in flight. They're right. It DOES make ingredients easy to see. Nobody bat an eyelash as I said this and walked off. I get the impression that they specifically hire salamanders. I feel bad about it, I'm sure not all of them are. But the vast majority. Dumb. Sorry, TSA.

Unless you are flying at least twice a week...you.are.not.flying.a lot..the majority of people that are whining about this those that that are flying occasionally...I still can't even find any good action on Flyertalk..I hope all those folks threatening to just start driving everywhere and stop flying..will just do that..Try travelling through Israel’s airport security..and then people would have something to complain about..they don't even need to use TSA measures

Edited by Islandgal

What about children who abhor being touched due to a "mental condition"...like Asperger's? Someone who will panic and start fighting?

That's an interesting point, I didn't think of that.

By the same token...they'll put it in cargo...which the majority is NOT searched or scanned at all....

Oh, but they randomly go through it! Yay!

Unless you are flying at least twice a week...you.are.not.flying.a lot..

Oh. I didn't realize twice a week was the proper official qualifier for "a lot" as it relates to flying. Duly noted.

Tigz, I stand corrected. I fly almost a lot.

PS. My stepmother is a flight attendant. I think she officially flies "a lot". She is complaining about it too. So are the pilots, apparently. :unsure:

Edited by Snork Maiden

or, as mentioned earlier, make a bra out of explosives...

or shove it where the sun don't shine (imagine the knee jerk reaction THAT will cause...and they won't let you bring vaseline on the plane)

or they'll shoot down a plane...

or buy a jet of their own and crash it into a commercial jet

or tamper with the electronics...

or with the fuel supply

or any of a hundred other things

This won't do a darn thing to stop anyone...

Oh, I agree. It isn't going to stop them at all. They will just think of something else.

Unless you are flying at least twice a week...you.are.not.flying.a lot..

Oh. I didn't realize twice a week was the proper official qualifier for "a lot" as it relates to flying. Duly noted.

Tigz, I stand corrected. I fly almost a lot.

PS. My stepmother is a flight attendant. I think she officially flies "a lot". She is complaining about it too. So are the pilots, apparently. :unsure:

Complaining..whining..as a nation we whine a lot.a lot like the Shepple...other countries get off their butts and go protest...

you carried a baggie? :rofl::lol:

Edited by Islandgal

Airports have the option to opt of using TSA and using a private security screening firm, but they still have to abide by TSA guidelines so BW stated People need to quit whinning and either follow the rules or find alternate means of transportation. You know what the TSA is requiring before you get there - I never used clear baggies because I know what to not pack in my carry-on..

The last post in this topic was posted 3821 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.